PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online (EpI&II)

SpikingZero
08-26-2006, 04:36 AM
Anybody on these forums play this game? I'm curious, considering most of the US servers are constantly empty.

Lots of gamers on the Japanese servers, though. Unfortunately, some of them get upset when non-Japanese speaking players join the same game as them.

Madame Adequate
08-26-2006, 05:09 AM
... the servers still exist?

oddler
08-26-2006, 10:19 AM
This game rules all that is phantasy.

KentaRawr!
08-26-2006, 01:40 PM
One of my favorite games ever. But I normally play the BB version now. :p

Eureka
08-26-2006, 01:50 PM
lol omg i had this on gamecube.. didnt play online lol.. took about 130 hours to get to lv 60 lol

Dreddz
08-26-2006, 03:30 PM
I used to play PSO, but not anymore. Online is deserted, and PSO is really boring offline. I never had an amazing character, its kinda depressing seeing other players with characters twice as powerful as yours, especially when you spend hours training.

SpikingZero
08-26-2006, 07:27 PM
Yeah, the English servers are practically empty. Japanese servers are always crammed with people, though, which is interesting.

Zeldy
08-26-2006, 07:31 PM
I was frequently on Schtack (or however its spelt :p ) a few weeks ago, Ive sorta lost interest again now.

PSO 1&2 is still one of my favourite games, Its a shame everybody deserted it.
I got my character to level 128, around there anyway

I Am Stoner
08-26-2006, 07:34 PM
PSO rules. I love it.

ljkkjlcm9
08-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I have it and love it, very much looking forward to Phantasy Star Universe!

THE JACKEL

daggertrepe
08-26-2006, 11:07 PM
I dunno, I liked this game for a while, but then it got boring and old. :(

SpikingZero
08-27-2006, 08:33 PM
The game is only fun if you're in a party of at lest 3. Then you can storm through monsters, areas and just go level up like teh wind.

The problem is that it doesn't have a lot of innovation or anything other than hacking and slashing.

LunarWeaver
08-27-2006, 08:35 PM
I never played it online, but I put quite a few hours into it offline on my Gamecube version. It's pretty fun, I loved it a lot. I'm super excited for PSU... although they're releasing it 7 days before FFXII and now I don't have the money to buy it.

bipper
08-28-2006, 04:23 PM
The game is only fun if you're in a party of at lest 3. Then you can storm through monsters, areas and just go level up like teh wind.

The problem is that it doesn't have a lot of innovation or anything other than hacking and slashing.

wat? your talking about an older game that was innovative at the time. Compared to what you can play now adays, it is still very innovative. Timed button taps for combos and so on. I loved this game. I had a fat magic user guy (forgot the real name) named Highroller. I joined a game with a ganking pkiller that stole my sweet gear. After that I hated the game. :(

Bipper

oddler
08-28-2006, 06:03 PM
I'll have you know that by opening this thread a couple days ago, I started playing again. No one will see me for another year. That's how much I like this game. I can't stop. Help...

KentaRawr!
08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
You know, I almost grapped the angry smiley off the internet due to it's bright red coloring. I thought it was a rare. :(

SpikingZero
08-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Who still plays online?

I go by Van Klein, typicallly in Japanese servers (away from hackers and FSODers).

oddler
08-28-2006, 10:20 PM
I've never played online. I really want to, though. Is there a way to choose which server you want
i.e. Japanese/English server? I'd rather not have my character's information FSODed. By the way, I don't even know what that stands for but I can tell it's the suck.

KentaRawr!
08-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes, you can decide between the US and JP servers.

Zeldy
08-28-2006, 10:24 PM
I've never played online. I really want to, though. Is there a way to choose which server you want
i.e. Japanese/English server? I'd rather not have my character's information FSODed. By the way, I don't even know what that stands for but I can tell it's the suck.

Frozen screen of death.
That isnt really that bad, you just lose un equipped items, its being corrupted you have to worry about. Wipes your memory card.

SpikingZero
08-28-2006, 11:08 PM
European servers as well. However, most of the activity is on the Japanese servers. I guess Phantasy Star is a cultural icon there, as is Dragon Quest (which rocks).

Frozen screen of death.
That isnt really that bad, you just lose un equipped items, its being corrupted you have to worry about. Wipes your memory card.
If you have a variety of weapons with you at the time (such as machine guns, massive swords, etc), it is pretty bad, especially if those weapons are really good.

KentaRawr!
08-28-2006, 11:12 PM
There's also a code that forces your character to re-load in the lobby. This makes you un-equip your equipment, and it gets rid of un-equipped equipment. And people spam it. u_u;

Zeldy
08-28-2006, 11:25 PM
European servers as well. However, most of the activity is on the Japanese servers. I guess Phantasy Star is a cultural icon there, as is Dragon Quest (which rocks).

Frozen screen of death.
If you have a variety of weapons with you at the time (such as machine guns, massive swords, etc), it is pretty bad, especially if those weapons are really good.
True, but atleast its not being corrupted?
I thought people knew not to carry round other weapons, I try to not have any un equipped.

oddler
08-29-2006, 03:08 AM
Awesome. I'll try hooking up in the next couple weeks. Can you change servers after you've already joined. It's not like FFXI where you're stuck on the one server, right?

SpikingZero
08-29-2006, 04:10 AM
Servers are interchangeable. It's more a matter of finding an area where there are users and try to either get them to join with you, or you find a game with an open slot and join them (provided they haven't started a quest).

You can always play through the main game as you wait for others to join. Playing "Towards The Future" is a great quest. It's the best way to level up.

KentaRawr!
08-29-2006, 05:32 AM
Each server holds lobbies and games. You can go to whichever you like whenever you want to.

Saku
08-29-2006, 04:43 PM
I played and loved the game... waiting for PSU in October

Offline is kinda dull solo... but I normally had someone else to play with... and other people tend to make the game.... different...

*Rappy!*
*Peck*
*blast*

yeah.... those were some fun days... I still hae a score to settle with multi-mode Episode 2