PDA

View Full Version : out of 10 what do you give this MMORPG?

Markus. D
08-26-2006, 03:24 AM
IMO I give it a 9.5

the only reason Im not giving it a ten is just a few of the little things...

Fuego
08-26-2006, 04:15 AM
9 ... because Fue~ will probly be poor forever :( :lol:
DAMN GIL SELLERS !

Vincentsinnerdemon
08-26-2006, 04:57 AM
i give it a 8.5 for the same reason as Tsukasa

Del Murder
08-26-2006, 07:11 AM
7. It's pretty fun for an online game but I'm always a solo player at heart. The vast world full of different items, people, monsters is the upside. I love all that equipment. The long commitment it takes is the downside. This game loses a lot of points for me because it is impossible to just play casually for a few minutes at a time. If you are going to play and actually accomplish something you need to commit a good two hours of your day, which is pretty much all the free time I have on some days.

Rogue
08-26-2006, 08:00 AM
9.5 it has a certain boriness to it once u play it at the beging for awhile but other then that its awesome and they could at least try to make it easier for starting players to get in the game and spice up the battle system a tad

No.78
08-26-2006, 09:04 AM
9! Best MMO ever, I dont even class it as an MMORPG... It's kind of insulting to compare it to all them others. It's not 10 cos of all them little things that PISS you off in it.

Rostum
08-26-2006, 09:19 AM
It's kind of insulting to compare it to all them others.

Why? The mechanics are basically the same as any other MMORPG.

I'd give it a 7/10, I wouldn't give an MMO anything higher than that really.

Germ Hamee
08-26-2006, 01:29 PM
For an MMORPG, I give it a 10/10. I have yet to play anything that rivals.

On it's own, I give it an 8. It's fun, and I love that the game is always expanding; there's always something to do. What I don't like is that it's designed in a way that lower leveled players need high level help in order to do anything substantial. In this, I mean mainly missions, and some quests. Sure, you can do it on your own, but by the time you're powerful enough to do it you don't really need it any more. There's not a great enough population to gather up enough people for the same cause to just party through legitimately.

I don't like sitting around while a LS members hacks away at baddies to get me a rare/ex item. =( Maybe it's just the curse of being a blm, but I'm completely helpless.

Garn the Red
08-26-2006, 03:17 PM
I say a 9, some parts of it are annoying though, its still ff and that is what you have to respect.

Lionx
08-26-2006, 09:36 PM
I would also give it a 7, some parts of FFXI are extremely well done, but on some parts i wonder really wtf are they thinking about and why havent they fixed yet.

Crossblades
08-27-2006, 04:57 PM
I give it an 8

Crimson
09-14-2006, 08:20 PM
-255/10 :mad2:

Fuego
09-14-2006, 11:01 PM
-255/10 :mad2:
Try playing it before you vote ...

Bahamut2000X
09-15-2006, 05:43 AM
To neokeymaster, refer to your thread bashing the game, and my response. >.>

Anywhos, I'ld give it a 9. Amazing story and characters. Great music (mostly >.>) and plenty of diverse jobs.

Onyl a few gripes like some of the level grinding as you go on just becomes too tedious. And not enough real low level content. (Beyond the Dragon BC, and Promies, there isn't much for a pre 31+ player to do beyond level. :/)

Plus sometimes doing things can be too much work and annoyance then it's worth. It seems that s*** hit's the fan more often then not even on simple walk through a dungeon to a BC.

Also gil sellers, and SE not doing enough on the issue, inflation on some items we need to use to level (Food, ammo, armor, etc.) Yet DEflation on items we need to makem oney (Like all the items I USED to make good money off of with alchemy, now I'm lucky to make 100k after 2+ish hours of farming materials >.<)

Overall a 9. mostly due to story and characters, even the little amount I've gotten into it.

Mirage
09-16-2006, 07:43 PM
7/10. It needs to be more solo-friendly, and they need to stop treating your PC like a PS2.

Grand Lethal
09-19-2006, 04:15 AM
after CoP I would have said 8/10, but since ToAU came out, 9/10

The game is great, and has lasting appeal. Like all games it has its faults, but we know then and live with them and embrace to good things (which there are many of).

I just noticed a powerleveling add at the top of the screen... that would be one of the problems of the game... lazy ****s who don't want to really experience the game...

Bahamut2000X
09-19-2006, 05:12 PM
The only time I really like PLing, is when I'm on my 15th job through the dunes, and wish to just avoid the n00bs out there. >.>

It get's tiring leveling 1-20 the same way 15 times through. T_T

Mirage
09-19-2006, 06:16 PM
I personally don't mind PLing, but I'd never pay for one. It's just a bonus that means better exp.

Lionx
09-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Also a means for newbs to stay newbs....>_>; PLing is the bane of all newb problems, let em die a few times to learn.

Bahamut2000X
09-20-2006, 03:57 PM
From my experience, most don't learn even after deaths. It just accellerates the idiocy that is n00b inside them. >.>

And results in more often then not a "OMFG this exp is t3h suckerz! I h4x better exp, you suck I leave!" Which I've gotten that response to a death in more then one dunes party. >.>

Roogle
09-20-2006, 04:47 PM
I'd probably give it a 6 out of 10 or a 7 out of 10.

Mirage
09-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Also a means for newbs to stay newbs....>_>; PLing is the bane of all newb problems, let em die a few times to learn.

I've died more than enough to not be a noob. I still like PLing.

Garland
10-05-2006, 07:05 AM
I'd give it an 8 or 9. Quite frankly, I can't give the game a low score whilst playing it with the same vigor after about two years as the same day I got it. To me, that's one of the defining qualities of a good game. To rate the game low would be to give my intelligence an equally low rating. I'm not the sort of guy who likes pain. I don't self inflict any misery upon myself without fair compensation (that's how I justify going to work). If I didn't think FFXI was a great game, I wouldn't be playing it. I can't exactly put my finger on what works, but FFXI certainly has something going for it, and I can't stop playing.

Diyo
10-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I'd Give It a 6 or 7...for the simple reason u cannot solo anything worth getting...this game is to heavy on working together! don't get me wrong it can be good..but sumtimes i know u just don't feel like dealing with assholes in a party and u want to solo(nd get the same exp) nd lv..nd don't get me started on the diffcuilty of the mobs in higher lvs..at my Lv Easy Prey is not Easy Prey..more like Tough or Very Tough..nd then u gotta worry about the exp lose IF u die >.<!! nd then i feel sorry for the noobs thats just starting off nd trying to get Gil..nd can go on all day...but i just wish SE made it so u can solo more things in the game nd parties should be for like gaining lv's faster(not just the only way u can lv) nd HNM fights nd stuff like that..

Jimsour
10-18-2006, 04:37 PM
6. Its boring me now. All I do is craft basically, untill inflation hits, then I'll rate it an 8.