PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite GBA RPG?

Crossblades
08-25-2006, 12:28 AM
What's your favorite GBA RPG? I have plenty of favorites like Golden Sun 1 and 2, Fire Emblem, Breath of Fire II, Tales of Phantasia, FF I and II DoS, FF IV Advance, Tactics Advance, etc. But if I had to pick one, it'll be Final Fantasy IV Advance:D

JKTrix
08-25-2006, 12:47 AM
I gotta say, Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis. Golden Sun series was awesome and my solid 2nd choice, but Tactics Ogre really moved me. The game itself was way better than Final Fantasy Tactics, even though I played FFTA a lot more (darn side missions!)

Jowy
08-25-2006, 12:50 AM
Mother 3. <3

Saku
08-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Fire Emblem was my favourite GBA RPG.... I just missed not having the additions the Japanese version had because Rekka no Ken wasn't brought over to English... *sigh*

But that aside, I'm a HUGE fan of the Fire Emblem series, so I was just happy not to need translations for it anymore.

FFTA was... dull... especially after beating the original tactics. I did beat it though... very...very... quickly...

Spatvark
08-25-2006, 02:58 AM
I quite liked Summon Night: Swordcraft Story, as short as it was. I've got big hopes for the sequel when it hits the US in October... though it'll be two years old by then!

Zeromus_X
08-25-2006, 03:01 AM
Too bad Mother 3 isn't going to be localized, I would've said that had I played it...

Both Golden Suns, Tactics Advance, and of course the GBA ports for Final Fantasy. The ToP port was nice, but they could've done a better job on it. At least we'll get a PSP port later on...

kawakami Gensai
08-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Multiplayer on tactics Advance had my neighborhood hooked.

Del Murder
08-25-2006, 03:22 AM
I picked Mario & Luigi, just because Nintendo really knows how to make games different and fun. Tactics Advance and Golden Sun II are good too.

cloudff7tm
08-25-2006, 03:24 AM
Fire Emblem had me so addicted i just love that game.:love:

Markus. D
08-25-2006, 04:12 AM
Pokemon Sapphire!

>->... Final Fantasy Legends 2 D:

ValkyrieWing
08-25-2006, 05:32 AM
Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, Golden Sun, Golden Sun Lost Age, Dawn of Souls, Tales of Phantasia, there's just too many!

but I had to pick Fire emblem. ^__^

Nominus Experse
08-25-2006, 06:25 AM
Golden Sun (both games really, though I enjoyed the vaster size of II more) will always be a wonderful game in my eyes.

However, if we were to base my favorite completely on time poured directly into a game, well, due to 550+ hours spent on Final Fantasy Tactics, I would have to say that one.

Sephiroths Clone
08-25-2006, 06:34 AM
Fire Emblem was good, so was dawn of souls and IV, but in the end i chose FFTA, that game was just soo goood.

ValkyrieWing
08-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Golden Sun (both games really, though I enjoyed the vaster size of II more) will always be a wonderful game in my eyes.

However, if we were to base my favorite completely on time poured directly into a game, well, due to 550+ hours spent on Final Fantasy Tactics, I would have to say that one.

WOW, that much time??

I loved Golden Sun...I can't find my copy, though. T_T

Araciel
08-25-2006, 07:56 AM
what the heck is GBA?

Malboro_Menace
08-25-2006, 08:17 AM
GameBoy Advance.

Dawn of Souls for me. I can't find /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif here GBA RPG wise. I've looked for Golden Sun and Fire Emblem but can't find them.

Nominus Experse
08-25-2006, 10:05 AM
...550+ hours spent on ...
WOW, that much time??

Yes - it happens when one has severe insomnia. I bought the game when it first came out too, and have played it ever since then, off and on. And frankly, when you are up all night and day over and over again, you log far too much time on ANY game, or ANYthing for that matter.

what the heck is GBA?
You have got to be kidding...
Game Boy Advance

Eureka
08-25-2006, 10:50 AM
moron you didnt post pokemon ruby/sapphire/emerald

fire red and leaf green suck :P lmao

pokemon is the best rpg on gba bar none and if you were to play any of those games listed on gba just think.. you could play their older better versions on their respective consoles :)

Dreddz
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
FFIV advance, nothing can really compare to its brilliance.

JKTrix
08-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Good god, Eureka is such a Troll.

It's a shame no one here has played Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis. It's truly a brilliant game that's deeper than FFTactics Advance in every way... other than the millions of side missions.

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story was recently released for the GBA, I highly reccomend that game as well, as Spatvark mentioned. Sequel coming out in 2 months!

Cruise Control
08-25-2006, 01:03 PM
GS:TLA, So much I'm doing an Isaac, Felix solo challenge.

DK
08-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Pokémon.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Eureka we do not call other members morons on this board. Don't let me see you doing it again.

Eureka
08-25-2006, 07:07 PM
sorry.. but pokemon is like.. why nintendo is still going :P

Tasura
08-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Having played most of those, I'll just say Sword of Mana.

stuffing
08-25-2006, 07:30 PM
How could you forget pokemon? Shame on you

Nominus Experse
08-25-2006, 09:07 PM
pokemon is the best rpg on gba bar none and if you were to play any of those games listed on gba just think.. you could play their older better versions on their respective consoles :)

Where was the original Golden Sun? What of the original Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga? Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is a completely different game than Tactics for the PSX. Unless you are Japanese, you would not have been able to play Fire Emblem in any other country but Japan until three years ago. Those are the ones that I have played and know to be without originals, so there could be more possibly.

And what is all this hype for Pokemon? It's fun, but it hardly has any real deep strategy to it. Play Tactics Ogre or something of that calibur. And what of the plot and story? It's almost non-existant. You are simply put on some random quest to be the best or get these blah blah pokemon over and over again. Now, do not confuse yourself and think that I hate the Pokemon games - quite the contrary as I have almost all of them and enjoyed playing all of them throroughly. My point here is to say that just because it's fun and easy, every single time, does not quite net it being the "greatest" game. It is my view that RPG were meant to be epic, a quest, a story, something grand and intriguing, like a story that you play out, deep and complex. Pokemon is just fun, not deep and akin to that of a novel.

KentaRawr!
08-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Mario and Luigi is the only RPG where I can find myself laughing out loud from pure joy whilst playing. :p

Eureka
08-25-2006, 09:18 PM
lol i dont want a deep and involving story on a handheld console and pokemon has the whole interaction with friends thing going on that's fun :P although i beat my friends every time they still enjoy it :p lol

DanteV9
08-25-2006, 11:49 PM
Ok, I chose GS: TLA. But Fire Emblem is close second. Really close.

Rengori
08-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Mario and Luigi is the only RPG where I can find myself laughing out loud from pure joy whilst playing. :p

Elite Lord Sigma
08-26-2006, 01:47 AM
I would say that Dawn of Souls, FFIVA, Fire Emblem, and FFTA are all really solid.

Fire Emblem has gotten me the most hooked, though, because it's one of the most challenging games I've played in a long time. Trying to get through the game without losing a single unit should take up a lot of a person's time.

ama124
08-26-2006, 03:26 AM
ahhh, golden sun and golden sun the lost age

those were good times. I loved those games. And pokemon, i loved pokemon. When it wasn't on the list i was like :confused: