PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon shows you miss having around

Breine
08-26-2006, 04:48 PM
There's this show that I used to watch a lot when I was a kid and I absolutely loved it. It was the best cartoon show on TV, but then it suddenly didn't get shown anymore. For years I've waited for it to make its return on the television, but without any luck and so I sort of forgot about it a little bit until these days: I don't know why, but somehow I felt like seeing it again and I totally got in the mood. Unfortunately I couldn't even remember its name - only small things like the appearance of the characters and the main plot. I even got one of my friends excited about it again by asking him if he knew the name of the show, and so we've talked about it for days now without being able to remember what it was called.
Then, today I was finally lucky and I was somehow able to find some info about it on Wikipedia and I finally found out what it was called, "Pirates of Dark Water". Of course I googled it and found a fan-site with clips from the show and such... It was very weird because I could remember the entire opening sequence after seeing it once again. Ah, the nostalgia... I only wish it was available on DVD :(

Now for the topic: Is there a show from your childhood that you used to love and/or watch all the time, but you haven't seen for years?

Del Murder
08-26-2006, 05:02 PM
I really miss Spider-Man, but I have them all on DVD. The other one is Duck Tales.

Alive-Cat
08-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Ren And Stimpy.
EDIT: I am watching it now on Youtube.

Venom
08-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Courage the cowardly dog.

No.78
08-26-2006, 05:16 PM
Teen Aqua Hunger Force ;_;

Yew-Yevon
08-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Robotech. I can't find any of the dvds.

I Am Stoner
08-26-2006, 06:12 PM
The old Tom and Jerry. Also Thundercats. That was some serious oldskool stuff for you right there. Yea baby, yea!:)

White Raven
08-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Home Movies, the '98 Spiderman series, that X-Men series that was on Fox for a while, ReBoot, Dilbert, Futurama...probably others, cause there are soo many!

:)

Hambone
08-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Dexter's Lab.

Dreddz
08-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Old school Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ren and Stimpy, Beavis And Butthead.

~SapphireStar~
08-26-2006, 07:21 PM
I miss Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony and Home Movies.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-26-2006, 08:03 PM
The Simpsons (when they were on channel 2. I dislike waiting for the commercials to end)
They also don't tend to play Tom and Jerry as much as they used to

Raebus
08-26-2006, 08:06 PM

We're on the same wave length, you and I.

It was so darn entertaining.

Zeldy
08-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Kenan and Kell

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Looney Toons. Tom and Jerry. Thundercats. The original Transformers. The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Old school is cool. :cool:

Fuego
08-26-2006, 09:12 PM
the '98 Spiderman series, that X-Men series that was on Fox for a while, Dilbert, :)

The other one is Duck Tales.

Looney Toons. Tom and Jerry. Thundercats. The original Transformers. The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Old school is cool. :cool:Word ! I love those shows !
Also The Tick was funny, and Woodywood pecker, beavis & butthead, and Aeon flux, The Maxx ,The snorks, Muppet babies (random) Alvin and the chipmunks, and Rescue rangers, Josie and the pussie cats, Jabber Jaws (think thats the name) Scooby (can't stand now though) Pound Puppies, silly globe trotter cartoons, pink panther.
.... LOL i could go on ...

**EDIT**
When i was a young'n i used to watch the simpsons on The Tracy Ullman Show >.<

Captain Maxx Power
08-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Sam and Max - Freelance Police.

No.78
08-26-2006, 09:59 PM
The old Tom and Jerry.

Boomerang my friend

Jowy
08-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Captain N: The Game Master, Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego, The Angry Beavers, and Rocko's Modern Life. The ones mentioned above were noteworthy as well.

The Real Dark Messenger
08-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Definitely "Duck Tales" and "TMNT"... wauw, I loved to watch these two shows when I was a little girl :) All the time.

daggertrepe
08-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey Arnold!

Vaincast
08-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs

licence
08-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Tom and Jerry, haven't seen it in years. Also Courage the Cowardly dog.

I miss old Scooby Doo as well. I don't get to see them anymore...I feel all nostalgic right now.

Doomie
08-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Felix the Cat.

tan
08-27-2006, 01:29 AM
"Who's that girl?
What's her name?
Is she cool?
Is she lame?
*inaudible line I don't understand*
Pepper Ann, Pepper Ann
Is she lame?
Is she cool?
Is she breaking every rule?
Is she anybody's fool?
Pepper Ann, Pepper Ann
Pepper Ann, Pepper Ann
Marching in her own parade
Pepper Ann
She's like on in a million
Pepper Ann, Pepper Ann
Much too cool for seventh grade
Catch her if you can.
Pepper Ann
Pepper Ann, Pepper Ann
Marching in her own parade
Pepper Ann
She's like one in a million
Pepper Ann, Pepper Ann
Much too cool for seventh grade
No one's cooler than Pepper Ann
She's own biggest fan, Pepper Ann
Catch her if you can, Pepper Ann."
Possibly the best cartoon ever :)

fantasyjunkie
08-27-2006, 09:01 AM
The original Tom and Jerry. I also miss the old Bugs Bunny cartoons. They had comedy that you could never get away with today. A couple of years ago I was watching a tape with Sylvester the cat chasing Speedy Gonzalas(I cannot spell that word) and they ran pass this border sign that said "CEEETY LEEEMETS". I bust out laughing. Cartoons are too PC nowadays. :mad2:

Rengori
08-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Tom and Jerry, Looney Toons, Dexter's Lab, Megas XLR, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Invader Zim, and Futurama. I can't believe some of the crap they replaced those shows with.

White Raven
08-27-2006, 02:25 PM
**adds Darkwing Duck to his list**

Madame Adequate
08-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Thundercats, He-man, Biker Mice From Mars, Pinky and the Brain, and anything involving Marvin the Martian.

BakerMan
08-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Invader Zim, I don't know why they cancelled that show, everyone seemed to like it.

Sephex
08-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I miss several shows that people have already listed, so I'll go in a different direction.

I miss getting up on Saturday mornings and watching cartoons in general. I really loved the Nintendo themed shows like Captain N the Game Master, even though I knew a lot of elements in the show were horribly inaccurate. I also remember catching a different version of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show on Saturday mornings except that it was Mario World themed. Although this isn't exactly a rare thing, I did catch old Warner Bros. cartoons (Bugs Bunny etc.) with my mom on ABC 7. God...this probably isn't helping me get away from missing my childhood horribly.

Here, for those of you who grew up the way I did...

http://afterthesemessages.ytmnd.com/

*sigh*

Fuego
08-27-2006, 05:51 PM
I have the series of Invader Zim on DVD .... its too great not to own !

I wish we'd get new episodes of Zim :)

Rengori
08-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Invader Zim, I don't know why they cancelled that show, everyone seemed to like it.Everyone except for the overprotective parents whose kids used to only watch the less dark and sinister Spongebob Squarepants.

So Nickelodeon did the dumbest business move ever and cancelled Invader Zim for more Spongebob. Little yellow bastard.

Fuego
08-27-2006, 06:04 PM
Invader Zim, I don't know why they cancelled that show, everyone seemed to like it.Everyone except for the overprotective parents whose kids used to only watch the less dark and sinister Spongebob Squarepants.

So Nickelodeon did the dumbest business move ever and cancelled Invader Zim for more Spongebob. Little yellow bastard.

I wanna -now- Raze their HQ to the ground !

Shiny
08-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Yes. That and Doug I miss.

Elite Lord Sigma
08-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Kenan and Kel, Pinky and the Brain, and Cousin Skeeter I all liked. Canceling them were some of the most idiotic financial decisions Nickelodeon/Cartoon Network ever made.

Chibi Angel
08-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Kenan and Kel, Escaflwone, Spiderman, X-men and Doug. I haven't watched any of them in years.

vampirepiggyhunter7
08-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Sheep in the Big City
Cow and Chicken
I. M. Weasel
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Dexter's Laboratory
I loved to hate Doug. It was so fun staying up late and slapphappily laughing at it with my cousin.
Patty: I don't drink coffee, it tastes like chalk...
Cousin: YOU eat CHALK?!?!?!?!
Invader Zim (have the DVDs, but I loved having it on TV too)
JOHNNY BRAVO!!! xD
Pepper Ann

daggertrepe
08-28-2006, 01:34 AM
lol I barely remeber pepper ann...

I Took the Red Pill
08-28-2006, 01:51 AM
Rocko's Modern Life.

Cruise Control
08-28-2006, 01:58 AM
Megas XLR, Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, Rave Master, Cyborg 009.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Thundercats
Tom and Jerry
Pinky and the Brain
Duck Tales
Invader Zim

Rostum
08-28-2006, 01:26 PM
X-Men
Duck Tales
Looney Toons
Tom and Jerry
The original Transformers
The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Tick
Aladdin
Tale Spin
Alvin and the chipmunks
Rescue rangers
Captain N: The Game Master
Felix the Cat
Darkwing Duck
He-man
Biker Mice From Mars
Doug

Those were pretty cool but I'm sure I'm missing some. :)

Edit: Added some more.

UltimaMasamune
08-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Dexter's lab
Courage
Adnan wa Lina(arabic cartoon)

good times they were

and Shiny who is the chick in your avatar/sig she is hot man

BizarroSephiroth
08-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Looney Tunes! Bugs Bunny rocked!

Also, i used to watch the Nickelodeon show The Angry Beavers. I loved it so!

Crossblades
08-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Transformers
Thundercats
The Mask: The Animated Series
Ace Ventura:The Animated Series
Animaniacs
Pinky and the Brain
Tiny Toons
Looney Tunes
Darkwing Duck
Duck Tales
Wildcats
Iron Man
Spiderman
X-Men
Donkey Kong Country

BizarroSephiroth
08-28-2006, 05:23 PM
Sheep in the Big City

OMFG I loved that show, but i completely forgot about it lololol

Crossblades
08-28-2006, 05:25 PM

*sigh*

Here's one that shows almost all of them;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3vh7yoUU0E

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-28-2006, 05:29 PM
I forgot Darkwing duck *hangs head in shame* I loved Darkwing duck so much!

tailz
08-28-2006, 05:33 PM
not naming those already said

i miss

swat cats.
bulletproof (i think its called that, intro song starts with "fighting crime, in a future time) <--- smurfing hilarious
digimon (I wanna see season 2 again:( )

Crossblades
08-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Anyone remembers this? I miss this show. I wish they bring it back:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBNT5IaxXzg

bipper
08-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Ren & stimpy. Though I have yet to full recover from the last time I watched the show.

SammieBabe
08-28-2006, 06:01 PM

*sigh*

Here's one that shows almost all of them;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3vh7yoUU0E

Oh God, I love you two for posting those. Every Saturday morning from like 7-Noon, we ruled the living rooms....:)

Jowy
08-28-2006, 06:08 PM

I wanna -now- Raze their HQ to the ground !

Nickelodeon Studios AND the slime geyser were already demolished, along with part of my soul.