PDA

View Full Version : Rufus ShinRa

Cid's_Lady_Erin
08-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Okay, I'm curious to what people think about Rufus in all this. In AC he says his company owes a debt to the planet. In DoC Reeve says the person financially backing WRO feels they owe a debt to the planet. Does anyone else think that means Rufus?

Also, in the beginning scene of DoC when Yuffie's ordering around the medics (at least I think they're medics), the camera focuses for a moment on one of the injured people. Doesn't that look suspiciously like Rufus's clothes?

*~Angel Wing~*
08-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Hmm...it could be I guess. I have to watch that scene again.

koyasuslave
08-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Okay, I'm curious to what people think about Rufus in all this. In AC he says his company owes a debt to the planet. In DoC Reeve says the person financially backing WRO feels they owe a debt to the planet. Does anyone else think that means Rufus?

Also, in the beginning scene of DoC when Yuffie's ordering around the medics (at least I think they're medics), the camera focuses for a moment on one of the injured people. Doesn't that look suspiciously like Rufus's clothes?

Yes to every single question in your post. Rufus is the one writting all the checks and what not behind WRO. And Yes that was Rusfus in the beginning. I wish there was more of him in DoC, and Turks. :D

Conflagration
08-26-2006, 09:34 PM

Are you talking about this?

http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/219/reviews/924449_20060808_screen007.jpg

Isn't that Hojo?

Iven
08-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Isn't that Hojo?

That is Hojo, but that's not what the OP is talking about.

Rufus ShinRa is in the beggining of Dirge of Cerberus.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/163/rufusshinramq6.jpg

Distain
08-27-2006, 08:55 PM
I totally want paying attention to that part. Did he die? Ah man now I gotta go watch it again.

Guardians
08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
That is hojo la....

btw, where rufus go? cannot see him in FF VII DOC ....

Orophin
08-29-2006, 02:57 PM
That is hojo la....

btw, where rufus go? cannot see him in FF VII DOC ....

Didn't you read the other posts? It is Rufus. He's not talking about Hojo on the mako canon but in Midgar, when they rescu other peoples, you can see Rufus' clothes.

Tiamat
08-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Does anyone else think that means Rufus?

I got the distinct impression he was referring to Rufus, also.

fullmetal_fantasy
09-01-2006, 12:06 AM
I noticed that too! The second time around when i watched that. It's definatly Rufus because if you guys remeber in the original game when Rufus shot at WEAPON the Mako Cannon blew up, so he was probably hurt bad, not to mention that happend right after the video clip in DoC :D

Distain
09-01-2006, 01:00 PM
I forget if this happen's befor or after AC. If it's befor, then it's probably pretty safe to say it is Rufus, becuase in AC he's confined to a wheelchair for nearly the entire time.

Iven
09-01-2006, 01:14 PM
I forget if this happen's befor or after AC.

It takes place one year after Advent Children.

Distain
09-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Right. Then disregard every thing I said:D

Blykus
09-01-2006, 07:52 PM
I forget if this happen's befor or after AC.

It takes place one year after Advent Children.

Yes, but that scene takes place during the events of FFVII. When:
Cloud and others are off facing Sephiroth in Northern Crater, Yuffie and Vincent are helping out the people of Midgar. They did this to explain why the two weren't in the ending CG. So, yes, the guy passed out on the computer is Hojo. The one on the stretcher is definitely Rufus.

fullmetal_fantasy
09-02-2006, 07:50 AM
They did this to explain why the two weren't in the ending CG.
That was more like a plot hole you could say, partly the reason why they were'nt in the ending was because they were secret characters (if you would'nt have gotten them you would'nt know who they are!) but you probably knew that ^__^;;

Blykus
09-02-2006, 08:26 AM
They did this to explain why the two weren't in the ending CG.
That was more like a plot hole you could say, partly the reason why they were'nt in the ending was because they were secret characters (if you would'nt have gotten them you would'nt know who they are!) but you probably knew that ^__^;;

Haha, that is basically what I meant.

With the way the compilations of VII are going, it is assumed that Vincent and Yuffie were in the orginal party during the timeline of VII. For this to occur, they have to explain why they weren't in the ending CGs. I know why they weren't there, but they had to explain it so that it made sense story-wise.

As you said, a plot hole.

Mercen-X
09-03-2006, 11:33 PM
I never bothered to pay attention to the guy on the stretcher . . . that's definitely him though and he's definitely the guy dishing out cash to buy himself redemption. However, I think Rufus is in the works for a little more than atonement. Know what I'm saying?

Cid's_Lady_Erin
09-04-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm wondering that if there is another game after DoC, if he and the Turks will appear more, if he is indeed the backer to WRO (as it seems he is). You would think it would all come out sometime. And yea, I never really figured Rufus one for looking for redemption, so I am puzzled as to whether he's supposed to be actually sincere about this, or if something else is going on.

finaloblivion
09-09-2006, 01:28 AM
it IS Rufus. same clothes. but he not really burned or bloody or anything...just dirty. you eventually see his face in AC, and it wasn't scarred or anything...kinda makes you think: that guys got some incredible fucking health. didnt get burned or scarred being in the middle of a gigantic explosion.

ALSO, it has to be Rufus writing the checks for the WRO because in AC, Rufus says what Reeve says in DOC almost verbatim: that hes in debt to the planet. but here's whats silly to me: if it is Rufus, wouldn't at least Reeve know? I mean, he used to be Shinra too. and Reeve says that hes only met with representatives of the person writing the checks....so....the Turks? cuz i think they're the only ones still giving a rat's ass about Rufus. I think Reeve would know if it was Rufus or not. Maybe he's just a friggin idiot.

Blykus
09-09-2006, 08:42 AM
it IS Rufus. same clothes. but he not really burned or bloody or anything...just dirty. you eventually see his face in AC, and it wasn't scarred or anything...kinda makes you think: that guys got some incredible smurfing health. didnt get burned or scarred being in the middle of a gigantic explosion.

ALSO, it has to be Rufus writing the checks for the WRO because in AC, Rufus says what Reeve says in DOC almost verbatim: that hes in debt to the planet. but here's whats silly to me: if it is Rufus, wouldn't at least Reeve know? I mean, he used to be Shinra too. and Reeve says that hes only met with representatives of the person writing the checks....so....the Turks? cuz i think they're the only ones still giving a rat's ass about Rufus. I think Reeve would know if it was Rufus or not. Maybe he's just a friggin idiot.

Then again...

Cait Sith/Reeve never made contact with Rufus in AC. Maybe he thinks he is dead, as most of the public did. Cloud didn't know he was alive...

Aralith
09-15-2006, 05:02 AM
Well, the minute that Reeve made mention of someone who's trying to pay back the Planet for past mistakes or whatever it was he said, I just knew that it was Rufus. But I must admit that I didn't catch him in the opening. But after just going back and watching it, it is definitely Rufus in the intro scene.