PDA

View Full Version : Strangers with Candy ... >.<

Fuego
08-24-2006, 04:26 AM
I love the Tv show and the Movie was hilarious !

http://www.jerriblank.com/swc.html is the Official link i think :D

Anyone love this show too or just like it ?
:tongue:

Zeromus_X
08-24-2006, 04:28 AM
I THINK I saw it once, but I'm not sure. I'm sure I thought it was okay, at least.

Shiny
08-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Someone from my T.V. production class got me into the television series. I think it's pretty weird and random, but the old man (Jerri's father) that was in the early episodes was hilarious.

Fuego
08-24-2006, 10:26 PM
I love the dad he is awsome ! I love the randomness of the show and think they (Paul, Amy, and Steven) are brilliant writers !

I am so glad you like it Shiny ! :nibbles:

farplaner
08-25-2006, 08:07 AM
This show is one of my guiltiest pleasures. It's SO off-the-wall, and disturbingly subversive, which, despite myself, I can't resist....I mean, Principal Blackman!? :lol:

Jerry's interactions with her "mom" :lol:

Jerry's skewed moral lessons :lol:

etc., etc., etc... :lol:

I'll watch the movie when I can get hold of it discretely...I'm ashamed of my shame for liking it...:tongue:

Araciel
08-25-2006, 08:08 AM
what the heck is tv

farplaner
08-25-2006, 08:41 AM
what the heck is tv

it's that box that has drained your ability to understand what a tv is.

Also known as "the tele" by Brits.

Araciel
08-25-2006, 09:00 AM
oh you mean the babysitter...of course

farplaner
08-25-2006, 09:36 AM
oh you mean the babysitter...of course

Right. On the plus side, a hidden camera will most likely never reveal a twisted TV beating your child...at least not physically. :eek:

Araciel
08-26-2006, 07:16 AM
:)

Fuego
08-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Yay ! *cheer farplaner on*
It started out as a guilty pleasure (for me too) then i had to buy the dvds ... now i walk around quoting random bits (like my sig) and doing the double snap by the ears.
I love it when she met her son as the new studend and made out with him, and how she is always after coppertop, Esp when they make fun (ie when she was illiterate, the one where she snitched on the "retarded girl", the two with the cult, and racism)
glad you enjoy the show too :D

farplaner
08-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Yay ! *cheer farplaner on*
It started out as a guilty pleasure (for me too) then i had to buy the dvds ... now i walk around quoting random bits (like my sig) and doing the double snap by the ears.
I love it when she met her son as the new studend and made out with him, and how she is always after coppertop, Esp when they make fun (ie when she was illiterate, the one where she snitched on the "retarded girl", the two with the cult, and racism)
glad you enjoy the show too :D

Yeah, that quote of yours is a good one. :lol:

How about the one where Jerry joins a cult, and they end up smuggling her out and beating her with baseball bats.....ahh, they need to put that show back on the air...

*cheers Fuego in return

Fuego
08-27-2006, 04:31 AM
LOL
Thank you :bow:
Those are FUNNY ! Alan Tudyk was perfect for those episodes .
"I'm gonna sit at the welcome table" ...
And Principal Onyx Blackman ... LMAO !

Oh and i loved the "Is my daddy crazy" episode ... I love when he's rubbing the stick of butter over his face. David Cross is in that one, and Amy Sedaris Drills into his head to "Release the demons"
"Good times !"

I wish there would be at least one more season ... they write so well together (amy, paul and steven) and the movie is Funny !