PDA

View Full Version : PSM made BIG mistake about release... I think.

tidus_rox
08-27-2006, 09:22 PM
I was reading the september issue of PSM and it stated that Final Fantasy XII will be released on October 3rd. However everywhere else seems to say it comes out on Halloween... so which is it?

Jowy
08-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Final Fantasy XII - (Street date 10/31/06) 10/03/06
Final Fantasy XII LE - (Street date 10/31/06) 10/03/06

It'll be in stores technically on the fourth, they just can't sell it until Halloween. ;)

McLovin'
08-27-2006, 09:46 PM
31st is an awesome date to release a game.

They should have released FF13 on October 13th (a friday) Pity it won't happen.

hplvr
08-27-2006, 10:29 PM
lol well i was hoping that it would come otu sooner like the third lol cant wait until it comes out! lol it look sooo good
but oh well ill gues sill have to wait a little longer :(

Tainted Angel
08-28-2006, 12:46 AM

Better yet, this year in October, Friday is the Thirteenth.

'Gilgamesh'
08-28-2006, 01:42 AM
It comes out on a tuesday.
*cries*

farplaner
08-28-2006, 11:06 AM
I went ahead and reserved a copy of the LE at my local gamestop. For an extra $10 I figured, "eh, what the hell."

*tries flipping all of the calendars on Earth forward to trick the distributors into releasing the game now!

feona17
08-28-2006, 03:20 PM

Is it really? Nice. Oh well, games and such are always released on tuesdays so no such luck. I'm pretty sure it's the 31st. *nod*

Tainted Angel
08-28-2006, 07:12 PM

Is it really? Nice. Oh well, games and such are always released on tuesdays so no such luck. I'm pretty sure it's the 31st. *nod*

The 31st is a Thursday ... So no luck. (Looks at calander again.)

Madame Adequate
08-28-2006, 09:38 PM
I got my preorder in today, so hopefully I'll be sent the game at the earliest time the site can release them.

I'm kind of hoping they'll make a mistake somewhere and I'll get it a month early :D

Aqua Heart
08-29-2006, 12:09 AM
I was actually born on friday 13th (soz ad to had that in even tho it has no true relavence to the topic :D). i am 17 born on january 13th 1989, look it up, any bk on topic, yeah it wud be cool to have the FF13 released on a Friday 13th would ad a cool climax to the game and if square can pull a gd 1 out of the bag on a that day of all days lol

farplaner
08-29-2006, 08:38 AM
I was actually born on friday 13th (soz ad to had that in even tho it has no true relavence to the topic :D). i am 17 born on january 13th 1989, look it up, any bk on topic, yeah it wud be cool to have the FF13 released on a Friday 13th would ad a cool climax to the game and if square can pull a gd 1 out of the bag on a that day of all days lol

I don't car what day they release it on as long as it doesn't take another 13 years...

EDIT: I also don't care

Jessweeee♪
08-30-2006, 11:03 PM
I can't get it on Halloween!!! I have candy to retrieve!!!

Dynast-Kid
08-31-2006, 12:05 AM

Candy is more important to you than what is believed to be the greatest FF ever?

farplaner
08-31-2006, 03:02 AM

Candy is more important to you than what is believed to be the greatest FF ever?

Heh, heh. Really, you can get candy any time you want. In fact, I'm chewing on part of a ten pound Toblerone chocolate bar right now. If scientists are right, when I finish I should have a good buzz.

boys from the dwarf
08-31-2006, 06:03 PM
is this the european release date? if so. woooo!!! this is going to be the best FF in a long time and one to remember. im pretty sure it'll be among the greats like FF8 and 9 and hopefully just as good.

bipper
08-31-2006, 06:09 PM
In related news, the number of trick o treaters has dropped dramatically this year....

farplaner
09-02-2006, 12:25 AM
is this the european release date? if so. woooo!!! this is going to be the best FF in a long time and one to remember. im pretty sure it'll be among the greats like FF8 and 9 and hopefully just as good.

Not to burst your bubble, but, as far as I know, this is the US release date. The European dates are usually a few months behind.

Paul
09-02-2006, 01:26 AM
amazon.co.uk has the european date as February 23rd

Madame Adequate
09-02-2006, 01:54 AM
That's what most places currently believe it to be, or at least around that time, but I don't believe there has been anything official.

Paul
09-02-2006, 10:11 AM
i'm happy with that. i'd rather wait than end up with a buggy version.

Madame Adequate
09-02-2006, 12:46 PM
i'm happy with that. i'd rather wait than end up with a buggy version.

Meh, you might end up with extra stuff like with FFX, but... I'm not sure it's worth it.

Paul
09-02-2006, 06:44 PM
sure it is. you know every american that owns FFX now, would rather own FFX international. i'm not lacking in things to do in the meantime while i wait for it to come out.

farplaner
09-03-2006, 06:39 AM
sure it is. you know every american that owns FFX now, would rather own FFX international. i'm not lacking in things to do in the meantime while i wait for it to come out.

*:cry: laments not being able to talk about "dark aeons" and "ribbon."

Madame Adequate
09-03-2006, 01:00 PM

Fah. I got FFX when it come out in PAL territory and it was not worth the wait. This isn't to say having the extra stuff isn't nifty, of course it is. But it's not worth waiting five months to get a handful of extra bosses that 90%+ of players will probably never even beat.

Tavrobel
09-03-2006, 03:21 PM

You, sir, have NEVER met me.

rubah
09-03-2006, 07:06 PM

There will be more friday the 13ths next year.

Nifleheim7
09-05-2006, 08:14 PM

Yeah!
"Good things come to those who wait."

Paul
09-05-2006, 11:55 PM

Fah. I got FFX when it come out in PAL territory and it was not worth the wait. This isn't to say having the extra stuff isn't nifty, of course it is. But it's not worth waiting five months to get a handful of extra bosses that 90%+ of players will probably never even beat.
would you rather have a version of FF7 without emerald and ruby weapon? these are big features of the game that people still talk about now. and yet compared to FFX's extra content, FF7 only had a few things.

if america had had dark aeons, there'd be a lot more discussion about them and they'd seem a lot cooler and more interesting. you can't miss what you never have, but still. me personally, i don't mind waiting, i like extra bits and i've got other things to do in the meantime.

Madame Adequate
09-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Yeah, given that Emerald and Ruby really aren't big deals (They are absolutely nothing next to a 100% 'perfect game'), I'd rather not have waited however many extra months I had to wait to get it here in England.

The only things FFX PAL had extra was Dark Aeons, Penance, and a choice of a different sphere grid. I think one or two extra scenes as well? I don't even remember, and I've played both versions pretty extensively. Believe me, I'd rather have had the NTSC version sooner.

Also, it seems like people are thinking it's a trend to get more stuff in FF games after delays. But I don't think there have actually been different versions aside from X, soo...

Ashley Schovitz
09-06-2006, 12:09 AM
I went ahead and reserved a copy of the LE at my local gamestop. For an extra $10 I figured, "eh, what the hell."

*tries flipping all of the calendars on Earth forward to trick the distributors into releasing the game now!

$10 it was only 4 for me and it was just an honest mistake they just forgot to put the 1 beside the 3 in October 31.\ and they put XIII instead of XII during the article, but come on now they're just human too many people over react.

Dynast-Kid
09-06-2006, 03:00 AM
and they put XIII instead of XII during the article, but come on now they're just human too many people over react.

Yeah,at first I was really confused when I read that...

farplaner
09-06-2006, 04:52 PM

$10 it was only 4 for me and it was just an honest mistake they just forgot to put the 1 beside the 3 in October 31.\ and they put XIII instead of XII during the article, but come on now they're just human too many people over react.

spend that six dollars wisely... Yeah, they're just humans...who are capable of spell-checking.

Tainted Angel
09-17-2006, 03:15 AM
Paid for. I'm happy. Now I'll get the strat guide too.

I have a donut shop near the store, so I'll get it and eat while I wait!