PDA

View Full Version : girly makeup question >_>

Xander
08-26-2006, 03:32 PM
This is kinda dumb but, how are you meant to put eyeliner on? Some people do their eye make up so well. Are you meant to put it on your eye lid because I can't figure out how to do that without it looking like I've been punched in the eye.... so i just put it like underneath my eye... also I've been wearing like light eyeshadow..FOREVER..but if I use anything dark it makes me look (again) like I've been punched. (Although once someone told me my bright eyes made me look like some cute japanese girl... XD)

So yeah help me learn to be glamourous..or something. Eye make up only the rest is blah.

Sylvie
08-26-2006, 03:33 PM
I wear my makeup on my finger.

Rye
08-26-2006, 03:35 PM
With eyeliner, you're supposed to pull your eyelid down a bit and pit it on the rim of it, above the lower eyelashes. It's tricky at first. And I only like light colours for eyeshadow as well. I like this purple colour that comes out light, but noticable, and it makes my eyes look extra green. Good luck, Xandy~ :)

DK
08-26-2006, 03:38 PM
I get Rye to put my make up on for me. She's absolutely fabulous!

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2006, 03:39 PM
I just dunk my face in a tin of red paint and be done with it.

Rye
08-26-2006, 03:41 PM

You might say that my make up application skills tickle Dan's fancy. I make him pretty for his dates with BoB. :bigsmile:

Zeldy
08-26-2006, 03:41 PM
I go overboard with my eyeliner, it gets me into trouble constantly at school, but I just cant help it xD

With eyeliner, I use a pencil to do that bit inside my eye, and then liquid eyeliner on the rest. With liquid you have to be really careful, cause' you can't just wipe it like pencil it smudges horribly.

This is such an old picture, but thats how I had my eyes once. Its an awful image, Im sorry xD Its all.. emo like. (http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/Dynasty__2006/Eyesh.jpg)

This ones alot more recent, its a bad picture, but you can see how much eyeliner I actually put on. (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/photos/13489/zeldy2.jpg)

Resha
08-26-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't know how to put on eyeliner either! If I ever require it (Halloween etc) I just make my friends put it for me. You should do that too!

Christmas
08-26-2006, 04:18 PM
I CAN MAKE YOU LOOK EXACTLY LIKE RESHA OR RYE WITH MY UBER 1337 HAXXOR MAKEUP SKILLZ. :bigsmile:

Alive-Cat
08-26-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm also wondering. I'd like to hear lots of different ways on how to do it. For my friend. She's a girl.

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah..."your friend"...

Leeza
08-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Like Rye said, eyeliner goes above or as close to your upper and lower lases without actually going into the inside eye part. Close the eye that you're working on and hold a finger at the edge of your eye so that the lid stays more taunt. Apply the liner in tiny stokes from the outer edge to the inner edge. For the lower lashes, I like to apply it only about a half to a third of the way in from the outer edge of the eye.

Light eyeshadow is good for a base and then you can put some darker shadow at the outer edges in a sideways V shape so that it goes into your crease as well as slightly under the eye. This makes your eyes look bigger. Shadow is usually applied before the eyeliner, but if you apply your eyeliner thicker than you'd like, you can put a bit of shadow over top of it to soften it a bit.

Little Jane
08-26-2006, 05:08 PM
One good thing to try to do is practice on weekends, so if you mess up than you have a few days to clean all smudges off before school.

~SapphireStar~
08-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Thank god Im not the only one with makeup difficulties! Im terrified of using eye liner in case I poke myself in the eye, but good advice!

Quindiana Jones
08-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Shavvy? I always thought it was savvy?

Anyhoo: I'm gonna practise just so I can look cool to girl mates and help them out and they'll be, like, "Oh <my real name>, you're so amazing! I love you!" or something like that.

Captain VooDoo
08-26-2006, 05:33 PM
i always look like ive been puched.
i have improved with my makeup skills lately though cos i only use eyliner.
whatever you do dont twitch while doing your makeup it just makes everything so awful.

Vaincast
08-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Umm...try to ask someone to do it for you, like how I put makeup on my older sister (she wanted it black :P)

daggertrepe
08-26-2006, 06:12 PM
I put it on both, though I'm not allowed to wear black eyeliner to school.

dAnIeL_06_13
08-26-2006, 06:35 PM
To put eyeliner on you have to pull back the eyelid and the rim where ure eylashes are.. lets where eyeliner goes but get someone to help you put it on a few times

Miriel
08-26-2006, 06:49 PM
http://uma.chanel.com/vfinder.php

Go to the pull down menu, click eyeliner, and there are a few videos demonstrating how to wear eyeliner with Chanel products.

rubah
08-26-2006, 07:20 PM
ugh, I have no eyeliner skills, or makeup skills in general, so usually i go without.

besides, the current makeup trends don't flatter me any, so it's just as wel

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-26-2006, 07:37 PM
As it seems that everyone else has already had their input and some have given you a little help, I will just say this. Haha. I don't wear eyeliner. Most guys don't. Some do, but I don't. Though somehow I did manage to promise my girlfriend that I would let her put eyeliner on me. Ack. But whatever. Maybe I can deal with the whole emo look for the day. I will even dress for it. Haha.

Zeldy
08-26-2006, 07:37 PM
As it seems that everyone else has already had their input and some have given you a little help, I will just say this. Haha. I don't wear eyeliner. Most guys don't. Some do, but I don't. Though somehow I did manage to promise my girlfriend that I would let her put eyeliner on me. Ack. But whatever. Maybe I can deal with the whole emo look for the day. I will even dress for it. Haha.

Alot of rockstars wear eyeliner.

Heck, Im sure Ive seen pictures when Lauri was wearing blusher. He looked like such a girl xD

~SapphireStar~
08-26-2006, 07:39 PM
ugh, I have no eyeliner skills, or makeup skills in general, so usually i go without.
Same here, its due to the exczema I have round my eyes. Its calmed down now, but my ex prefered me without makeup. He said lipstick was just perfect for me. I dont know, I find make up itchy when I wear it.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Alot of rockstars wear eyeliner.

Heck, Im sure Ive seen pictures when Lauri was wearing blusher. He looked like such a girl xD
Rockstars are scary.

Xander
08-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the advice so far! I'm gonna try it soon...I only have a pencil though...is that best? Or liquid? If you have a pencil should it be sharp??

I do the bottom of my eyes but...I still don't get the top XD Perhaps the video will help though, I'll watch that.

Zeldy your eyes look great, please come and do mine.. x_x

I don't really have girly friends or anything to help so.. On my own really haha. Probably why I've pretty much never had much idea. I bet I'll mess up but I'm gonna practise ^_^

Shlup
08-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Other than the advice already given, just practice a bit. Eyeliner is one of those things where it definitly takes practice to get it right.

Zeldy
08-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the advice so far! I'm gonna try it soon...I only have a pencil though...is that best? Or liquid? If you have a pencil should it be sharp??

I do the bottom of my eyes but...I still don't get the top XD Perhaps the video will help though, I'll watch that.

Zeldy your eyes look great, please come and do mine.. x_x

I don't really have girly friends or anything to help so.. On my own really haha. Probably why I've pretty much never had much idea. I bet I'll mess up but I'm gonna practise ^_^

Thanks xD
I was god awful with makeup a few years ago, I used to watch my Mum in awe. You just learn your own techniques, best thing you can do is practice.

Start of with pencil first, its hell of alot easier to rub out if you make a mistake, you can always go over it with liquid.
A sharp pencil is very useful, nothing worse than a blunt one.

Rye
08-27-2006, 12:36 AM
I use eyeliner pencils. :) And yeah, practice makes perfect. :bigsmile:

Decessus
08-27-2006, 12:38 AM

You might say that my make up application skills tickle Dan's fancy. I make him pretty for his dates with BoB. :bigsmile:
BoB's cheating on Raistlin?!

feona17
08-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Please, start out with pencil eyeliner and maybe move onto liquid when you're pro. I use eyeliner 95% of the time I go out. But anyway, basically when applying it to your top eyelid, you pull on it on the side and just smooth it over right above your eyelashes. That's how I do it. Same with your bottom lid.

Since I can't explain things well, here's what I said in english:

For lining the top lid, use your non-dominant hand to pull the skin on the top of your eye taut, and then apply your eyeliner with your dominant hand. It may help to rest your dominant hand against your face as you apply it to help with control and support. It may take you a few attempts to get it right, but practice makes perfect!

For the bottom of you eye, again rest your dominant hand against your face to line, and use your the other hand to help keep the lower lid taut.

Another word of advice is to not do your whole eyelid, maybe 3/4 or 1/2 because you'll end up looking like a raccoon or a star on Laguna Beach. ><

Loony BoB
08-27-2006, 01:51 AM

BoB's cheating on Raistlin?!
Dude, I wouldn't go near Raistlin with a twenty foot pole. :( I only have one current toyboy, and that's mah man Dan. We're male-exclusive. :D Other past men of mine include Bleys (against his will), Matty, Doomy and Spiffers but I think that about covers it. I'm picky. I wouldn't go out with Raistlin if he were the last 'man' on Earth. *gags*

Nominus Experse
08-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Punch yourself in the eye - it looks exactly like eyeliner...

But in all seriousness, practice, don't overdo it, basically, everything that's been said. As a male that applies makeup almost every day - and not for the "emo" look, mind you, but for a more personal artistic flair of sorts (I've been wearing it for almost three and a half years consistantly now, and tried it around four or so years prior) - I can say that I found that the most important thing is to practice. Be a fool for a few days, but make sure that you remain a fool within the confines of your estate, otherwise, you're going to feel uncomfortable. Makeup should not do that to you. Quite the opposite in many ways, in fact.

Reles
08-27-2006, 09:25 AM
My friends convinced me to wear makeup once, I looked....er...like a whore. I advice not wearing any eyeliner at all if you have light skin and light hair like I do. It's too overpowering. Just remember that eyeliner isn't meant for everybody.

Xander
08-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Another word of advice is to not do your whole eyelid, maybe 3/4 or 1/2 because you'll end up looking like a raccoon or a star on Laguna Beach. ><

Ooh, looking like a raccoon could be cute..^^

Anyway, thanks, I think I have enough advice now..I'll see how it goes. I think when I get it right on the top it will look a lot better than I currently have it...

Also, I don't think makeup makes you look a whore at all, if done right. Lots of it perhaps, but..yeah I don't like the rest. Don't really agree with putting something all over my skin, like a mask...and stuff on my lips annoys me when I have to drink or eat. I have quite dark hair and eyes... also my eyes are one thing I quite like about myself, and I've always found it makes them look bigger and brighter with something on... (if I have one done and one not you can REALLY notice that).

Although I think sometimes heavy eye make up suits people with really light hair..I guess it depends. I don't know if makeup suits me that much because I don't think I look very girly or "pretty" as such buuut, yeah. It makes me feel a bit more confident doing something with my eyes :) I think I do have to keep it quite simple and natural though cos it wouldn't go with the rest of my appearance. xD