PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Hockey 2006-07

Strider
08-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, so maybe fantasy hockey is one of the fringe fantasy sports, but I like it enough to create another EoFF League! It was pretty competitive last year, even if it was kinda small, and I expect it would be more of the same if everyone returns and then some.

If you want to join, check out Yahoo's fantasy hockey section (http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey), click on Get A Team or whatever it says, and then Join Custom League. The info:

League ID = 8301
Password = ovechkin

Anyone is welcome to sign up, so go for it.

BizarroSephiroth
08-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Man i love hockey. I play myself actually, in real life. But i don't have a fantasy account :cry:

Strider
08-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh, actually, all you need is your Yahoo screen name if you've got one. Just log-in if you need to and then click on the link. :D

BizarroSephiroth
08-24-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't have a Yahoo screename, but as long as its free, I'll make one.

Strider
08-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, it's free, so there's nothing to worry about there.

BizarroSephiroth
08-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Oh good, i'll make one :D

crazybayman
08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm there, dude. :p

Man i love hockey. I play myself actually, in real life.
Same here. I even played this summer.

But i don't have a fantasy account :cry
Just go to yahoo, and create one. It only takes a second. You'll get another email account. yay.

Last season's was great. Good and competitive. So are we going with head to head again, or rotisserie?

BizarroSephiroth
08-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Dammit, i won't be able to:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have school and a vacation then, but maybe another time.

White Raven
08-24-2006, 09:05 PM
*signs up*

I love fantasy teams and when it comes to hockey ones I especially excel :D

I just have a few questions...how many people are you allowing? What type of draft? Going into the playoffs or just regular season?

:)

eestlinc
08-24-2006, 11:03 PM
i kinda suck at fantasy hockey.

Del Murder
08-25-2006, 02:15 AM
crazybay is good. I'd love to try and beat him this time. I came close last year but faltered in the playoffs.

Still not quite sure who is good in hockey but I have a better idea than before.

And what the hell? Isn't it summer still?

crazybayman
08-25-2006, 12:19 PM
crazybay is good. I'd love to try and beat him this time. I came close last year but faltered in the playoffs.

Still not quite sure who is good in hockey but I have a better idea than before.

And what the hell? Isn't it summer still?
I have hereby been challenged by the honourable Del Murder. I accept your challenge, good sir :spin:

Training camp starts very soon, and preseason starts next month. Regular season starts Oct 4. It actually gives me something to look forward to when summer is over!

Hurrah!

The Captain
08-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Fantasy Hockey, something else to focus my attention on.

I'll join.

Take care all.

Storm
09-12-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm in. Just remind me of when the draft is to take place.

Doomie
09-14-2006, 11:17 PM
I was borderline playoffs last year. I'm so in.

eestlinc
09-15-2006, 03:37 AM
I walked right by the Hockey Hall of Fame three times in the last week while I was in toronto.

White Raven
09-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Just thought I'd post before I head down to downtown Toronto for the Jays game. Good luck to all on the auto draft. :)

Strider
09-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Spuuky is gonna sign up tomorrow. And if no one checked the league, I'll mention it here: I'm going to go ahead and change it to an automated draft since it looks like no one will be there for the live draft, anyway. xD Once we get our tenth man, I'll put the ball in motion... er, the puck.

eestlinc
09-24-2006, 07:50 AM
I think I'm going to sit this one out since I don't really need another distraction from school right now.

JunotDe
09-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Montreal Candadiens.

White Raven
09-28-2006, 12:57 PM
How did everyone like their teams that they got via the auto-draft?

I preranked around 50 players so there were little surprises in mine, and right when I knew it, I did some waiver moves to make it a bit more to my liking. And usually it's a bad idea for fantasy pools to pick a lot of players from your favourite team, but I did, and I don't think that it'll hurt me that bad.

Can anyone guess who my fav team is :p

Doomie
09-28-2006, 01:12 PM
In my other pool, I have the top line of the Edmonton Oilers.

White Raven
10-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Who is this Storm fellow in the pool?

Cause someone needs to kick him square in the nuts for not doing anything since the draft. :mad2:

Del Murder
10-14-2006, 05:45 PM
Don't know who it is. It happens. Honestly, having only one team out of ten stop paying attention is a pretty good ratio.

Strider
10-14-2006, 07:10 PM
I would assume it's... um, Storm.

White Raven
10-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Don't know who it is. It happens. Honestly, having only one team out of ten stop paying attention is a pretty good ratio.

Hahahaha, quite rightly.

The Captain
10-25-2006, 03:23 AM
I'm happy on the return I'm getting from several players already, especially Gionta and the Atlanta goalie, but I still need more production out of my defense, like many teams in the NHL need as well.

Still, I can't complain thus far.

Take care all.

crazybayman
10-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I just worked a pretty good deal in my other fantasy league.

I traded Elias and Luongo, and in return I got Crosby and Huet. :cool:

White Raven
10-26-2006, 05:06 PM

Hm, Elias who could play 2 positions and will probably lead NJ with points and Vancouvers absolute starting goalie, for one high point getter and one of Montreals 2 starting goalies. Personally, I wouldn't have done the deal, and I especially wouldn't have done it cause I dislike Crosby. :P

crazybayman
10-26-2006, 08:31 PM

Hm, Elias who could play 2 positions and will probably lead NJ with points and Vancouvers absolute starting goalie, for one high point getter and one of Montreals 2 starting goalies. Personally, I wouldn't have done the deal, and I especially wouldn't have done it cause I dislike Crosby. :P
Disliking a player is absolutely irrelevant in fantasy hockey, or any fantasy league for that matter. I absolutely loathe the flyers, yet I have Forsberg and Knuble on my team in that same league.

In this other league, faceoffs won (FW) is a stat, which Crosby is doing great in, while Elias don't usually take faceoffs, even though he is a centre. Huet will start the majority of games, the Canadiens are off to a good start, and Elias is doing crap so far, while Crosby has 12 or 13 points, and will score over 100 without a doubt (pending no injury).

And the bottom line is, I needed scoring in the other league, while I had a plethora of goalies. I still have Huet, Ward, Raycroft, and Theodore, so Luonge was expendable, especially because it meant boosting my scoring, +/-, FW, etc.

Del Murder
10-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Disliking a player is a very valid reason not to have him on your fantasy team. The point is to have fun, and it is much more fun to root for your favorite players than guys you dislike. That's why I will never have any members of the Los Angeles Lakers on my teams.

crazybayman
10-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Disliking a player is a very valid reason not to have him on your fantasy team. The point is to have fun, and it is much more fun to root for your favorite players than guys you dislike. That's why I will never have any members of the Los Angeles Lakers on my teams.
Your loss. :p

Del Murder
10-27-2006, 07:08 PM
I seem to have little trouble winning with the players I allow myself to have.

crazybayman
10-29-2006, 12:34 PM
I seem to have little trouble winning with the players I allow myself to have.
Be that as it may, but imagine how much more/easier you'd win if you didn't let player bias' get in your way, and took the absolute best you could, instead of weeding out the odd superstar because you didn't like them, or because they were on your favorite team's archrival.

I dislike the Lakers too, but if I were going into a basketball fantasy league, I wouldn't remove Kobe Bryant from my player rankings, or rank him lower, just because he's a jacka$$, or because he plays on the Lakers.

Oh well, to each their own, I s'pose.

The Captain
11-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Boy, though that site that White Raven posted has helped with my goalie problems as far as knowing when they'll play, it still doesn't help me when they play POORLY.

Take care all.

White Raven
11-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Yeah, no problem The Captain, whatever I can do to help make the league more competitive and thus fun.

And I hear ya, I got Fleury and Khabibulin for 2 of my goalies and they aren't the very best all the time, but at least I know that they are the best on their teams and that they'll usually start.

My last goalie, Johan Holmqvist, was only supposed to be a backup this year to Tampa Bay's newly acquired Marc Denis. But instead Holmqvist has won 6 of 7 and Denis has lost 5 in a row. Yet another goalie controversy in my Tampa Bay, but at least it is not as bad as the Graham/Burke one of last year. :rolleyes2

:)

crazybayman
11-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Boy, though that site that White Raven posted has helped with my goalie problems as far as knowing when they'll play, it still doesn't help me when they play POORLY.

Take care all.
Linkage, please. :)

I find TSN.ca good, but it usually only focuses on Canadian teams.

And because of that I started Cam Ward, even though John Grahame wound up getting the start. :mad:

The Captain
11-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Here you go:

http://www.goaliepost.com/

Take care all.

crazybayman
11-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Here you go:

http://www.goaliepost.com/

Take care all.
Merci.

White Raven
12-12-2006, 05:00 AM
Who is everyone's biggest disappointment for the current NHL year?

Mine has to be Redden, although most of his downfall has been due to injuries, he's been a huge let down and as of late I've gambled and dropped him. :rolleyes2

crazybayman
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I'd have to say Patrick Elias for me. Although he's picked it up as of late, he was sucking it up pretty hard until near the end of November.

The Captain
12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Of late, my goalies, but that's still par for the course.

Also, Chara who has not played like he did in Ottawa. Though I have been really happy with the production out of my forwards, especially Marty Straka of all players!

Take care all.

crazybayman
01-25-2007, 04:07 PM
A little off the topic of our fantasy league, but concerns hockey, nevertheless.

Ilya Bryzgalov's thoughts on why Chris Pronger REALLY left Stanly Cup Finalist Edmonton Oilers for Anaheim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ns14hRqwY8

"IT IS JUST GAME!!"
"HE IS A GOOD GUY!!
"IT IS MINUS 'TIRTY-TWO! CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?"
:p

Strider
01-25-2007, 05:53 PM
Man, this makes me sad... I lost control of that screen name about two months ago. Am I in last place yet?

Del Murder
01-26-2007, 02:12 AM
.495 winning percentage, which is good enough for 6th place and a playoff spot in this wacky setup.

crazybayman
02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
WTF? Ryan Smythe is a FA?

*yoink*

Del Murder
02-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Who the heck is that?

EDIT: Hmm, good stats, but I was already overloaded at LW.

crazybayman
02-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Who the heck is that?

EDIT: Hmm, good stats, but I was already overloaded at LW.

Who's Ryan Smyth?

Only the best "font of the net" man in the NHL....and the world. The Heart and Soul of the Oilers, a Western Conference All Star, blah blah blah.....

But yeah, he's one of the top Left Wingers in the game. Yeah, your loaded at LW, however, (and for instance), swapping Kunitz for Smyth would have been a tremendous upgrade. Smyth was injured for a while, and missed some action, hence his lower than normal ranking.

Smyth - 43 pts in 41 games
Kunitz - 41 pts in 51 games

Not trying to rag on your player, just explaining how Ryan Smyth is one of the top LWs in the game. And he was an FA. Actually, if I were more observant, I would have picked him up much sooner.

Del Murder
04-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Congratulations to the winner of Fantasy Hockey, and all the rest of you.