PDA

View Full Version : ... Might sound desprate but...

tidus_rox
08-27-2006, 12:47 AM
Ok lol this probibly sounds really childish but i just have to ask. I saw this chart and it says: Play Final Fantasy 10 and be a fanboy who dosnt know what hes talking about, but play Final Fantasy VI and be a true fan. So i was wondering if anyone has one i can buy off them or even if they will give it away that would be great. If you do then PM me and we'll sort things out. Or email me at cody-v-rag@hotmail.com.

Xurts
08-27-2006, 01:37 AM
eBay.

ReloadPsi
08-27-2006, 02:02 AM
Play Final Fantasy 10 and be a fanboy who dosnt know what hes talking about, but play Final Fantasy VI and be a true fan.
FF6? No... FF1 for the ultimate win! I remember playing FF1 on an emulator in school and having everyone say "ZOMG ITZ VIVI!!!1" when they saw the Black Mage. Silly, ignorant cretins... Well, I guess the European release of Origins was a looooong way off but still.

And as far as I'm concerned, you can play FF7 and be a true fan. Since I live in the UK, it was the first game I ever got to legitimately play. Also, FFX feels like a bit of a "f**k you" to the so-called "true" fans of the series, what with 9 going back to the roots and then 10 flippantly disregarding them altogether and replacing a gameplay-heavy game with something where two thirds of the whole thing is dialogue. *sigh*

ljkkjlcm9
08-27-2006, 02:13 AM
in my eyes, the only way to be a true fan is to have played at least a little bit of them all

THE JACKEL

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-27-2006, 02:37 AM
You actually took that chart seriously? You're just as likely to become a drooling fanboy idiot from playing FFVI as you are from FFX.

Forming your own opinions ftw.

Roto13
08-27-2006, 03:31 AM
in my eyes, the only way to be a true fan is to have played at least a little bit of them all

THE JACKAL

Except XI :p

Xurts
08-27-2006, 03:51 AM
And as far as I'm concerned, you can play FF7 and be a true fan. Since I live in the UK, it was the first game I ever got to legitimately play. Also, FFX feels like a bit of a "f**k you" to the so-called "true" fans of the series, what with 9 going back to the roots and then 10 flippantly disregarding them altogether and replacing a gameplay-heavy game with something where two thirds of the whole thing is dialogue. *sigh*
Too true.

auhin
08-27-2006, 03:54 AM
Playing a little bit of all of them sounds like the best way. That's what I try to do. But VI is definitely worth it. Heck, I want to play it.

Kain Strife
08-27-2006, 03:57 AM
I personally never buy into the whole "you're a fanboy cos you like 7 and 10" argument. Let's face it, different strokes for different folks. 7 and 10 get a lot of hype because they're awesome.

Avarice-ness
08-27-2006, 04:13 AM
*points up at Kain*

How did I let you get past the gaurds. =/
Aisle is slacking on his narshean duties again, I'm going to go take my anger out on Jidoor, it needs poison. *[Escape]*

tidus_rox
08-27-2006, 04:21 AM
Ok well i have VIII and IX and i already dumped 8 cuz...well i didnt like it (hope i didnt offend anyone). So i think i might go on trying IX.

Roto13
08-27-2006, 04:53 AM
Saying that you personally don't like a game isn't offensive. I happen to think VIII is one of the best ones, but it's ok that it doesn't suit your tastes.

Kain Strife
08-27-2006, 04:53 AM
*points up at Kain*

Aisle is slacking on his narshean duties again, I'm going to go take my anger out on Jidoor, it needs poison. *[Escape]*

Nu-uh, I've stocked up on smoke bombs today. Your guards aren't getting me! *throws smoke bomb, escapes*

Dell
08-29-2006, 02:50 PM
*points up at Kain*

Poor Jidoor.......

Final Fantasy VI is the best. It has interesting story and character, fun gameplay, good music and graphic (It's the best SNES graphic). It did start out slow (I hate that part in Narshe), but it get interesting once you go deep inside it (I like those Scenarios). And I don't like FFVII and FFX fans. They only play that game consider it the best. Eventhough I like FFVII, I know their weaknesses (EXCEPT FOR KITTEN SITH AND NANAKI!!!!ANIMALS ARE NICE!). I also like Cloud, his personality are much like Locke.

Flying Mullet
08-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Forming your own opinions ftw.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

tidus_rox
08-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Um.. You guys are kinda going off the topic of what i started this thread to be.. does any one have one that i could buy/ be given? ... Its a long story why i cant get on eBay

Markus. D
08-30-2006, 04:00 PM
the only way to be a true fan is to have a level 75 something something on FFXI.

end of story.

Avarice-ness
08-30-2006, 07:19 PM
the only way to be a true fan is to have a level 75 something something on FFXI.

end of story.

What is happening to the kids of the world. Why Tsu, Why? :(

Kain Strife
08-30-2006, 07:42 PM
That's not being a fan. That's just being very, very masochistic. :p

aquatius
09-04-2006, 09:03 PM
eBay has a search tool, USE IT CHILD!

Sephex
09-04-2006, 10:33 PM

end of story.

So spend money for months on end and use all of your free time leveling up in a game that shouldn't even be part of the main series in order to be a "true fan"? Right...

*checks profile*

DOB: March 13th, 1990.

I was playing the first Final Fantasy the year you were born.

ljkkjlcm9
09-04-2006, 10:44 PM

end of story.
*checks profile*

I was playing it too! With my family, I was only 4 though... But still! I knew how to hit a button when they told me too hehe

THE JACKEL

Avarice-ness
09-04-2006, 11:23 PM

end of story.
*checks profile*

I was playing it too! With my family, I was only 4 though... But still! I knew how to hit a button when they told me too hehe

THE JACKAL

ME TOO! =D
My sister had it, She let me let the people walk around but I couldn't play fights. 'cause I was only 4 in March. =]

Moon Rabbits
09-05-2006, 01:45 PM
*points up at Kain*

:(!

I also dislike the "FF7/X players are not true fans" arguement.

bipper
09-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Technically wasn't VI the first "non-final fantasy" final fantasy? :p

It is really where the game became something different; possibly matured into the next generation.

Bipper

Flying Mullet
09-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I would have to argue that two was very different as well.