PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga II - Final Battle

Rostum
08-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Okay, I've tried at least a fair few times with this guy. I can run pretty well until he gets to around 12k-14k HP and then he uses Proto Omega which pretty much screws me over, because after that there's no way to revive anyone as he boosts so much and casts Quick on himself.

I am level 40 for every character, so far I've tried using Ziggy, KOS-MOS, Jr. and Jin, and I have started learning level 3 skills. So far I've been dealing pretty reasonable numbers with KOS-MOS, Jr. and Jin. I managed to get him down to 15kHP on his second form with combos, but after that, he just seems to quick and I am unable to really do anything apart from keeping myself healed.

I'm not really into the whole leveling up in this game, especially when normal battles take forever to complete, and they aren't random.

Is there any help that anyone can give me? I just feel like loading up someone elses save file and using that, but I just want to beat it on my own. >.<;

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Gamefaq.com has a great stratagy in one of their Boss FAQ guides (think it's the Split_Infinity one) that I used to defeat him. It basically just involved KOS-MOS, Jr and MOMO, with KOS-MOS and Jr casting Attacker and Aura sword on themselves, MOMO casting Either Spear and Aura Sword on herself and just stringing massive together Aura combos.

Rostum
08-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Once I cast attacker, and manage to cast any other spells. I already waste my turns healing myself. =\

Jr. has around 1,200HP, KOS-MOS has 2,700HP or so and Momo has 900HP. >.<; Plus I haven't really kept Momo up to speed with her skills as the rest of the characters -- I think she has all level 1 and some of level 2 (like Medica 2).

I did have a look at some walkthroughs on Gamefaq's, but they mainly just said things like "because I had this item I won, if not I would be leveling up".

I think the main problem is that this guy is way too fast to keep up with once he's on his second form down to 15,000HP or lower. =\

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Those are around the stats I had when I beat him. Given, I had a hard time (when he had about 6000 HP left he used Proto Omega's cannon, killing all characters except KOS-MOS who was on 200 HP).

Really, the only Ethers I needed were Attacker and Aura Sword on KOS-MOS and Jr, Ether Spear and Aura Sword on MOMO and Revive (or whatever the life spell is called in this game) and Medica 2 on all 3. Medica 2 Ether Combos took care of any healing that I needed, and the rest of my turns were spent making sure I had a full boost stock, Stocking up to full on all characters and casting the aformentioned support spells on each of them. Once I unloaded on him i did a ridiculous amount of damage. I think I only ended up having to repeat the process 5 times total on both forms (ie 2 on the first and 3 on the second), and that was after botching things slightly (ie, the situation that lead to only KOS-MOS alive on critical HP).

Of course you might want to make sure you have some decent items as back up...

Rostum
08-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Okay, after literally the 10th time fighting him. I did it. And I think you were of some real help Lilliputian, thank you heaps!

It actually felt fairly easy, or maybe it was just pure luck that he didn't do certain things and that Momo's evasion was very decent.

What happened, was I decided to just go in with Momo, Jr. and KOS-MOS just to see what happens. Half way through I decided on something rather smart (for me, at least). And that was to switch Jin in place of Momo once Momo had stocked up. Then I boosted my boost count to 5.

Attacker worked extremely well on Jr (doing 1,500-2,000 each shot when the enemy was in Air).

First form, I layed out an Air combo and boosted / stocked back up when he was at around 1,000HP, then finished him off with Jr while the other two healed everything up.

Second form, I unleashed another Air combo, this time I put everyone on Attacker and went through 5 boosts, it actually filled up most of the time, so it could have been more like 15 boosts. That got him down to 16,000HP. Which was perfect! He didn't use Proto Omega nor Quick.

Then I switch Jin with Momo who had full stock, stocked everyone up while healing (Momo was evading pretty well, so it made it a lot easier). Then I attacked with Jr. until my boost was full (got him down to around 14,500HP), and then unleashed my wave of destruction yet again (although Momo was doing roughly the same damage as Jin I noticed, but that's because I didn't have Aura Sword).

This left him with a suprising 1,000HP. I almost wet myself! Just a couple of shots from Jr. and he was done. He didn't even get to summon Proto Omega!

I don't think I could have got that idea of switching characters, if it wern't for you Lilliputian, and to use Attacker (which I never through to be that great until now!). So thank you heaps.

Sorry for the long post, I am just so excited after spending 10 battles (all around 20-30 minutes on each battle), trying to get this damn smurfer of a boss to lie in his grave -- and it just seemed so much easier the last time around. So I guess if anyone else is stuck, this is a good thread to read for some tips or something -- or if you want to discuss more into the battle system or bosses. I don't know. XD

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-26-2006, 07:18 AM
Glad what I said helped, although I must admit it wasn't my intention to get you to switch characters in the battle.

Of course now there is the actual final boss to fight but, well, I can't see that really being a problem (unless of course you don't have the Memory skill or something).

edczxcvbnm
08-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Even though you won here was my strat for every boss in the whole game....ALL OF THEM! The strat never changed.

Jr, Ziggy and Momo was my team and would just block or whatever with them and heal all the way up. Get everyone up to that highest level thing and start my combo at the right time. Do the break and deal an ass load of damage in a row until they ran out of boost or whatever. It was awesome. Then I would go back to the healing/blocking pattern until everything seem right to go again.

The only ability that was actually useful was healing or that one that gave you a % of MP back from the block/boosting thing.

Ryushikaze
08-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Now try for the four optional bosses.