PDA

View Full Version : That Guy!!! [SPOILERS!!! O_O

Guardians
08-26-2006, 02:05 PM
really can't be imagine.... HOJO appear in FF VII DOC !!!.... when Weiss
become omega......

hard to belive he still can keep the data on the network and make him reborn by mako energy

*~Angel Wing~*
08-27-2006, 10:03 PM
I HATE Hojo. :hot: :frust: :mad2:

Garn the Red
08-27-2006, 10:05 PM
HOJO=Bad, annoying, cause of all the problems throughout the whole FFVII series, and economic inflation.

Khaotic
08-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Yeah umm.. this whole thread is spoilers..

Garn the Red
08-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Most of these threads are.

Guardians
08-29-2006, 02:01 PM
nola... just want discuss about Hojo here...... a char that make people hate him..... and he appear in FF VII DOC as a "person" that revive

G13
08-30-2006, 08:19 AM
Dude, that whole Hojo thing in DoC is impossible. I watched myself kill him in VII, there couldn't have been enough time for him to upload himself into the computer, let alone think of it.

Tiamat
08-30-2006, 01:42 PM
In the future, please consider adding a spoiler tag in your thread title, so you don't chance ruining the plot for other people playing the game. Or you might consider using...

This handy spoiler-tagging function

Just a friendly suggestion from another member. Thanks. :)

Mercen-X
09-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Don't you know people don't use those anymore. duh. lol. But seriously, they really should.

Anyway, the scene at the beginning of DoC shows Vincent pulling a gun on Hojo slumped at his computer having already uploaded his consciousness, then an explosion distracts Vincent and Hojo disappears.

In FF7, defeating Hojo seemed to prompt him to explode or something. You don't see his carcass lying on the tower, but then again you're not really up there for very long. Hojo must have simply pulled a Houdini until he could carry out his backup initiative.

Zeromus_X
09-03-2006, 11:51 PM
I actually thought it was a neat plot twist that they pulled off. Hojo is one of my favorite villains in the entire series besides.

Zechs
09-04-2006, 01:40 AM
Most likely he was performing that 'experiment' before the party in VII finds him and fights him. As he stayed and died, he could have been connected to the terminal, and thus was ejected from his body as mako but in a circuit with the network.

Tiamat
09-06-2006, 03:44 PM
I actually thought it was a neat plot twist that they pulled off. Hojo is one of my favorite villains in the entire series besides.

I totally agree. It really went a long way in making the story feel like it had a legitimate relationship to the original Final Fantasy 7. It brought more relevance to the events of the game, and I was really happy to see that. The game already had a pretty decent story, especially for a shooter, this just locked it up for me and I really appreciated it.

Aralith
09-06-2006, 06:34 PM
I HATE Hojo. :hot: :frust: :mad2:
I concur with that assessment to the fullest extent.

Dude, that whole Hojo thing in DoC is impossible. I watched myself kill him in VII, there couldn't have been enough time for him to upload himself into the computer, let alone think of it.
Well, one must realize that what happened to Hojo in DoC was never even thought of until DoC. In the original game he was meant to be killed. Square made the common mistake of trying to apply a new concept to an old idea, and naturally, it will be full of holes. The same thing is evident in say, POTC2. The whole thing about Jack only having the Black Pearl for 13 years was probably the dumbest part of that movie and was also full of plot holes.

However, as one or two people have pointed out, it could just be that Hojo uploaded his mind onto the world wide network before Cloud and the rest even got up there. Now, I do not entirely remember the circumstances surrounding Hojo's death in VII, but in the beginning of DoC Vincent asks Yuffie to check the top of the Sister Ray again for life signs, and when they are still present Yuffie makes the remark, "No way, it's not possible." I would take this to mean that she thought it was just a glitch in the device because it was impossible that it was telling the truth, when in fact it was.

Cid's_Lady_Erin
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
If maybe, the Hojo seen in the beginning of the game is some sort of projection like in the end with Weiss, you do see a projection of Hojo at the same time as you see Weiss at times, then that would make sense why he showed up on the scanner (if he was a projection of mako or whatnot) and why he disappeared when Vincent looked back (because he was simply a projection).

Aralith
09-07-2006, 05:21 AM
Yes, my entire post is a spoiler. Well, I think the reason that they had Hojo as a projection during the last scenes was so that we had at least some semblance of what was actually happening. It is my theory that Vincent actually saw Weiss the whole time and that Hojo projection was only for to help the viewer realize what was actually going on. Remember, Vincent never said Hojo's name in the end. He only said, "You!" By supplying a visual representation of Hojo, it allowed the gamer to know what was going on. Though I'd imagine most of us got it anyways. I certainly did.

finaloblivion
09-09-2006, 01:20 AM
k here's what it was to me: you kill hojo in 7, but he was obviously working on his plan before cloud and co. defeated him. in the beginning of dirge of cerberus, i dont think that vincent's actually seeing hojo, he's just freaking out since hojo was such a big part of vincent's darkness. but it's these projections of will and self that litter the 7 series like: you never actually see sephiroth in 7 until after cloud brings him the black materia - every time you saw him before it was just a projection of his will through jenova's body parts. i think something like this occured with hojo, since im sure he probably already started uploading his mnenomic data into the world database before you fought him in 7. make any sense? sorry i have it in my head but i guess i kinda suck at explaining.