PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Goo.

Meimeiken
08-27-2006, 01:08 AM
Alright, I figure it shouldn't be that hard, but...I can honestly not get 1 mystery goo. I need around 6 :(

I've read that the three mushrooms drop these items. I can never encounter any of them.

If anyone could give me any tips dealing with the best location/strategy to find this much needed item, I would be eternally grateful.

thanks,
-Adam

P.s. I'm talking about kh1.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-27-2006, 01:40 AM
go to never land on the deck of the ship, if there is rare truffles, then hit hit hit until u get them, if its not, keep trying

Meimeiken
08-27-2006, 02:10 AM
hmm..how many times should I try this, I've went and left upwards of 25 times..still no truffles.

Meimeiken
08-27-2006, 02:57 AM
well..I finally got a few of them. New problem is, I can't seem to keep them in the air for more than 1 hit >.<

Chibi Youkai
08-27-2006, 02:57 AM
You can also try the white truffles, whatever they're called, and for that you have to use the according magic on them to get what you want, but even then, there's not a great chance of you getting all the necessary items. I think there's a guide here on the site as to what you need to do for each reaction.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-27-2006, 03:43 PM
well..I finally got a few of them. New problem is, I can't seem to keep them in the air for more than 1 hit >.<

well be off the ground while ur doing this (fly), and time ur hits right

Meimeiken
08-28-2006, 04:12 AM
meh..I couldn't get the goo. I gave up on the bouncies, and just went to the final rest place. Figured I'd try some white mushrooms and some black ones. Nothing from both. Which is odd, as I heard drop rates were about 10%. I definetly killed/spelled more than 10 of each. I finally just said screw it and completed the game. I really wanted the ultima :(

Thanks for your help,
-Adam

Zeromus_X
08-28-2006, 05:24 AM
There's a nifty trick to getting Mystery Goo.

here is a trick, and it worked for me.

go to the "final rest" area of end of the world. save your game, then do a soft reset. load up the game you just saved. then, go into the room with all the heartless. there should be some type of mushroom there now. (black, white, and the annoying bouncy ones.) hopefully white mushrooms appear...(or unless you can kill a black one with a critical, the only way to get goo from them, i hear.)

anyway, if you dont get the mushroom you want, or you dont encounter them, save, then soft reset again.

now when you do encounter white mushrooms, you should use the same spell to please them each time. youll have a better chance of getting the mystery goo if you do, plus youll get a magic arts and a gem. (if you have the save the queen, you wont really need the arts anyway...)

anyhoo, i used this trick to get the neccesary mystery goo.

edit: these are the spells you should use depending on what the white mushrooms do. ( i hope theyre all correct, if not, someone correct me.)

light over the head- thunder

floating- gravity

shivering- fire

fanning itself- blizzard

spinning around- aero

stops moving- stop

on the ground- cure

you need to use the spell while they are in the act of doing these things. otherwise, the mushroom just gets pissed off and will run away anyway. also, if you take too long to kill them, they will just run away. (damn things...)

anyhoo, hope it helps!

Lawr
08-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah you can encounter them at the Tarzan camp area too.

Dynast-Kid
08-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Oooh..I could never get my hands on a Mystery Goo.

-Shiny Shell

Rhi
09-01-2006, 07:33 PM
i found that if you occasionally visit Halloween Town (Graveyard) you'll find White Mushrooms. if you do 3 speels in a row, the chance doubles to 20%. That final rest trick works well too. if you defeat black fungus, they sometimes drop mystery goo.

NOTE: For the Final Rest, all 3 type of mushroom heartless can appear.

Albel
09-01-2006, 10:48 PM
i find them at the camp site in tarzans world