PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Live

Sunny Day Suicide
08-24-2006, 01:53 AM
I finally found it. The Funniest Skit Ever. Let these guys teach you how to soak a cork.

SNL Cork Soakers (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1035021147)

eestlinc
08-24-2006, 02:48 AM
The best SNL sketches have Christopher Walken in them. This one is pretty funny at first but SNL tends to do these types of skits where they simply repeat the same "punchline" over and over, which becomes quite predictable. Even the venerable Christopher Walken has succumbed to the banality of such skits during his brief appearance a Colonel Angus.

you also probably shouldn't link through myspace since people have to log in to view it.

Doomie
08-24-2006, 02:50 AM
What the hell is a coark. Also, I didn't click the link, but I have the video saved on my computer. =] Yeah, it's funny.

Sunny Day Suicide
08-24-2006, 02:58 AM
Finally someone with a good sense of humor.

The best SNL sketches have Christopher Walken in them.

you also shouldn't really like through myspace since people have to log in to view it.

I couldn't find it anywhere else. Doom you think you can send me the video by email or upload it to a site so you can show peaople with no myspace? Hey, try this site.

http://www.4shared.com/

kikimm
08-24-2006, 03:39 AM
Yeah, Christopher Walken kicks ass. Alec Baldwin, Tom Hanks and John Goodman are also fantastic. And they're all fantastic actors what a coincidence. Most of the sports players who go on the show suck.

The show's really gone downhill, though. And it used to be so great. :whimper:

Tavrobel
08-24-2006, 03:50 AM
The problem is with SNL is that they are not establighing new trends, but rather, just falling back on what works, or seems to work to make people laugh. I've seen more people get laughs at the "lovers" sketches, simply because Will Ferrell was back (not to trounce on his skill), than sketches that were actually funny. They need more people who actually do things properly.

The one recurring sketch that I absolutely hated was the Debbie Downer ones; they weren't funny at all, and I'm pretty optimistic most of the time, I'll ignore anything that'll ruin my day, but what gets me is that people actually laugh at it for it's comedic value, which is non-existant. If people were laughing because they were sadistic jackasses, that would make more sense.

There are boatloads of more sketches that are funnier than the Cork Soakers. One that comes to mind is Jamba Juice with Natalie Portman, and the short video clip of her rapping. Now THAT was genius. But I'm also a fan of Baldwin's, Hanks', Walken's, and Goodman's works. Jeopardy works, too.

However, I heard that both Tina Fey and Rachel Dratch left the show. I wonder what of a direction it will take.

I Took the Red Pill
08-24-2006, 03:56 AM
New SNL doesn't hold a candle to old SNL.

I live in a van down by the river. (http://thetravisty.com/Saturday_Night_Live/wmv/Matt_Foley_-_Motivational_Speaker.htmhttp://www.google.com/)

eestlinc
08-24-2006, 03:59 AM
I think Tina Fey is pretty funny but she's been head writer for most of the crappiness, so perhaps her departure will be good for the show.

I live in a van down by the river. (http://thetravisty.com/Saturday_Night_Live/wmv/Matt_Foley_-_Motivational_Speaker.htmhttp://www.google.com/)
Does Chris Farley constitute old SNL now? My favorite old sketch is Richrd Pryor and Chevy Chase's word association job interview, although I don't know that it's appropriate to post here.

Del Murder
08-24-2006, 04:09 AM
Yeah, those 'repeat the same line because it sounds dirty' sketches get old quickly.

The Jeopardy ones are great.

Roto13
08-24-2006, 04:09 AM
People liked the first Debbie Downer sketch because everyone in it was cracking up, and that was really funny. Horatio Sanz was dabbing his eyes with pancakes.

The 70's Saturday Night Live cast was great. If anyone can find a "Wild and Crazy Guys" sketch online, I'll love them forever.

At least Weekend Update is better than it was.

daggertrepe
08-24-2006, 04:10 AM
No. The best sketch ever was the america's next top model sketch where Tina Fey played Janice. Good times. :)

fantasyjunkie
08-24-2006, 04:29 AM
My favorite was when Steve Martin sang "King Tut". I like it so much I downloaded it to my psp.

Sunny Day Suicide
08-24-2006, 04:33 AM
What the hell is a coark. Also, I didn't click the link, but I have the video saved on my computer. =] Yeah, it's funny.

Whoops, my bad. I meant cork.

The one recurring sketch that I absolutely hated was the Debbie Downer ones; they weren't funny at all,
Yeah, they stink. I think I started hating the sketch and new the outcome of it after the theme song and boy did it suck.

Yeah, those 'repeat the same line because it sounds dirty' sketches get old quickly.
But it's Cork Soaking dude!

Del Murder
08-24-2006, 04:58 AM
We need more cowbell!

kikimm
08-24-2006, 05:04 AM
My brother bought a cowbell just because of that sketch, seriously. I love it.

eestlinc
08-24-2006, 05:44 AM
the centaur job interview is great. maybe all job interview sketches are great.

SammieBabe
08-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Any skit that mentions ignorant sluts is my favorite...:)

Roto13
08-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Point/Counterpoint!

Dan Aykroyd: Hello, I'm Dan Aykroyd, station manager for Weekend Update. Last night, President Carter announced that the United States and Red China have agreed to establish full diplomatic relations starting January 1st. That will be the topic of tonight's Point-Counterpoint with Jane taking the pro-relations point and I will take the anti-relations counterpoint.

Jane Curtin: Dan, only a reactionary ass such as yourself could oppose full diplomatic relations with China. As President Carter said, it is a simple recognition of reality. How can we ignore eight hundred million people? But, then again, I guess it's your habit to ignore reality. You're a paranoid schizophrenic, Dan, whose politics are obviously born out of some buried infantile trauma. You hide from reality, constructing a hostile world to justify your own incapacity for love and compassion. Go ahead, Dan, live in your dark, lonely world. The rest of us will extend our hands in friendship to eight hundred million human beings, saying, "Hi! You do exist. Let's be friends."

Dan Aykroyd: Jane, you ignorant slut. My personality profile is not at issue here, any more than is your inability to achieve orgasm. The issue is Taiwan. How can we expect to have the confidence of any free nation when we stab one of our most faithful allies in the back. I suppose you'd like to conduct our foreign policy the way you conduct your private life, hopping from bed to bed with anyone that can do you some good. Then what do you have? An old, dried-out scuzz that no decent man would be seen with. Is that what you want for America? It's too late for you, Jane, but our country still has some dignity left, you hosebag!

Jane Curtin: Thank you, Dan!

Tavrobel
08-24-2006, 07:51 PM
I wonder who they are going to keep at Weekend Update, whether or not to keep Amy Poehler. If they don't let her do it alone, it'll probably be Seth Meyers filling in the spot. The two have good chemistry in my opinion.

Roto13
08-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Well, Weekend Update has been in every episode since the first one, so I'm sure they'll keep doing it without Tina Fey. It's not like the host of WE has never left the show before.

As for who will replace her, I really hope it isn't Horatio Sanz >_<

bipper
08-24-2006, 07:55 PM

Werd. And Alec baldwind Schwety balls, lunch lady song, get off the damn shed. ugh good times.

Tavrobel
08-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Well, Weekend Update has been in every episode since the first one, so I'm sure they'll keep doing it without Tina Fey. It's not like the host of WE has never left the show before.

As for who will replace her, I really hope it isn't Horatio Sanz >_<

Maybe Jimmy Fallon should ask for his job back, because his career is Maricking.

I never thought that they would consider Horatio Sanz for it. That would be the definition of sucking.

Roto13
08-24-2006, 08:09 PM
He filled in for Tina Fey at the beginning of the year. Don't count him out completely.

Or do, because he sucked on it.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Too bad I don't live in America.

SammieBabe
08-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Point/Counterpoint!

Dan Aykroyd: Hello, I'm Dan Aykroyd, station manager for Weekend Update. Last night, President Carter announced that the United States and Red China have agreed to establish full diplomatic relations starting January 1st. That will be the topic of tonight's Point-Counterpoint with Jane taking the pro-relations point and I will take the anti-relations counterpoint.

Jane Curtin: Dan, only a reactionary ass such as yourself could oppose full diplomatic relations with China. As President Carter said, it is a simple recognition of reality. How can we ignore eight hundred million people? But, then again, I guess it's your habit to ignore reality. You're a paranoid schizophrenic, Dan, whose politics are obviously born out of some buried infantile trauma. You hide from reality, constructing a hostile world to justify your own incapacity for love and compassion. Go ahead, Dan, live in your dark, lonely world. The rest of us will extend our hands in friendship to eight hundred million human beings, saying, "Hi! You do exist. Let's be friends."

Dan Aykroyd: Jane, you ignorant slut. My personality profile is not at issue here, any more than is your inability to achieve orgasm. The issue is Taiwan. How can we expect to have the confidence of any free nation when we stab one of our most faithful allies in the back. I suppose you'd like to conduct our foreign policy the way you conduct your private life, hopping from bed to bed with anyone that can do you some good. Then what do you have? An old, dried-out scuzz that no decent man would be seen with. Is that what you want for America? It's too late for you, Jane, but our country still has some dignity left, you hosebag!

Jane Curtin: Thank you, Dan!

:love:
The Point/Counterpoint with Mick Jagger as Keith Richards and Mike Myers as Mick Jagger was awesome too...:D

farplaner
08-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Anyone else notice how Janet never got through "cork soaker" without stumbling? Yeah, Sanz just generally sucks. I think he loses his cool in something like 95% of the sketches he's a part of.

I can't remember the name of it, but the WU with Fey + Poehler with the kids' toy was good for a laugh. "Pull it, pull, pull it, pull it, yyyeeeaaahhh!!"