PDA

View Full Version : Y.L. or N.Y.? (Mascot)

01 Rin
08-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah, so I started a New Game Plus. In my first game, I obtained a Key to Success accessory so I could not get Episode Complete! in Macalania, Guadosalam, and Mt. Gagazet.
Now, I chose Youth League last game and got as much competion percentage as I could even with Key to Success. Is it possible to get Episode Complete! in Mushroom Rock Road if I choose New Yevon?

The main reason Why I Ask is because I could not get Mascot dressphere in first game. If I cannot get Episode Complete! in Mushroom Rock Road, then I cannot get Mascot.
So, I can get Episode Complete! in every place if I choose New Yevon? Or do I have to choose Youth League again to get Mascot dressphere?

Laugh at face of Danger
08-24-2006, 08:03 PM
You can do it both ways, you just have different mission endings

kain_ex
08-25-2006, 02:10 AM
You can do it both ways, you just have different mission endings

What he said. Though, if you choose New Yevon, it'll be easier to get an Episode Complete in the Rock Road than choosing the Youth League. You see, that whole tournament thing takes much more time from you than simply crossing the road (what you have to do if you choose New Yevon).

01 Rin
08-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Cool, so I can get the Mascot dressphere even if I choose New Yevon.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks!

Renmiri
08-25-2006, 04:43 PM
The game actually has 105 completion points. By chosing New Yevon now, after chosing YL on your previous game you get 5 % more right of the bat :)

Hope that is all you need for the 100%.

01 Rin
08-26-2006, 02:46 PM
The game actually has 105 completion points. By chosing New Yevon now, after chosing YL on your previous game you get 5 % more right of the bat :)

Hope that is all you need for the 100%.:eek: what do you mean? how is that possible? what is needed to be done for the "extra 5%?"

i chose YL in the first game and i will choose NY in New Game+ (i'm about to go to last place in chapter 1). so is it automatically added by the end of the New Game Plus? Or do I have to perform a special task?

[i really do not want to try to fight Trema again.... he destroyed YRP in under 5 minutes every time i tried.....]

kain_ex
08-26-2006, 11:30 PM

Hope that is all you need for the 100%.:eek: what do you mean? how is that possible? what is needed to be done for the "extra 5%?"

i chose YL in the first game and i will choose NY in New Game+ (i'm about to go to last place in chapter 1). so is it automatically added by the end of the New Game Plus? Or do I have to perform a special task?

[i really do not want to try to fight Trema again.... he destroyed YRP in under 5 minutes every time i tried.....]

It's 5% extra percentage, but you can't get 101%... it's like a way to make your life easier.

01 Rin
08-27-2006, 12:18 AM
i think i understand now. today i saved my game after mushroom rock road in chapter 2. then the completion percentage went from 97% to 98%! you get extra scenes, thus extra percentage.
hopefully, i'll get 100% before the end of chapter 5.

does this mean that i can view the perfect ending?! without trying to defeat stupid mega-strong-and-fast Trema? that would be lovely.
(i already saw the perfect ending online, but it'd be nice if there were no pauses every so often)

Devil Shroom
08-27-2006, 12:45 PM
i think i understand now. today i saved my game after mushroom rock road in chapter 2. then the completion percentage went from 97% to 98%! you get extra scenes, thus extra percentage.

does this mean that i can view the perfect ending?! without trying to defeat stupid mega-strong-and-fast Trema? that would be lovely.
(i already saw the perfect ending online, but it'd be nice if there were no pauses every so often)

You don't have to beat Trema to get 100% anyway if I remember likely.

01 Rin
08-27-2006, 08:44 PM

You don't have to beat Trema to get 100% anyway if I remember likely.i hope your're right. i want to get Mascot dressphere in this game as well.. i hope i can get it this time.

Devil Shroom
08-27-2006, 10:49 PM

You don't have to beat Trema to get 100% anyway if I remember likely.i hope your're right. i want to get Mascot dressphere in this game as well.. i hope i can get it this time.

You don't have to get 100% to get the Mascot dressphere either. Although that is how it usually turns out. You just need to get an episode complete in ever location (including the Gullwing ship I think).

01 Rin
09-14-2006, 10:41 PM
i failed to get the mascot dressphere again. i did not bother to watch the commspheres in chapter 4 because it was my second game playing. and as a result, i could not get an Episode Complete! in Besaid, Kilika, and Mi'ihen Highroad.
oh well, maybe next time i get bored i'll pick up FFX-2 for another round or 2.

Renmiri
09-15-2006, 12:42 AM
Awww!

Aye, chapter 4 is a pain but... Without it no Mascot.