PDA

View Full Version : Green Street/The Football Factory.

licence
08-24-2006, 11:38 PM
In my opinion they are both good films, Green Street with a good enough story for a football violence film. Football Factory on the other hand gives an insight into the drugs and other sides of the violence, pretty much the life of a hooligan.

So just wondering which is your favourite out of these 2? I need to opt for The Football Factory, mainly down to it being more realistic in the fight scenes, although not completely truthful as to what really goes on and of it being from the POV of a Chelsea Headhunter.

What are your thoughts?

I Am Stoner
08-24-2006, 11:56 PM
YEAH!! Strange I was just going to make a thread on this.

I thought football factory rocked, I havent seen Green Street.

licence
08-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Green Street is good. I just don't like it as much.

~SapphireStar~
08-25-2006, 06:08 PM
I only watched a bit of Green Street and my brother and ex both love Football Factory. Im not really a big football fighting fan.

licence
08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
I like the films because I've seen a lot of fights outside games that I go to between rival fans. I don't know its just a thing that interests me.

Resha
08-25-2006, 08:06 PM
I watched Green Street. I thought it was pretty damn awesome, not just because the Chelsea hooligans got trashed -- but Elijah Wood and his eyes. :D I haven't watched The Football Factory yet, but I'll be forced to, eventually.

licence
08-26-2006, 11:30 PM
Chelsea aren't in Green Street.

Doesn't anyone else think Elijah Wood doesn't have the look for that role? I couldn't take him seriously as a thug.

Resha
08-27-2006, 06:14 PM
I think there was distinctly one bit where their hooligans got trashed. It was Elijah's first fight. I'm not sure if it was them, though.

licence
08-27-2006, 06:20 PM
That was Birmingham. I think...

Resha
08-27-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure either, to be honest. :( I must watch the movie again and will do. I agree that maybe Elijah Wood looks too nice and innocent (lack of better word?) for the role of a thug, but then again, it's quite fun to see him (supposedly) getting corrupted.

Croyles
09-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Green Street was good, i was just worried about the guys who were behind me in the cinema. They were seriously having some sadistic fun, :gruesome:

chrisfffan
09-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Licence you said (I like the films because I've seen a lot of fights outside games that I go to between rival fans. I don't know its just a thing that interests me.) Where do the fights go on then? Is it a local team or a professional team I haven’t seen many scraps at football matches most of it happens far away from the grounds their not that stupid to do it right there where the police are.

The Firm is the most realistic football hooligan film its about the Inter City Crew (West Ham Fans) they are just normal guys with normal jobs that like their taste of violence you should watch it!

The Football Factory was good but I didn’t think it was very realistic they were F this and F that their not all junkies either

Green Street was good but too many chavs (idiots) in it

licence
09-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Licence you said (I like the films because I've seen a lot of fights outside games that I go to between rival fans. I don't know its just a thing that interests me.) Where do the fights go on then? Is it a local team or a professional team I haven’t seen many scraps at football matches most of it happens far away from the grounds their not that stupid to do it right there where the police are.

Well, I've seen not firm fights mind you, but before games at Tynecastle the home and away fans aren't segregated that well and down McLeod Street, there is a lot of home and away fans. So on matches like Hibs/Hearts or Celtic/Hearts, little fights break out here and there.

chrisfffan
09-07-2006, 09:37 PM
yea little fights always happen theirs nothing that can be done about it I imagine Rangers V Celtic is a lively one!

licence
09-07-2006, 10:42 PM
I've never been to one. But yeah, I would think it would be.