PDA

View Full Version : V for Vendetta

Cruise Control
08-25-2006, 01:48 AM
I just saw this and am completely floored. Discusss this movie.

I think it was probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. This is my style of movie. I'll post something coherent later.

Roto13
08-25-2006, 02:42 AM
Read the comics. You'll hate the movie.

Or so I'm told, I haven't seen the movie.

Kirobaito
08-25-2006, 05:39 AM
I thought it was pretty good. Could have been better, but I found it pretty enjoyable. I haven't read the comics.

Rase
08-25-2006, 05:44 AM
I saw it for the first time about two weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. It seemed to have a good mix of action and deep issues, along with a few parts that made me laugh (like the "V speech", for example). Definetely one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

farplaner
08-25-2006, 07:50 AM
I was not very impresseed by the trailers ...so I didn't go see it in the theatres. I rented it on DVD last week, though, and I was surprised. I thought it was pretty good. It actually says something about the repression of ideas and lifestyles, and is not just a vacuous action flick. For the pseudo-intellectual like myself, it offers enough to make at least one viewing worthwhile.

Araciel
08-25-2006, 07:54 AM
pshaw...i tend to be quite blase about anything remotely 'revolutionary' , and though this movie doesn't in any way try to be, i have no fear that people won't exalt it as such. it was a good watch and brought up some good points, had good characters with a little development in there too but didn't draw me in like i thought it would from all the downplayed hype

Rostum
08-25-2006, 07:56 AM
I loved this movie. ^.^

Germ Hamee
08-25-2006, 07:59 AM
This movie completely took me by surprise, because it looked retarded, and my friends had to [almost] literally drag me to the theatre. It was amazing. There were even tears.

I bought the DVD as soon as it came out. BestBuy had a cool edition that came with a mini V-mask. =D I hung it over my mantle.

~SapphireStar~
08-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Ive never read any of the comics and I did like the movie. It wasnt the most astounding comic movie combo Ive seen, but it is a good movie.

Breine
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I have never read the comics, but this movie absolutely blew me away. I had high expectations when I went into the cinema, and they were all met. The only mystery is why I haven't bought it on DVD yet?

Xander
08-25-2006, 05:52 PM
I didn't think I'd like it but then I loved it. I just liked V and ....I dunno. I don't like action movies so maybe cos there was a lot of talking.

Resha
08-25-2006, 06:02 PM
I loved this movie. It's terrifying (imho) and completely brilliant. :) Natalie Portman was great.

I Don't Need A Name
08-25-2006, 07:40 PM
i love it, and im getting the comics soon!

Shauna
08-25-2006, 10:22 PM
I loved it. I didn't really know what to expect of the movie, I thought it was be an OK watch, but when I saw it. Wow. I was amazed. It might have something to do with it being seen at an IMAX cinema... but still, it was awesome. :D

Resha
08-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh my god, you saw it at IMAX?!?! I can't even imagine how amazingly amazing it would have been at IMAX xD

Elite Lord Sigma
08-26-2006, 02:31 AM
My main question is, "Why haven't I seen this movie yet?"

Rengori
08-26-2006, 02:59 AM
Didn't really find it that great.

The Unknown Guru
08-28-2006, 08:43 PM
I haven't read the graphic novel, but I loved the movie almost to the point of hating I Took the Red Pill for changing his avatar.

The best part is when he has that monologue with about 50 words that start with v. "This vicious barrage of verbiage may seem very verbose..."

Shauna
08-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Oh my god, you saw it at IMAX?!?! I can't even imagine how amazingly amazing it would have been at IMAX xD

I did. I saw it at an IMAX cinema. In the Glasgow Science Centre. xD It really was amazing. :D It was like the cinema. BUT SO MUCH BETTER. xD

Dreddz
08-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Im was pretty surprised and impressed seeing as it was from the Wachowski brothers ( other than the first Matrix, there movies suck ).

Didnt amaze me as much as it did to others though...

farplaner
08-29-2006, 06:53 AM
I haven't read the graphic novel, but I loved the movie almost to the point of hating I Took the Red Pill for changing his avatar.

The best part is when he has that monologue with about 50 words that start with v. "This vicious barrage of verbiage may seem very verbose..."

I was just thankful that all of his lines weren't alliterative.

(it's not everyday that an everyday Joe like myself finds good reason to use the word "alliterative," so I couldn't pass up the opportunity.)

Shiny
08-29-2006, 06:58 AM
I've seen the movie and I thought the whole concept was really interesting. However, I found that there were some dry parts in the movie. And I found it very disturbing how everytime you would see John Hurt's character talking the camera would be so close to his face that you could see up his nose hairs. Overall, I thought the movie was a funny, sad, exciting and intellectual ball rolled into one.

Ryushikaze
08-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Reading the comic as we speak.

1- The movie is a VERY different. This was a necessary change, since the book is NOT set up in a way that would work at all in a movie.

2- The focus is different. Less about Homosexuality, more on different faiths and races.

3- Evey was an only child, 16, and other changes.

None of these changes are particularly massive though. I'm not seeing where I'm supposed to 'hate the movie' yet. Maybe as I read more.

Aralith
08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Well, I absolutely loved this movie. It was very 1984-ish. It was definitely one of the Wachowski brothers best. After Matrix 2 & 3 they really needed to make a good movie, because those were just horrible. I particularly liked how it could entertain both the action-junkie and the intellectual movie watcher (seeing how I am both, it was a good watch for me) with it's well choreographed action scenes laid over an intricate plot that brings up some very deep points that kind of say something about society today.

On a side note if you have never read 1984 by George Orwell, go to your local library and check out a copy. Read it. One of the best books ever.