PDA

View Full Version : Most Romantic FF?

Kain Strife
08-25-2006, 09:05 PM
I've heard from some people that this is the FF to play if you're into a romantic storyline. So what do you guys think? Is FFVI the most romantic of the series, or is it mostly hype? Discuss. :love:

I Am Stoner
08-25-2006, 09:10 PM
FF X I think. The story of the relationship that builds between yuna and tidus is a really good one. I think that is the most romantic FF.

boys from the dwarf
08-25-2006, 09:28 PM
id say FF8 is the most romantic but FF6 has some really good romance and is probably the second most romantic. its been a long time since ive played it but the stuff with locke and celes and rachel is really good.

Flying Mullet
08-25-2006, 09:34 PM
FFVI - FFX can be considered romantic.

lovehurts
08-25-2006, 09:39 PM
NO final fantasy 1-6 is not at all romantic in the slightest. Its kids stuff. So and so likes so and so. The relationships fail to impress me at all. 7 has crushes more than it had love...The love story takes place for the characters at like age 7 or some low age ....haha thats real . Cloud goes off to soldier and the world gets F-ed and the 2 happen to get re-united. Where as they have feelings for eachother from being friends long ago and they inherit some attraction when they reunite...I dont think I would call it love. They really dont get together at the end and it is basically childs love again. Made for a child to see and interpette as so and so loves so and so and really the game player hadnt a clue on what real love was. A gril with big boobs the attractive one in the game hooked up with the main character to build intetrest. They never really hook up at the end or are never really anything beyound good friends.

FF-9 the whole game looks like a childs game including the characters. I dont take too much of it seriously as far as relating adult themes. Such as a mature experienced truthfull love between 2 adults. Real love that lasts. they look about like 8....:p Its more of an adventure and crush than it has to deal with love ...

I cant think of any ture love in final fantasy except for ff-10.

However ff-7 was very passionate over areths death I dont think that 7 really showed reasons for love or actions that showed true love. Just because you say something is red it doesnt mean tthat it was painted that way. Just because cloud get emo over her death to try to show his past feelings and present feelings crashing in...there is actually little justification or realiisitc revelance to that strong of feelings in actuall game play. So it fails. Simply playing the game with some one in your party doesnt cut it enough to establish any real relationship.The chessy lines that a 4 year old can pick up on and manipulate as love just dont do it for me.

ff-8 I wont go there its there I guess

ff-10 had so much feeling and concern ...I didnt see any real concern in 7 or any other. It was more like the characters relating to you saying this sucks...because you lost a party memmeber and the game creators knew you were bumbed so the characters were programmed for a momment to reflect on the poorly developed and un=presonalized character that had been lost and that never really had a personall conncetion established strongly in game play besides a few chessy suggestive lines.

Ff-10 offered extra scenes in the game where they bonded. You didnt feeel a close conncetion with characters simply because they were in your party. ff-10 had many videos of tidus and yuna bonding , its showed major concern and passion in what they said and in the videos. It was far superior in character development and so on. It didnt hang on to a chessy emo character like cloud with indentity problems so that all other characters including the ones playing the game could extra easily know all about the main character and relate to him right away in a boring and straight forward dull waqy. Most of ff-7 was cloud being emo complaining about sephriopth and himself. It was a one side coin that was well rotten.

FF-10 offers realsim in many elements. It gets inside everyones head not just the main character unlike 7. It makes it more presonall to the characters than yourself unlike 7. It isnt just like loosing a party memmber and being angry that you waisted time training that party member to high levels. Its not like in ff-7 where there is an honorbale mention of 2 chessy lines that the character is gone now. All the characters react in a our dramatic and realistic way in 10. A change in the story when aeris dies in 7 and they have one scene just to spice up the change and then through hours of game play there is no real mention of it , or personall grief from the characters is pretty lame and dull.

FF-10 did a great job keeping it real and it did an excellent job holding the momment and feelings that characters had for realistic durrations of time. It did far better than to have one momment of mention of its deeper concepts and then to have you running across the world map for hours cut off from all realistic characters..FF-10 didnt separate you from the characters and there own personall feelings ff-7 did. FF-7 didnt even do a good job developing those personall feelings to begin with. It was more about look at my cool sword and dress code and look how /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty our world is and how it has dorked me in particullar....that and they were all basically I CAN BE EMO TOO !!!!

Flying Mullet
08-25-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't like FFVII and FFX is more romantic than FFVII.

Kain Strife
08-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Aw c'mon, VII had romance. What about when Cloud and Aeris are on that ride in the Gold Saucer (assuming it turns out to be Aeris...sometimes it's Tifa or even Barret). Or Cloud and Tifa sharing a tender moment by the Highwind near the end.

For me though, I gotta pick VIII. When "Eyes on Me" by Faye Wong plays in the background whilst Squall and Rinoa are in the Ragnarok...truly breathtaking, and I don't consider myself a very romantic guy.

But to make this more on topic to FFVI, I just finished the flashback sequence where Rachel dies...so sad. :cry:

I Am Stoner
08-25-2006, 09:56 PM
FFVII's romance was...... Kinda strange. Really strange actually, yet still very romantic. People were supposed to be in love, yet not one of them said to one another, I love you. The kept on saying, I............. That really doesnt cut as relationships, but it was very romantic.

boys from the dwarf
08-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Aw c'mon, VII had romance. What about when Cloud and Aeris are on that ride in the Gold Saucer (assuming it turns out to be Aeris...sometimes it's Tifa or even Barret). Or Cloud and Tifa sharing a tender moment by the Highwind near the end.

For me though, I gotta pick VIII. When "Eyes on Me" by Faye Wong plays in the background whilst Squall and Rinoa are in the Ragnarok...truly breathtaking, and I don't consider myself a very romantic guy.

But to make this more on topic to FFVI, I just finished the flashback sequence where Rachel dies...so sad. :cry:

i agree with FFVI not being as romantic as others but it has romance. i wouldnt call cloud and tifa beneath the highwind "romantic" although they have romantic parts id call that under the highwind thing more like intimacy. but it's not like that sort of thing cant be romantic. but compared to FF8's romance scenes i dont think any FF compares. there are so many romantic parts.

E.G.

1. in the ragnorok.
2. squall carrying rinoa to esthar when shes in the coma and nearly everything he says while she is in the coma.
3. the ending.

and theres more. not to mention that they are a good couple anyway. i find it funny when in disk two if you bring rinoa to balamb garden and talk to doctor kadowaki she asks something like "is she your girlfriend? you two look so good together." and you have choices to say "yes" or "no" and it continues and rinoas reactions to this makes it funny. FF8 is just unbeatable for romance. and im pretty sure its not just squall and rinoa who have all of the romantic scenes.

Crossblades
08-25-2006, 10:11 PM
FF VI has romance. It's just doesn't go deep enough like FF X

ama124
08-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I cant think of any ture love in final fantasy except for ff-10.

ff-10 had so much feeling and concern ...I didnt see any real concern in 7 or any other. It was more like the characters relating to you saying this sucks...because you lost a party memmeber and the game creators knew you were bumbed so the characters were programmed for a momment to reflect on the poorly developed and un=presonalized character that had been lost and that never really had a personall conncetion established strongly in game play besides a few chessy suggestive lines.

Ff-10 offered extra scenes in the game where they bonded. You didnt feeel a close conncetion with characters simply because they were in your party. ff-10 had many videos of tidus and yuna bonding , its showed major concern and passion in what they said and in the videos. It was far superior in character development and so on. It didnt hang on to a chessy emo character like cloud with indentity problems so that all other characters including the ones playing the game could extra easily know all about the main character and relate to him right away in a boring and straight forward dull waqy. Most of ff-7 was cloud being emo complaining about sephriopth and himself. It was a one side coin that was well rotten.

FF-10 offers realsim in many elements. It gets inside everyones head not just the main character unlike 7. It makes it more presonall to the characters than yourself unlike 7. It isnt just like loosing a party memmber and being angry that you waisted time training that party member to high levels. Its not like in ff-7 where there is an honorbale mention of 2 chessy lines that the character is gone now. All the characters react in a our dramatic and realistic way in 10. A change in the story when aeris dies in 7 and they have one scene just to spice up the change and then through hours of game play there is no real mention of it , or personall grief from the characters is pretty lame and dull.

FF-10 did a great job keeping it real and it did an excellent job holding the momment and feelings that characters had for realistic durrations of time. It did far better than to have one momment of mention of its deeper concepts and then to have you running across the world map for hours cut off from all realistic characters..FF-10 didnt separate you from the characters and there own personall feelings ff-7 did. FF-7 didnt even do a good job developing those personall feelings to begin with. It was more about look at my cool sword and dress code and look how http://forums.eyesonff.com/xxx.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/xxx.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/xxx.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/xxx.gifty our world is and how it has dorked me in particullar....that and they were all basically I CAN BE EMO TOO !!!!

i agree with everything you said. therefore i think ffx is the most romantic

Kain Strife
08-25-2006, 10:54 PM

i agree with FFVI not being as romantic as others but it has romance. i wouldnt call cloud and tifa beneath the highwind "romantic" although they have romantic parts id call that under the highwind thing more like intimacy. but it's not like that sort of thing cant be romantic. but compared to FF8's romance scenes i dont think any FF compares. there are so many romantic parts.

E.G.

1. in the ragnorok.
2. squall carrying rinoa to esthar when shes in the coma and nearly everything he says while she is in the coma.
3. the ending.

and theres more. not to mention that they are a good couple anyway. i find it funny when in disk two if you bring rinoa to balamb garden and talk to doctor kadowaki she asks something like "is she your girlfriend? you two look so good together." and you have choices to say "yes" or "no" and it continues and rinoas reactions to this makes it funny. FF8 is just unbeatable for romance. and im pretty sure its not just squall and rinoa who have all of the romantic scenes.

I agree. There's also the love triangle between Squall, Rinoa and Seifer. As well as Cid <3 Edea and Zell <3 the Hot Dog Girl. ^_^

lovehurts
08-26-2006, 12:07 AM
i agree with everything you said.

That's a 1st....:eek:

:p

Dell
08-26-2006, 12:58 PM
The romantic event in FFVI is when Celes saves Locke's bandana.

Kefka_Almighty
08-26-2006, 03:13 PM
There IS some romance in FF VI, but it's more like an inkling of romance then any actual full-blown romance. In all honesty, I'd have to say the most romantic FFs were VIII and X, as a lot of the plot hinged on it.

Armisael
08-26-2006, 11:11 PM
FFVI has some kind of.. "sweet romance"! The scenes between Locke and Celes are cute!
But you know the real romance thing, that is being shown, takes place in FFVIII and mostly FFX(FFX-2)!

ReloadPsi
08-27-2006, 02:05 AM
I'd say FFVI did have some good romance in it... the whole thing with Locke, Rachel and Celes blah blah blah I'm repeating everyone else.

The subtle allusions to Terra's feelings for Leo were a nice touch (just as she was getting somewhere with her personal demons he had to die, leaving it another year before she could feel love in a maternal sense instead, which turned out to be just as precious to her), as well as Setzer's mourning over Daryl... all very sweet.

Hey, I object to this thread being moved into General FF! It was clearly specifically about whether the romance in FF6 was any good!

ljkkjlcm9
08-27-2006, 02:17 AM
The most romantic by far, is FFVIII, the symbol for the game is a romance symbol with the guy and girl intertwined, and the entire game ends up revolving around the romance between Squall and Rinoa.

THE JACKEL

Vaincast
08-27-2006, 02:35 AM
Final Fantasy VIII I love Squall and Rinoa's relationship together, so beutiful T^T

~SapphireStar~
08-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Its between 8 and 10 for me. Both have a strong love story behind all the fighting and chaos.

Dreddz
08-27-2006, 02:22 PM
FFI

FFX ;)

Sefie1999AD
08-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Before I say anything, I'd just like to say that I don't think romantic equals a good love story. FFs IV and VI had some love story, but they weren't a big part of the game at all. FFVII had a triangular drama (although I think the fans make it bigger than what it really is with their Cloti vs. Cleris debates :p) and some sweet and touching moments, but I don't think it was all that romantic.

FFVIII is the most romantic Final Fantasy, IMHO, and it's so romantic that it's also sappy at times, and occasionally it isn't all that believable, either. However, if you want romantic moments, this one is the way to go. A dance scene, saving the girl (several times), taking a tour around the school with her, going to a concert together, the main character realizing how important the girl is to him when she goes into coma, the main character vowing the protect the girl from everyone and be her knight even if the world ends up hating her, hugging, kissing, holding hands... well, you probably got the point already. :D

FFIX has a great love story, although it's more subtle than the one in FFVIII, IMHO. There's not really kissing or holding hands, and there's no "Aww, I :love: u 4ever!" moments, either. It's mostly a friendship style love story, with the two helping and supporting each other at hard times. FFX had some romantic moments between Tidus and Yuna, and some touching conversations, and with the PS2 quality graphics, you can also see some romantic moments when the two are looking at each other. There's also an underwater kissing scene that could be considered very sweet or plain disturbing. :p FFX-2's love story is based on the question whether the main character should let her lost love go or whether she can still find him again.

While FFX has its share of romantic moments, I still think FFVIII is more romantic, at least in terms of quantity. In terms of quality, however... well, you decide what you like, I guess. :p I'd also like to mention that I liked FFVIII's love story a lot when I was 14 and had a crush on a girl. FFIX's story felt better when I was broken-hearted, though.

Rocket Edge
08-27-2006, 05:55 PM
VIII

*~Angel Wing~*
08-27-2006, 11:39 PM
:kaolove: :love: :kaolove2: :heart: FINAL FANTASY VIII WAS THE MOST ROMANTIC BY FAR!!! :heart: :kaolove2: :love: :kaolove:

Verdi666
08-28-2006, 09:25 PM
I thinkthe love between Rinoa and Squall canno be compared.

Cannot even. Sorry.

Yeah if you need to add something else to your posts, use the edit button. No posting twice in a row! ;P -kikimm

Flying Mullet
08-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Verdi666, you can edit your post by clicking on the edit icon at the lower-right corner of your post.

No modwhoring! *thwack* -kikimm

Shiny
08-28-2006, 09:45 PM
FF8-10 is romantic.

Vivisteiner
08-28-2006, 10:22 PM
FFVIII was the most romantic...euch. It made me feel sick. :eep:

licence
08-28-2006, 10:31 PM
I'd say FFVIII was the most romantic. The whole of disc 3 was quite romatic with Ragnarok and Soceress Memorial and Squall saving her etc etc etc.

Rase
08-29-2006, 12:25 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/RyanStage/CecilRosa.gif

I think it's quite clear.

Sefie1999AD
08-29-2006, 11:47 PM
"Oh, boy! Getting cozy!" or "Oh yeah! Gettin' it on!" said Cid Pollendina when he saw Cecil and Rosa kissing.

The Crystal
08-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Of the FFs that i played, FFVIII is the most romantic.

DarkLadyNyara
08-30-2006, 06:50 AM
:kaolove: :love: :kaolove2: :heart: FINAL FANTASY VIII WAS THE MOST ROMANTIC BY FAR!!! :heart: :kaolove2: :love: :kaolove:
Indeed. It's the main reason I can't stand that game. :mad:

But hey, to each his own. :D And if you are the type who likes sappy love stories, it's your game.

MasterX
09-01-2006, 01:59 AM
WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!

I WOULD say FF7, but there was too much tention later on. Plus, Tifa sorta got in the way in it all, so the romance went to hell after the first disc. FF6 HAD no romance. It just had a hormone-fueled girl with no idea on what's going on in the world. Plus, she had no direct partner throughout the story. FF9 had some sort of double-relationship with Zidane/Steiner feeling for Garnet/Beatrix, but as romantic as it was, it's not THE most romantic FF. The eigth one is the most romantic one and I will explain why.

At the beginning, Squall didn't give a rat's ass about anything about completing his missions and satisfying his superiors, but that soon changed when an interesting young woman confronted the shut-in during the Exam Graduation Dance. Squall was a tad uneasy around Rinoa at first, but as their journey progressed, so did their relationship. (Plus, Angelo sorta fit into the whole love story as well.) Also, she was so goddamn sad when Squall "bit the dust" in the end. Finally, you see the pair hugging in the FFVIII logo.

Remember folks, you'll find a tinkle of love in the air in EVERY love story.

Ouch!
09-01-2006, 02:20 AM
FFVIII is the most romantic Final Fantasy, IMHO, and it's so romantic that it's also sappy at times, and occasionally it isn't all that believable, either. However, if you want romantic moments, this one is the way to go. A dance scene, saving the girl (several times), taking a tour around the school with her, going to a concert together, the main character realizing how important the girl is to him when she goes into coma, the main character vowing the protect the girl from everyone and be her knight even if the world ends up hating her, hugging, kissing, holding hands... well, you probably got the point already. :D
Yeah, I'll agree with that. Final Fantasy VIII was definitely the most romantic, but at the same time it's my least favorite romance. Ever. It was rather poorly developed, and the sudden revelation Squall has that he loves Rinoa once she's comatose is a little ridiculous.

"You're annoying."
Rinoa goes comatose.
"I love you! Come back to me!"

This is why Squall is a closet necrophiliac.

Seriously, though. While FFVIII was the most romantic, I think Final Fantasy X did the best job of actually creating a mostly believable romance. FFIX did a good job as well, but it wasn't that big of a focus in the long run, which was perfectly fine by me.

Tavrobel
09-01-2006, 02:46 AM
FFIIIj. You could just SEE the boys going ga-ga for Elia and Sara.

I expect FFIII DS to not be that different.

And I am fully aware that one of the characters is female.

Fireblade13
09-01-2006, 06:29 PM
FFX but Marche is so pimped out Ritz can't keep her hands off of him! Wait that was her rapier. Wait it sounds like RAPE! LOL

Shaded Mazoku
09-23-2006, 04:27 PM
FFVI has romance, by all means, but it's not nearly on the scale of games like FFVIII and FFX, where the romance is intergral to the plot. I'm quite thankful for that, because I never could stand romance-centric plots.

It really depends a lot on what your definition of romance is, and how good you're at reading into things.

Of course, there's a million other reasons to play FFVI. *biased*

Thane
09-23-2006, 05:06 PM
FF X is the most romantic game of the series. I don't know why but I think the lake scene with Tidus and Yuna made it romantic. And at the end when Yuna tries to hug Tidus but she just falls right through him. That was really touching and romantic to me.

chrisfffan
09-23-2006, 05:12 PM
it was a good scene but the rest of the ending was carp 8 is the most romantic

Goldenboko
09-23-2006, 05:31 PM
it was a good scene but the rest of the ending was carp 8 is the most romantic

*Laughs* Come on... are you serious X had two times more romance then VIII, and IX had more romance then X and VIII put together.
X's ending was very well done life isn't happily ever after
And IX wasn't love at first sight there was a slow build up of trust and dependence on each other, it fit the story very well.

Seto Fett
09-23-2006, 11:33 PM
VIII definitely. The game is specifically romance themed after all and it's great. When I was younger, I disliked the theme and seeing a hardcore loner like Squall fall for Rinoa but now that I'm older, playing through it again I have a new appreciation for the game.

f f freak
09-24-2006, 03:08 AM
I thought that FFX was the most Romantic. IMO FF8 had practically no romance. It was more of a "Squall you will love me!!!!!" "Whatever" relationship at first. Then it was like "Squall I'm in a coma." "He he he oh really. I'll just conveniently rest my head right next to your boobies."

FFX had the whole lake scene. Tidus took the initiative. Yuna was crying and he just gently put his arms on hers and then they kissed. I mean I hate Tidus. Most annoying male character IMO. But that scene was done so well.

Jessweeee♪
09-24-2006, 03:23 AM
hmm...FFX or FFVIII........tough choice!
One of those.
yep.

Tyrel1985
09-24-2006, 07:26 AM
GRR wtf?i swear i made a big huge post in this thread already:P

anyway i think FF9 does have the best ove story of the newer FF's....but the best love story is cecil and rosa by far..

Rocket Edge
09-25-2006, 12:00 AM
VIII

Zeromus_X
09-25-2006, 12:18 AM
IV is okay (at least Cecil and Rosa are actually an item at the beginning of the game, not by some sudden revelation later on).
VI has very subtle romance, and isn't really too integral to the plot.
VII has a nice love triangle going on, but once again, it doesn't take up all the space of the story...
...like FFVIII, where it's very apparent from the beginning. Surprisingly, I didn't hate this romance as much as I never understood...
...FFXs! wtf? No seriously, wtf? They're just suddenly making out in a pond? I didn't see much foreshadowing of this, that's for sure. At least it was a pretty FMV...:cat:

But FFIX would probably be my favorite.

Sefie1999AD
09-26-2006, 12:18 AM
FFIIIj. You could just SEE the boys going ga-ga for Elia and Sara.

I expect FFIII DS to not be that different.

And I am fully aware that one of the characters is female.

Really? I thought Sara was the one doing the flirting, not the other way around. :D Just see this picture (SPOILERS!): Don't be so dull! (http://seph99files.homestead.com/files/FF3jending/Ff3-83.png)

Lynx
09-26-2006, 02:52 AM
in ffvi pay attention to the whole locke rachel thing and his change of feelings and it comes out to be a good love story.

DJZen
09-26-2006, 09:06 AM
FFVIII's love story was just plain terrible. There's no excuse for it. It should have been aborted at conception. The only actual romance in the game happens with Laguna, and even that isn't terribly well executed. FFVIII stands as a shining example of why the focus of video games shifting to plotline over gamplay is a horrible idea, and why JRPGs need to stop happening unless the words "Dragon Quest" are in the title.

ChibiKadaj
09-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII & FFX

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-27-2006, 03:29 AM
FFVIII's love story was just plain terrible. There's no excuse for it. It should have been aborted at conception. The only actual romance in the game happens with Laguna, and even that isn't terribly well executed. FFVIII stands as a shining example of why the focus of video games shifting to plotline over gamplay is a horrible idea, and why JRPGs need to stop happening unless the words "Dragon Quest" are in the title.

I second, third, and fourth that...

As romance goes, I gotta go with

FFIV: Cecil and Rosa... And Kain for the tension love triangle.

FFVI: Locke Cole and Celes Chere.

Aerisfanatic
02-22-2007, 01:36 AM
its ok

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-22-2007, 03:37 AM
This thread is a good 5 months old. It didn't need to be revived.