PDA

View Full Version : Little Miss Sunshine

Miriel
08-24-2006, 08:02 AM
I know plenty of people are gonna disregard this thread and this movie because... well because there are no snakes. And nothing blows up.

But.

THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE.

Really funny, really quirky, really heartfelt and endearing. It's a bit far-fetched and out there but if you look past that you'll find some really lovable characters and an great roadtrip adventure with a dysfunctional family.

So yeah, go watch it or something.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-24-2006, 08:07 AM
I first saw the trailer for this when J and I went to an indie-intensive theater to see A Scanner Darkly. I thought it looked great, of course, but given the environs, I figured that it too would be relegated to Select Theaters. So I'm happy that it's Now Playing Everywhere.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-24-2006, 10:58 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0843178167.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
And to think I thought they had gone too far. I usually trust IMDB on these kind of things so I'll wait for it to come on nationwide TV then see it :)

Miriel
08-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Pfft, if any movie deserves to be seen on the big screen, it's Little Miss Sunshine!

Ok. Well that's not remotely true, but still. Everyone should see it in theaters if they have a chance. I mean geez, people are willing to fork over money to see Snakes on a Plane but they can't do the same to support a really great film? *goes stabbity-stab on the American public*

Del Murder
08-25-2006, 02:59 AM
I'm glad I saw this movie instead of pay money to see Sam Jackson utter one line.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-25-2006, 03:02 AM
You're only cheating yourself, man.

XxSephirothxX
08-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Snakes on a Plane was awesome.

Little Miss Sunshine, however, is a fantastic indie comedy with complex, realistic characters with real-life (if a bit out there) problems. Everyone in it is great, especially Alan Arkin, who is, as usual, hilarious. I also loved Paul Dano, who I recognized from The Girl Next Door. His role as the son vowed to silence is an exaggerated, but fairly accurate, portrayal of an angsty-teenager with more going on under the surface than you'd at first expect. All in all, it was probably the best movie I've seen this year.

farplaner
08-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Pfft, if any movie deserves to be seen on the big screen, it's Little Miss Sunshine!

Ok. Well that's not remotely true, but still. Everyone should see it in theaters if they have a chance. I mean geez, people are willing to fork over money to see Snakes on a Plane but they can't do the same to support a really great film? *goes stabbity-stab on the American public*

*is exempt from this statement. I forked over not a single cent to see Sam make the seals bark. Be a little discerning with all of that stabbity-stab. :tongue: :D On the other hand, I haven't actaully gone to the theatre in quite some time, but I will most likely look for LMS on DVD when it's made available.

Shiny
08-25-2006, 09:44 PM
I want to see this movie so bad. I really like Steve Carell and Toni Collette.

Necronopticous
08-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I saw Little Miss Sunshine with a few friends last night. Fantastic, fantastic. One of the best acted movies I've seen in a long time.

Rye
08-25-2006, 10:43 PM
I want to see this so much, Steve Carell is hilarious. :)

eestlinc
09-06-2006, 09:41 AM
I laughed out loud through most of this movie. it was really good. I epecially liked the cameo of the bitchy lady who runs the pageant. isn't she the same actress who played the psycho health teacher in Donnie Darko?

Brian The Pink Shark
09-06-2006, 04:34 PM
ive nto seen it yet but i really want to :D , and dont disrespect Snakes on A Plane, it's the greatest filem ever :p :rolleyes2 :choc:

StarlightAngel
09-06-2006, 04:39 PM
My mom took me to see it XP *never watches TV and thus knows little about newest movies and such* I loved the characters. T'was quite funny :D

Miriel
09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I laughed out loud through most of this movie. it was really good. I epecially liked the cameo of the bitchy lady who runs the pageant. isn't she the same actress who played the psycho health teacher in Donnie Darko?

Chloe from 24 had a "cameo" too. It was funny seeing her in that enviornment cause she acted exactly like her character from 24. :p

Xander
09-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I really want to see this film, cute camper van!! :D