PDA

View Full Version : stupid obsolete technology!

Jowy
08-25-2006, 01:21 AM
So my VCR just ate my freaking VHS of Office Space. :(

Do you still use any appliances or other such things that have been phased out by more advanced variations. I still make ice cubes in trays because I don't have one of those water/ice dispensers in my refridgerator, and I've got both an electric and analog can opener, but I prefer using the analog. ;)

Rye
08-25-2006, 01:23 AM
I love ice cube trays. We have an electric ice cube dispenser, but it just spills ice everywhere, so the tray is just better. :D

I Took the Red Pill
08-25-2006, 01:25 AM
My printer is an old piece of junk but I still use it.

Tavrobel
08-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Ice Cube Trays, a fifteen year old microwave, a very old VCR, and quite possibly the most obsolete item in my house, a computer with Windows ME edition installed. But I don't use it.

Saku
08-25-2006, 01:47 AM
My office uses Telexes instead of e-mails....
Parts for my car are rare.... even if it is *only*.... ten years old
Does an NES and Game Boy colour count?

lovehurts
08-25-2006, 01:52 AM
Ice Cube Trays, a fifteen year old microwave, a very old VCR, and quite possibly the most obsolete item in my house, a computer with Windows ME edition installed. But I don't use it.

A 15 year old microwave, that sounds safe :p We get a new one about every 4 to 5 years or so....

Tavrobel
08-25-2006, 02:04 AM

A 15 year old microwave, that sounds safe :p We get a new one about every 4 to 5 years or so....

Surprisingly enough, it hasn't killed me yet. If course, I don't touch it without a stick from three feet away.

lovehurts
08-25-2006, 02:08 AM

Surprisingly enough, it hasn't killed me yet. If course, I don't touch it without a stick from three feet away.

:p

Thanks I needed that. You made me chuckle. Ive been attacked alot on here tonight :p

Finally some one who doesn't have the stick up there butt ...but has it three feet away from the microwave and probabally about 4 feet away from there butt....well as long as the stick stays there I say to keep the microwave . Keep it your a better person with it.

When your skin turns green and your hair falls out though I think Id stop trusting the old thing....

Decessus
08-25-2006, 02:13 AM
This body is obsolete and must be destroyed... I WILL BECOME SIN AND RID HUMANITY OF HUMANITY, THE ONLY THING IN HUMANITY'S WAY.

lovehurts
08-25-2006, 02:15 AM
This body is obsolete and must be destroyed... I WILL BECOME SIN AND RID HUMANITY OF HUMANITY, THE ONLY THING IN HUMANITY'S WAY.

Technology is not often associated with organic evolution as being the same thing...interesting....

feona17
08-25-2006, 02:21 AM
The TV in my room is like 15 years old. I hate it.

Decessus
08-25-2006, 02:24 AM

Technology is not often associated with organic evolution as being the same thing...interesting....
Pffft... I'm a bot.

rubah
08-25-2006, 02:28 AM
I feel like I'm a dumb old person who is afraid of technology everytime someone hands me a [moderately] new cell phone.

Decessus
08-25-2006, 02:30 AM
I feel like I'm a dumb old person who is afraid of technology everytime someone hands me a [moderately] new cell phone.
Are you hinting at something?

lovehurts
08-25-2006, 02:33 AM

Well you're only 17. I doubt it's the fact that this technology in a cell phone is beyond your understanding. More likely it's just that you know that the technology in your hands was a generous amount of money and is very important to todays "cell phone prone, addicted society"

When people are dying in car crashs because they couldnt stop themselves from using there cell phones in order to have focus on more important things in there lives. Such as driving safely...you know that we have a problem ....

You know what sits on the throne chair of importance......

Madame Adequate
08-25-2006, 02:35 AM

They're not strictly the same thing, but technology does naturally and logically follow after a sufficient level of biological evolution has been reached (ie opposable thumbs, the capacity to empathise, language skills, all that jazz). In the next few decades, we will be obsolete as biological entities.

Roto13
08-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Until a year ago, my primary computer was one that was running Windows 95.

I Am Stoner
08-25-2006, 02:56 AM
My TV downstairs and my sega master system. Man the first streets of rage on that rocked and also Sonic, legend sonic.

Markus. D
08-25-2006, 03:03 AM
in my room.... hmmm

an internet connection that requires a wire?

cloudff7tm
08-25-2006, 03:12 AM
I have a really old tv and it makes really loud noises like eeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrtttttttt.I hate it. :mad2:

Roto13
08-25-2006, 03:13 AM
I have a TV that's older than I am, but it's unplugged.

lovehurts
08-25-2006, 03:23 AM
I have a TV that's older than I am, but it's unplugged.

That sounds cool . How old is it. I bet it uses tubes?

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2006, 06:51 AM
The TV in my room is a TV/VCR, but the VCR doesn't work so I have an actual VCR on top of it.

Eureka
08-25-2006, 07:52 AM
i have a 28" tv in my living room.. its 10 years old now but my mum knows nothing of technology.. then i go to my dads house and hes got his media center pc hooked up to a 50" plasma.. its not fair.. i only get a 17" on my media center pc lmao

media center ftw :P

bipper
08-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Toilet Paper. I mean, what the fork!?? All this technology and we still have to use wads of paper to... uhm.. yeah.

How much longer must we wait for the three sea shell trick to come out. fuck proctor and gamble.

I also have a 133 mhz pentium pro. It runs a slack linux only server nicely. Other than that, I have no out dated technology - I don't even have a cell phone /flex.

Dreddz
08-25-2006, 04:08 PM
I have a heater in my room that I found when I moved into my house 14 years ago, SOB break down on me a few weeks ago though :(

Peegee
08-25-2006, 04:37 PM
I use a keyboard which is approaching 10 years old. Thankfully I use optical mice now.

Anyway:

- I own a cd audio player (instead of mp3 cd player)
- I own one of those alarms that ring once every 12 hours because it's analog
- We have manual water filter installed by the sink even though we also have the fridge water filter / ice maker
- my brother uses a 10 year old pentium 3. I think we might need to upgrade him to a better computer when vista comes out, but we'll see

No rotary phones, no manual can openers (we own one but don't use it)...if I think of any I'll post again.

Tidus1438
08-25-2006, 05:03 PM
I use a type writer as a keyboard and a piece of cheese is my hardrive and a hamster runs the power...
LOL
J/K

Im not really sure.... I use a NES sometimes... and Icetrays, not usually VCR's but only when we are watching a movie that is old before we had a DVD player....

bipper
08-25-2006, 05:13 PM
I use a type writer as a keyboard and a piece of cheese is my hardrive and a hamster runs the power...
LOL
J/K

Oh God! Thanks for calling out your joke. I thought you were running a mac there for a second.

bipper

Xander
08-25-2006, 05:48 PM
I still listen to cassettes in the car when my mp3 player has ran out.

Old Manus
08-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Outside toilet ftw.

fire_of_avalon
08-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Ice cube trays because our ice maker just decided to quit working. We also have a rotary telephone in our kitchen.

escobert
08-25-2006, 06:02 PM
I have a old rotary phone :( I r teh poor and I have no vhs or dvd and hell we don't even have a microwave in this damn appartment :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Tons of stuff. PC, PS1, CD player, VCR's, Old TV's. Face it, I still get hours of entertainment from them all so why would I throw them away?

bipper
08-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Outside toilet ftw.

Becareful with those outside toilet - 7 people just died in one outhouse related incident: (http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1982414,00.html)

I have the new testament on two 8-tracs.

Resha
08-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Best thing ever = turn-table. Beautiful to see records spinning :D (although CDs spin too!)

I still use ice-trays etc etc.

Zeldy
08-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Im still using one of those old monitors with the huge back, and my TV is older than I am. It was the first TV my parents bought when they was married, and they bought a new one a few years ago, and the Sanyo is now in my room. Its 20" but ancient xD

Old Manus
08-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Becareful with those outside toilet - 7 people just died in one outhouse related incident: (http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1982414,00.html)*destroys*

cecil+rosa
08-25-2006, 06:51 PM
analog can openers?

and why would you have both eletric and analog

Vikeve
08-25-2006, 06:54 PM
We only have one computer in my whole freakin house and its older than i am! I HATE THIS COMPUETR!

Great now i have a bad feeling my computer will take this personally and shut down in a couple of seconds. (mycomputers very touchy)

Jowy
08-25-2006, 07:47 PM
The electric can opener was a housewarming gift. :)

Roogle
08-25-2006, 09:01 PM

A new microwave is very inexpensive. It would probably cost a lot less than what the old microwave had cost many years ago.

bipper
08-25-2006, 09:19 PM

A new microwave is very inexpensive. It would probably cost a lot less than what the old microwave had cost many years ago.

We should start a ghet ghetto bert a new mircorwave fundraiser! I gotta nickle for the cause.

Bipper

Vikeve
08-25-2006, 09:23 PM

We should start a ghet ghetto bert a new mircorwave fundraiser! I gotta nickle for the cause.

Bipper

Ive got a penny!

Tavrobel
08-25-2006, 09:41 PM

Bipper

Ive got a penny!

I've got three bucks and a pack of Mike and Ikes.

Rengori
08-25-2006, 10:15 PM
We've probably used the printer we have since '92 and still do.

Fuego
08-26-2006, 02:40 AM
I am pretty old ... i need to be made with a slimer body and more buttons and gizmos ! In Day-glo colors and iridescent buttons ! I need a sound for anything your mind can come up with ! I need video clip capture and playback and a built-in 1.3-megapixel camera, multi-step zoom, flash ! I need to be an MP3 Player with customizable effect/equalizer and player theme, and VCAST video and music on-demand ! I need voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions via GPS, and be bluetooth compatible !

thats all i can think of now >.<