PDA

View Full Version : Junior high is starting to end!

Dixie
08-24-2006, 10:26 PM
I had my first day of 8th grade today. My last year at junior high school. This is the beginning of the end. So far, it looks good. Tell me - how was junior high for you? Were you a good or a bad student?

EDIT: Crap, I forgot about the other people who still are in junior high. Um, if you're still in junior high, how is it?

daggertrepe
08-24-2006, 10:27 PM
I had my first day of 8th grade today. My last year at junior high school. This is the beginning of the end. So far, it looks good. Tell me - how was junior high for you? Were you a good or a bad student?

I'm going into 8th grade in 4 days. What's it like soo far? :)

Shoeberto
08-24-2006, 10:29 PM
I hated it when I was there, but looking back, I can see how very stereotypical I and everyone else was there. I suppose it serves as a good place to look back upon and think, "Man, was I really like that?" when you get older.

Dixie
08-24-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm going into 8th grade in 4 days. What's it like soo far? :)Scary! You're at the top of the school, and you know you're going to graduate this year. But at the same time, it's exciting. ^_^

Jebus
08-24-2006, 10:36 PM
I barely even remember high school.

I think stuff happened, and I reacted to it. Or something.

Wait, oh yeah. I got diagnosed with clinical depression and a hyperactive brain during middle school and went on meds for a few years.

Tasura
08-24-2006, 10:38 PM
It seems like so many years ago now, oh wait, it was. It was umm, interesting, I guess, my brain cant really tell the difference ebtween grades now.

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
As horrible as 7th grade was, 8th was pretty good! My friends and I skipped in the hallways singing "We're off to see the Wizard" and we had like, 3 bomb threats in one day!! We missed so much school with all the bomb threats. I mean, you write "Our skool sux" on the bathroom stall and they think you have explosives planted somewhere.
I was a so-so student, unless you mean conduct??
Conduct wise I was good. I was never sent to the office EVER until just last year when I wasn't wearing an ID.

After middle school I moved to a new district, so my friends are someplace else :(

XxSephirothxX
08-24-2006, 10:42 PM
8th grade was probably the most fun year of school I ever had, despite the fact I despised two of my teachers. Just goes to show how much a really tight-knit group of friends can make anything fun.

Miriel
08-24-2006, 10:43 PM
I loved Middle School.

Good times!

I was very happy and carefree in Middle School. So little to worry about. And I had great friends and was involved in a bunch of activities. Plus, the 8th grade trip to the East Coast was super fun.

Marluxiaswife
08-24-2006, 10:50 PM
7th Grade Sucked so did 8th
mostly cause Don Juilo sucks

daggertrepe
08-24-2006, 10:53 PM
7th grade sucked. But I have a feeling 8th grade will be better just because we won't be picked on so much. :p

As horrible as 7th grade was, 8th was pretty good! My friends and I skipped in the hallways singing "We're off to see the Wizard" and we had like, 3 bomb threats in one day!! We missed so much school with all the bomb threats. I mean, you write "Our skool sux" on the bathroom stall and they think you have explosives planted somewhere.
Conduct wise I was good. I was never sent to the office EVER until just last year when I wasn't wearing an ID.

After middle school I moved to a new district, so my friends are someplace else :(

whoa! Where did you go to school? :confused: was it catholic?

rubah
08-24-2006, 10:54 PM
We didn't have junior high back in my day.

But as far as middle school went, fifth grade was dumb, sixth grade was dumber, seventh grade wasn't too bad, and eighth grade was amazing (mostly because of being in high school band)

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2006, 11:01 PM
7th grade sucked. But I have a feeling 8th grade will be better just because we won't be picked on so much. :p

whoa! Where did you go to school? :confused: was it catholic?

No. As a matter of fact it was the most horrible school I ever went to and I particularly hated my first period teacher.
Some school in Corpus Christi. CCISD is a bad place to go :P

Hambone
08-24-2006, 11:47 PM
I just started 7th grade. It sucks soooooo badly. It's not as bad as sixth grade though. I hate middle school. No, wait. I hate school period. 8 hours out of my day for stuff that's useless for my permanent career choice (cello). I could be using that time to practice. hmph.

Rye
08-25-2006, 12:01 AM
I didn't really like most of Middle School, but 8th grade was pretty wonderful for me. :) It feels so long ago though! My main problem in Middle School were the kids, because Middle School kids are just really mean in general, but even that wasn't all that bad. Now I'm going into my junior year of High School (11th grade~) and my little brother is going to be a wee little freshman. :jess:

Tavrobel
08-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Ohh, I remember eighth grade.

On second thought, I'd rather not remember it.

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Yes. I hated middle school kids when I was in middle school. I hated them in elementry. I hate them now.
(middle school kids in general. not specific people)

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-25-2006, 12:16 AM
I start 8th grade in about 2 weeks. >.< But I really hate Middle School mostly cause all of the bullying and all the looks you get in the hallways. Also how everyone sees every single one of your flaws. It kind of makes me nervous. But I have learned not to care so much so I think I will be ready.

StarChild
I walked into Jr. High and said "these will be the worst 3 years of my life." and they were.

Faris
Not much different from Elementary, mainly because I was around the same people. High School is the best though.

I Am Stoner
08-25-2006, 12:20 AM
I didn't have junior high, but I had secondry school. I was sooooo naughty. But now I realise that it wasn't a good idea. Although I bed the teachers loved it when I said "Ooooh miss, i've been a nughty boy, go on, spank me, spank me good." Sorry, memories coming back to..... "haunt" me. lol.;)

Zeldy
08-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Whats Junior high in English schooling?

Im in my 5th out of 6th year at High school. Im now part of the "higher school", and get to wear black skirts etc instead of grey :excited:

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Whats Junior high in English schooling?

I would say 6th-8th grade. I forget...

Rye
08-25-2006, 12:31 AM
For my district, it's 6th grade until 8th grade, which is about ages 11/12-13/14. I think it's 7th year to 9th year for you guys.

Venom
08-25-2006, 12:32 AM
School sucks all together.

feona17
08-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Junior high, or middle school as I called it, was actually pretty good for me. First crushes, first fooling arounds :exdee:, and meeting people who I still go to school with now in highschool and have rad house parties with. Middle school was where I began to really mature, and met some of my best friends and teachers. Have fun this year before you get locked up in hell (highschool).

Meat Puppet
08-25-2006, 12:50 AM
I think we called that Intermediate School. It was only 2 years. To me it seemed like that was when boys and girls really started to get into each other. That and cutting up rats.

Skogs
08-25-2006, 01:37 AM
I skipped eighth grade... :shifty:

Fonzie
08-25-2006, 01:47 AM
I'm a Freshman at highschool. Crazyness :rolleyes2

KentaRawr!
08-25-2006, 01:55 AM
I started 8th grade recently, too. And it's my first time being in a public school EVER. O_o

I'm so glad tomorrow is friday.

Christmas
08-25-2006, 01:58 AM
I just started studying in Balamb Gardern recently and we have a lot of fun pushing people overboard feeding them to the sharks. :bigsmile:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-25-2006, 02:01 AM
i love 8th grade

Sylvie
08-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Junior High is stressful sometimes. I'm going into 8th grade, and everyone says its a fun and easy year at my school.

Medi
08-25-2006, 02:08 AM
I just came out of junior high in June. It was such a fun and exciting year for me. I hope that you enjoy it, too. Yeah, 8th grade was the best...

I Am Stoner
08-25-2006, 02:09 AM
I skipped eighth grade... :shifty:

This is one of the best posts I have read. LEGEND!!!:D

ama124
08-25-2006, 02:45 AM
middle school was hell for me. mostly 8th grade. 7th wasn't too bad.

I had a really tough time. People were jerks to me and it just wasn't fun. I also was going through a pretty tough thing during middle school at home so it wasn't too pleasent.

but high school so far is great. which is good :)

StarlightAngel
08-25-2006, 02:58 AM
8th grade... That was last year for me XD Man, that was fun. Our homeroom teacher was awesome, even if our Language Arts and Math teachers sucked XP

And then there was the whole Limo Bus thing when we all graduated.... that rocked so bloody hard. Too bad we couldn't get the TVs working...

Shadow8017
08-25-2006, 03:34 AM
I mostly remember me and a select group of people that I'm still friends with to this day being hell-raisers in junior high. and I dont regret a single bit of it =p basically from then on after society has you by the balls to where any foul play has serious consequences so enjoy it while it lasts.

Ryth
08-25-2006, 03:51 AM
I've hated school in general, it's always been a hellish place for me, always due to people, since I enjoy learning. I'm going into the 8th grade and I have gut feeling it's going to be a horrible, horrible, year. I hated the sixth grade and I hated the seventh grade especially, my school is full of stereotypes, undiscipline, and plain out stupidity, I can't stand this school. It's a place for me to survive and learn the information I have to learn, just have to ignore the annoyances I suffer ("YO I RACE YOU TO DA LUNCH ROOM", *kid gets trambled over* "HAHA LITTLE *obscenity*, "G-UNIT BOI!!", "*teacher name* is a *obscenity*", and the graffitti is predictably juvenile etc.), makes learning a hard, hard, thing to do when the teacher can't teach because of yelling students that won't ever be quiet no matter what the threat. So far time has proven, in middle school, things seem to get slowly worse every grade, so I have little hope for grade eight. Whatever happens, will happen and I'll just deal with it.

Medi
08-25-2006, 03:54 AM
I've hated school in general, it's always been a hellish place for me, always due to people, since I enjoy learning. I'm going into the 8th grade and I have gut feeling it's going to be a horrible, horrible, year. I hated the sixth grade and I hated the seventh grade especially, my school is full of stereotypes, undiscipline, and plain out stupidity, I can't stand this school. It's a place for me to survive and learn the information I have to learn, just have to ignore the annoyances I suffer ("YO I RACE YOU TO DA LUNCH ROOM", *kid gets trambled over* "HAHA LITTLE *obscenity*, "G-UNIT BOI!!", "*teacher name* is a *obscenity*", and the graffitti is predictably juvenile etc.), makes learning a hard, hard, thing to do when the teacher can't teach because of yelling students that won't ever be quiet no matter what the threat. So far time has proven, in middle school, things seem to get slowly worse every grade, so I have little hope for grade eight. Whatever happens, will happen and I'll just deal with it.

That sounds terrible. I really like my school, there are only a few of those immature dumbasses...

Sylvie
08-25-2006, 04:00 AM

Sounds A LOT like my school.

Evastio
08-25-2006, 04:01 AM
I somewhat remember grade 8.

I followed the wrong schedule on the first day of grade 8. :rolleyes2

Medi
08-25-2006, 04:02 AM
I somewhat remember grade 8.

I followed the wrong schedule on the first day of grade 8. :rolleyes2

I did that on my first day of the 7th grade. I confused my 1st and 2nd classes. It was so embarrasing. xD

kawakami Gensai
08-25-2006, 04:03 AM
Middle school in general is kinda crappy b/c its just an awkward time. However Highsschool is when you start to really get some independence (i.e drivers license,turning 18, becoming addicted to the lotto). Maybe its just me, but what fun stuff comes out of middleschool.

Ryth
08-25-2006, 04:17 AM

That sounds terrible. I really like my school, there are only a few of those immature dumbasses...

I try not to complain about it often, because it can make me sound like a snot, but it is terrible, the place is infested with stereotypes (namely of the "poser" and "wigger" breeds of ignorance), and holy crap, they cannot spell, my brother can spell better than my classmates, they spell "you" as "u" for cripe's sake. Listening to them talk about anything is cringe inducing, since they have such an immature, rambunctious approach to every situation regardless of it's seriousness.

Medi
08-25-2006, 04:43 AM

I try not to complain about it often, because it can make me sound like a snot, but it is terrible, the place is infested with stereotypes (namely of the "poser" and "wigger" breeds of ignorance), and holy crap, they cannot spell, my brother can spell better than my classmates, they spell "you" as "u" for cripe's sake. Listening to them talk about anything is cringe inducing, since they have such an immature, rambunctious approach to every situation regardless of it's seriousness.

I don't blame you. I've never been able to put up with stereotypes, and I don't know if I could go to school if it were like that. Those people you go to school with seriously need to learn how to grow up. :mad:

Divexel
08-25-2006, 04:47 AM
I'm entering my last year of Eighth Grade this year too. It hasn't started yet, so I'm really nervous. Abotu nothing that will actually happen.

I hope.

Yamaneko
08-25-2006, 04:53 AM
Don't worry, you still have to get through four years of high school and another four years of college, at least. There's plenty of time to curse the education system during those late-night procrastination marathons.

Moon Rabbits
08-25-2006, 05:02 AM
I homeschooled (see: used the computer all day) for Junior High. Good times. Then I discovered a social life and drugs in highschool. Better times.

Araciel
08-25-2006, 05:06 AM
heh junior high...we don't have that...from 8th grade to highschool...plus we don't use the terms 'fresh man' or 'soft more' heheh

JaytodaP
08-25-2006, 05:26 AM
I go back in three days... ugh. Its run by a bunch of nazis. You cant even where the Patriot's opposing teams jersey on their spirit day without getting a detention. Ive hated my first two years, and im gonna hate High-School next year.

sounds like you go to my school, except my teacher's and Higher-ups go on power trips. In my agenda book last year the first ammendment was left out of the list.

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2006, 10:59 PM
The kids at my middle school drove a teacher mentally insane :P
Ironically his name was Mr. Loony

Zeldy
08-25-2006, 11:02 PM

That sounds exactly like my school xD But I find it gets better ever year, it annoys me when people dont be quiet in lessons, is it SO hard?

Ryth
08-25-2006, 11:36 PM

That sounds exactly like my school xD But I find it gets better ever year, it annoys me when people dont be quiet in lessons, is it SO hard?

Yeah, it is hard, they don't quiet down, so the teacher either doesn't talk or can't be heard, so it's an impossibility to hear what he or she is trying to teach and they throw stuff around a lot, so the teacher is distracted by that too. It's, it's well, sickening.

KentaRawr!
08-25-2006, 11:40 PM
I go back in three days... ugh. Its run by a bunch of nazis. You cant even where the Patriot's opposing teams jersey on their spirit day without getting a detention. Ive hated my first two years, and im gonna hate High-School next year.

sounds like you go to my Northmont, except my teacher's and Higher-ups go on power trips. In my agenda book last year the first ammendment was left out of the list.

Fix'd!