PDA

View Full Version : Encounter Rooms

ReloadPsi
08-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Okay, so like, everytime you pick the wrong door you're inexplicably teleported into the middle of the empty square room, and it seems you always get an encounter on the way out.

Is this intentional, or am I hitting some really messed up coincidental bad luck?

Sefie1999AD
08-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Those rooms have a ridiculously high random encounter rate, so if you pick the wrong door, the game usually makes you go through 1-2 battles because of that. If you wander around that room, you'll get into even more battles. I'm not sure, but I think you can get out of those rooms without having to fight any battles if you cast Warp.

DJZen
08-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Yup, they're trap rooms. They're not that bad though. At least, they shouldn't be. If they are, you need to train, and therefore you need these rooms. :D

They contain the toughest enemy groups found on your current floor, good for raising those pesky passive traits like agi and magic defense.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-27-2006, 12:44 AM
I think it's intentional. That's the price you have to pay for not being psychic

Sefie1999AD
08-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I think it's intentional. That's the price you have to pay for not being psychic

Yep, but there are ways around it. One is having played through the dungeon so often that you remember what the right door is. Another way is using a walkthrough. Yet another way is saving the game before entering the room, and resetting if it's a trap room. This only works in the DoS version, though. Alternatively, you can use the trap rooms to your advantage and level up your characters there. You don't need to walk long until you encounter a new group of enemies. :p

Crossblades
08-30-2006, 03:48 PM
These trap rooms annoy me. It would take me about 3-4 battles before I can finally get out of there:mad2:

But I guess it ain't so bad. I mean, it's a perfect opportunity to train my characters

DJZen
08-30-2006, 07:46 PM
3-4? How's that even possible? It places you 2 steps away from the door.

Crossblades
08-31-2006, 01:05 AM
3-4? How's that even possible? It places you 2 steps away from the door.

Game glitch I guess? I don't know, but it really does take me 3-4 battles to get out of there

TehAnima
08-31-2006, 07:31 AM
These trap rooms annoy me. It would take me about 3-4 battles before I can finally get out of there:mad2:

But I guess it ain't so bad. I mean, it's a perfect opportunity to train my characters

Same here!

Sefie1999AD
08-31-2006, 10:27 AM
I usually get into only one battle in the encounter room. Maybe two if I'm unlucky. If you just keep walking down towards the entrance, you'll get out of the room on your 3rd step, so techinically, you shouldn't be able to get into more than two fights if you just keep walking down. I still don't understand how you can run into 3-4 battles most of the time that way since you won't get into a battle if you don't move.

DJZen
08-31-2006, 02:58 PM
My guess, he's exaggerating.

Crossblades
08-31-2006, 03:07 PM
My guess, he's exaggerating.

I don't exaggerate