PDA

View Full Version : How to kill Neslug?

chocobo rider2
08-25-2006, 06:02 PM
At the Monster Arena, one of the original creations, Neslug, has me stymied. I attack it until it goes into its shell .. but then it gains back a few hundred thousand HP until it comes back out and is able to be attacked again ... how do you kill this guy??

Tavrobel
08-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Neslug has three phases:

Out of shell
In shell
Without shell

The first part should be relatively easy. Attack and revive as necessary. In the first and third forms, Neslug will use a normal attack, which does random damage, Megaton, which causes Poison, Curse, Armor and Mental Break, and does heavy damage. It also uses Slime, which dispels Haste, and does damage to all enemies.

The second form is the most painful of the three, where it recedes into its shell, and begins a long process of healing itself. During the time, it is Immune to Physical attacks. It has Auto-Regen during this time, which will at first, heal for only 100 damage, then it will jump sky high. If it gets a turn, it will use Curaga on itself for about 8k, but Regen also works on that turn, which means it will heal something in the area of 50k+. If you don't do enough damage, then it will come back out of the shell, and you'll basically be doing the first part again.

The third part, the Neslug is more likely to cause 99999 damage when using its attacks. You will know when you have reached the third stage when you see in battle that the shell of the Neslug has been completely destroyed (it blows up, to put it in simple words).

The normal preparations for this enemy are the same as all Monster Arena enemies: Hastega, Auto-Life, Celestial Weapons (as many as you can safely obtain), and your best armor. Overdrives such as Blitz Ace and Attack Reels work wonders (infact, if you do full damage with Wakka, two perfect Attack Reels will not only kill the first form, but also entirely skip the second), and Fury does well when inside the shell. Flare/Holy/Ultima work equally well against this boss.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-25-2006, 07:50 PM
if lacking in overdrives then doublecast ultima (or flare if u dont wana wait for the animation) works but it is slower.

tavrobel, wot did u mean by safely obtaining CW's? it's possible to obtain them all and power them all up without any serious DA encounters. unless u missed the sun crest :D

Helios
08-25-2006, 07:54 PM
I actually fought him about an hour ago, I just used doublecast with flare and ultima. Took a while but would do about 150K (including his regen) a turn. Whilst he was in his shell that is.

crazybayman
08-25-2006, 08:10 PM
If I remember correctly, pummeling it with Attack Reels will do damage while he's in his shell.

Tavrobel
08-25-2006, 08:27 PM
If I remember correctly, pummeling it with Attack Reels will do damage while he's in his shell.

It doesn't.

if lacking in overdrives then doublecast ultima (or flare if u dont wana wait for the animation) works but it is slower.

tavrobel, wot did u mean by safely obtaining CW's? it's possible to obtain them all and power them all up without any serious DA encounters. unless u missed the sun crest :D

When you do the sigil quest for Lulu, there is this huge mutha******* enemy that you must fight. It's called Boredom. It's stats are 2395823095712035720395 HP and 8475 MP. It uses attacks that cause 98765687 damage. You cannot defeat this enemy. It is impossible. I am sick of the mutha******* snakes on this mutha******* plain!

Helios
08-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I considered using attack reels, but didnt really want to risk it

EDIT: Tavrobel, you are the height of hilarity ;)

FTF
08-26-2006, 07:41 AM
The normal preparations for this enemy are the same as all Monster Arena enemies: Hastega, Auto-Life, Celestial Weapons (as many as you can safely obtain), and your best armor. Overdrives such as Blitz Ace and Attack Reels work wonders (infact, if you do full damage with Wakka, two perfect Attack Reels will not only kill the first form, but also entirely skip the second), and Fury does well when inside the shell. Flare/Holy/Ultima work equally well against this boss.

Just to add on:
First form = 4,000,000 to 2,000,000 HP
Second form = 2,000,000 to 1,000,000 HP
Third form = 1,000,000 - 0 HP

Two 99,999 x 12 Attack Reels won't smash the shell unless accompanied by 7 other 99,999 hits before the second one.

Attack Reels won't, but Blitz Ace will.

Tavrobel
08-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Just to add on:
Second form = 2,000,000 to 1,000,000 HP
Third form = 1,000,000 - 0 HP

Actually, the second form value is closer to .7 million, not 1 million, but you must cause approximately 1.4 million damage to it due to Regen. The third form is the remaining HP (around 800k). There's no need to add it on.

I forgot to add the Blitz Ace; it's two Attack Reels and a Blitz Ace will destroy the shell.

GuitarGuy1181
09-03-2006, 03:31 AM

It doesn't.

When you do the sigil quest for Lulu, there is this huge mutha******* enemy that you must fight. It's called Boredom. It's stats are 2395823095712035720395 HP and 8475 MP. It uses attacks that cause 98765687 damage. You cannot defeat this enemy. It is impossible. I am sick of the mutha******* snakes on this mutha******* plain!

I remember Boredom....I fought him numerous times when capturing 10 of every monster.....

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-10-2006, 09:47 PM
So, I guess that I can't beat him cause of my weaker than crap party?

Rikku is the only "strong" one with 17,000 hp 170 strength, 160 for the rest, etc. -luck.

Then Yuna, Lulu, and Auron all have CW's but don't have more than 9999 hp.

As for Tidus, Wakka, and Kimarhi, none of them have over 9000 hp and 70 strength.

I can stay alive, but as for damage, I just can't create enough...is that right?

Tavrobel
09-10-2006, 10:09 PM
If you've only got one strong character, you won't beat the Original Creations. It doesn't matter how good at rapidly mashing the X button you are. You don't really need 9999 HP, but you do need to be able to deal consistent damage with both Physical and Magic attacks.

crazybayman
09-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Overdrives such as Blitz Ace and Attack Reels work wonders (infact, if you do full damage with Wakka, two perfect Attack Reels will not only kill the first form, but also entirely skip the second)
Right, that's what I was trying to remember. I did remember attack reels working for me somehow.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, I beat Shinryu last night, but for the life of me, I still can't beat Neslug. Maybe it's just my game, but this snail heals itself something like 276,800 hp each turn. It's not 50K or 10K, it's 276K each time. Now, I'm not that strong to do that much damage with magic. In fact, I don't think it's possible, even with doublecast and 99,999 hit both times. I don't have Wakka's Blitz Ace or CW, so I'm screwed?