PDA

View Full Version : Why do you dometimes dislike people for no certain reason?

Peter_20
08-26-2006, 03:04 PM
We all have experienced it: you meet this new acquaintance, and for some weird reason you realize you really don't like the person.
You got no real reasons to dislike him/her either, you just do.
I experience this right now: my little brother got this new girlfriend, and she's visiting every now and then, e.g. right now.
Every time she's visiting, I feel very annoyed, and I always wish that she could just get outta here; I honestly can't stand her.
Her mere presence annoys me, and the whole thing is pretty funny.
I mean, she's even hot, and since I don't know her personality too much, her hotness should give her some kind of boost towards me, but it doesn't - I still dislike her.
I think it's got to do with her incredibly silent attitude, she never says anything and never surprises me with changing that behaviour.
Anyway, that reason is not certain, it's just a wild guess of mine.
Besides, I usually don't mind silent people, as I'm pretty silent myself by nature.
I don't know why I dislike her so much, I just do.

I find this very weird, and very interesting.
Why the heck would you feel annoyed by people, if you got no clear reason?

Christmas
08-26-2006, 03:08 PM
YOU DUN NEED A REASON TO HATE.

~ Christmas, Member 15004 of Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums.

Rye
08-26-2006, 03:14 PM
YOU DUN NEED A REASON TO HATE.

~ Christmas, Member 15004 of Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums.

This post tickles my fancy. :oscar:

And I don't like many people that I meet, and the people that I like at first and I become friends, I usually end up disliking sooner or later. That's just how I am. xD I'm very picky when it comes to close friends, but when I do find a close friend, it's very nice. :jess:

KentaRawr!
08-26-2006, 03:22 PM
I only hate people for reasons I can understand. I normally hate people for being stupid. Ironically, I've only heard them say something incorrect once, and I channelled my hatred towards them so much, that things I normally agree with, I now DISagree with! Then, when they found out how wrong they were that one time, I disagreed with THAT too!

In conclusion, I'm stupid. I hate myself for reasons I no longer can understand. I hate it when that happens. =)

blue phoenix
08-26-2006, 03:25 PM
sometimes because they remind you of some tosser you lready know, or they have certain features that you usually associate with people you dont like. i dont like many "jocks" because having played rugby myself and being at best average, i constantly was teased and annoyed for only making the 3rds.

so if someone comes up and introduces themselves with a smug smirk and looks like a jock, then ill probably dislike him, at least until i get to know him that is.

Stupid assumption, but its what i do.

Heath
08-26-2006, 03:55 PM
It's possible to just not like the look of someone or just from what your initial impression was. You can't always put it down to a specific reason just a certain feeling of dislike towards them. Either that or someone could just be having a bad day when they met someone initially and that's what has contributed to the dislike.

Resha
08-26-2006, 04:00 PM
I dunno. Maybe it's them, giving off a somewhat bad first impression -- it's very easy to stereotype and categorize, after all :p Or maybe I'm just in a bad mood and feeling cynical and anti-social. My bad, then.

Hambone
08-26-2006, 04:03 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about, Peter_20. I know this kid Josh. He's sorta my friend but I hate his guts! I don't know why either. :(

Tavrobel
08-26-2006, 04:22 PM
I never hate without a reason. Doesn't have to be a good one, but not without a reason.

But I do hate anyone younger than fourteen, because, pre-teenage years are the epitome of annoying.

DanteV9
08-26-2006, 04:38 PM
There's too many of them...

Alive-Cat
08-26-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm turning into a hippy as I say this but...I automatically like everyone, even if I haven't met the person. They have to earn my hate. :-/

Shauna
08-26-2006, 05:05 PM
I have an open mind about everyone I meet really. It's everyone else who really hates me for no real reason. What fun. B)

Little Jane
08-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I believe first impressions and jealousy plays into factor with disliking someone you hardly know

~SapphireStar~
08-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Sometimes it may be something they say that I 100% dont agree with. Sounds petty I know. That or they just give off a feeling I dislike.

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2006, 05:35 PM
because they try to touch my special place when I don't want them too.

McLovin'
08-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Because human's suck.

No.78
08-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Well sometimes I hate someone for no reason, but I usually gaina reason why... And then I dont regret hating them cos they're jerks anyway lol

It's like a... Premonition. *spooky music*

DUN DUN DUNNN

Leeza
08-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Pure Quin14, I'm not appreciating your spam.

Yes, I sometimes feel like this and it bothers me because you shouldn't dislike someone unless you have a good reason to and you won't really know that unless you know them for a while. Of course, there is that gut feeling thing that you get and this usually is correct.

daggertrepe
08-26-2006, 06:06 PM
It's the aura they give off. If you don't like it, you don't like them, and that's it.

Hambone
08-26-2006, 06:36 PM
I never hate without a reason. Doesn't have to be a good one, but not without a reason.

But I do hate anyone younger than fourteen, because, pre-teenage years are the epitome of annoying.
:eep:

Dreddz
08-26-2006, 06:48 PM
I'd say its impossible to dislike someone for no reason. It'll probably be the most insignificant reason, but there will be a reason. Even if its the sound of their voice, thats still a reason.

I dislike alot of people, but I have a reason for all of them.

McLovin'
08-26-2006, 07:23 PM
I dislike people who misspell their thread title names. :mad2:

Peter...:greenie:

dAnIeL_06_13
08-26-2006, 07:41 PM
i dislike people that have offended me and if someone doesnt like me i dont like them

Evastio
08-26-2006, 07:50 PM
I think you don't like her because you think she's hiding her true self by acting shy.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Yes I do. But in some bizarre cases after a while I end up seriously liking the person

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm sorry Leeza. But I really don't like it when that happens.

feona17
08-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah... disliking people I don't know is a natural occurance. It's just based on their attitude towards me or first impression.

Sylvie
08-26-2006, 11:42 PM
Dometimes, I dislike other people because its the way they act or something. I don't really know why I dometimes dislike people.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-26-2006, 11:45 PM
It happens when two personalities clash and can't be blended. I don't hardly ever feel like that. In fact, I don't think I ever have, but I know what you are talking about.

I Am Stoner
08-26-2006, 11:48 PM
FRENCH PEOPLE!!! I dislike them. Well, actually, I take that back, 92.7% of french people are cool, the rest are just pompous stuck up fuckers that don't even speak english in england. I try my hardest to speak french in france, because it is polite and helpfull to the french, so they actually know what im saying. Then those pompous "la bastard" bastard mother fuckers come over here and act all high and mighty. GRRRR!! If I were a nasty person i'd beat seven shades of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of them, but im not, so i'll just laugh at them when they fall over. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Vikeve
08-27-2006, 12:18 AM
There is no "good" reason to hate but there is probably some reason you hate her that you just dont know yet. Its probably stubid dont let it bother you just ignore her.

I use to do that a lot but now i know the reasons i hate people even if there stubid i dont care.:)

Its funny i can be at peace with myself accepting that i hate that person becuase i dont know he stole my french fry its all a state of mind. But then i end up hating the fact i hate her cuz she stole my french fry so then i dont hate her as other people make excusses to hate her or wait i said him originally didn't i to bad. im ranting now just love man or ignore them thats what i do and i couldn't be happier.:)

rubah
08-27-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm bitter about people who are better than I am.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-27-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm bitter about people who are better than I am.
I am like that sometimes too. I tend to get hypercompetitive when it comes to people showing me up. I have to be the best, even when there is no chance for it.

Quindiana Jones
08-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Dometimes, I dislike other people because its the way they act or something. I don't really know why I dometimes dislike people.

LoLzOrDs.

I know what you mean, Mr. Person Who Wrote Above Me. I hate it even more when people think they're better than you, but really aren't yet they keep on trying to prove they are. So basically, I hate you, rubah, myself and probably many other people who hate people being better than they are.

Though it's very hard to be better than me, even God hasn't managed it yet.