PDA

View Full Version : irrational fears.

Jowy
08-27-2006, 09:35 PM
I've been afraid of bedbugs since I was about five and sleep on two sheets and a comforter to keep them away. And then I watched a horrifying Dateline special that said they were real and I slept on the floor for three days.

Rye
08-27-2006, 09:35 PM
I am terrified of women with man hands. ;__;

Arrianna
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't have any irrational fears. My fear of spiders is very rational (now). ;)

McLovin'
08-27-2006, 09:38 PM
The cooties are real too.

They are a type of body lice.

Moon Rabbits
08-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I've been afraid of bedbugs since I was about five and sleep on two sheets and a comforter to keep them away. And then I watched a horrifying Dateline special that said they were real and I slept on the floor for three days.

<3.

I'm afraid of bugs, heights, and bats. I wouldn't call those irrational though >|

Fuego
08-27-2006, 09:49 PM
I fear that the man in the mirror will come out and try to shave me !!

EWWW and flying Roaches !!!!!!!

Shiny
08-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, bedbugs are real but they usually don't appear unless you don't wash your sheets regularly and mantain an unkempt room. But other then that, you should have no problem. I have slight arachnophobia, but it is pretty justified. I would say my strange fear of top hats isn't though. :sweatdrop

Breine
08-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I have a stupid fear of spiders. Can't stand them for unknown reasons.. :mad:

Quindiana Jones
08-27-2006, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't call it a fear, but I really do not like little spiders. The big buggers I can stand, I mean, I've had a tarantula on my face! But the medium ones are worst. Money Spider sized and Tarantula sized are fine, but Daddy Long Legs are baaaad news!

Medi
08-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Darkness makes me curl up with fear, as well as ghosts n' other paranormal things. (I watched The X-Files too much when I was four years old)

Quindiana Jones
08-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Ah yeah. When I was younger I taught myself not to be scared of the dark by sitting in a dark room for ages. That worked. But then I watched the piano episode of...umm...can't remember the name. It had "You will beware, you're in for scare!" at the end of the tune. After that I was bloody petrified. But now I'm not. I'm a big boy.

I also have this weird irrational phobia of axe-wielding maniacs....dunno why...

Vikeve
08-27-2006, 10:31 PM
I thought bedbugs were fake just a way my parents would get me to clean my room. And now you say there real:eek:

Im afraid of loud toilets i run away form them when i flush.

Im afraid of elevaters sometimes but now ive grown out of it not completely.

Im afraid of spiders:eek: They all must die!

Sometimes although its reasonable im scrard of dogs cuz of bad circumstances ive had wiht them but there still so cute.:)

Fuego
08-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I also have this weird irrational phobia of axe-wielding maniacs....dunno why...Me too thats so funny we have that in common >.<

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-27-2006, 10:38 PM
I am terrified of clowns, they scare the hell out of me. I'm scared of hospitals too, which sucks for me as I have to go to hospital on a damn near daily basis.

Decessus
08-27-2006, 11:08 PM
I thought bedbugs were fake just a way my parents would get me to clean my room. And now you say there real:eek:
Bedbugs are small nocturnal insects that live by hematophagy, feeding on the blood of humans and other warm-blooded creatures.

daggertrepe
08-27-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm scared irrationally of flies, hospitals, and health class. I worry in health class even if we're not learning anything, lol!

Outer Heaven
08-27-2006, 11:13 PM
I have a fear of ballons...

Zeldy
08-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Daddylong legs/Craneflys

Meat Puppet
08-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm scared of talking to most people. My peers tell me this is an irrational fear.

EDIT: Oh, I am also scared of making eye contact. Thanks to Arucard and Resha for reminding me. :)

Most things related to that (like being in crowds and shaking hands) I am also scared of.

Resha
08-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Uhm...cockroaches. I'm scared of them beyond any coherent thought and rationality.

Venom
08-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Making eye contact with people is an irrational fear of mine. One that I have yet to get over.

Resha
08-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Making eye contact with people is an irrational fear of mine. One that I have yet to get over.

Oh, I have that too. I have some funny ideas in my head about eye contact and so I find it really hard to meet people's eyes when I'm nervous or when I don't know them well or sometimes -- I just can't! >:O It makes me look awfully shifty I bet.

Vikeve
08-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Bedbugs are small nocturnal insects that live by hematophagy, feeding on the blood of humans and other warm-blooded creatures.

Thats just freaky ive gotta clean my room!

I am terrified of clowns, they scare the hell out of me. I'm scared of hospitals too, which sucks for me as I have to go to hospital on a damn near daily basis.

You should be scared there evil!

Zeromus_X
08-28-2006, 12:14 AM
I'm deadly afraid of all manner of insects and spiders.

Decessus
08-28-2006, 12:17 AM

You should be scared there evil!
You honestly think this sweet thing could be evil?
http://www.theimaginaryworld.com/bell12.jpg

Hambone
08-28-2006, 01:06 AM
My stepfather talking to me when I have to help him do something. I absoloutley dread it.

daggertrepe
08-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Uhm...cockroaches. I'm scared of them beyond any coherent thought and rationality.

Hehe...why don't you go on fear factor? :rolleyes2

Vikeve
08-28-2006, 01:45 AM
Decessus clowns are evil they want to take over the world and behind that make up on that clown lies a cruel depressed cold blooded murderer! I can see it in the eyes!

And resha should not just go on fear factor but the grossed out version XD.

BardTard
08-28-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm terrified of dinosaurs. Everytime I watch a Jurassic Park movie I have dreams about talking dinosaurs chasing me. :crying:

Madame Adequate
08-28-2006, 01:49 AM
I am incredibly afraid of zombies, beyond any remote sense.

Vikeve
08-28-2006, 02:33 AM

LOOK OUT THERES A ZOMBIE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!.............or maybe not or maybe THERE IS! or not but just admit it you looked behind you just to be safe. So you want to be a wise guy and say you didn't thats to bad cuz there is one behind you.....realy....im seriouse.....you better turn around........he's gonna get you....... you say he's not there cuz zombies can read they saw me warn you he's hiding in your closet.............................. wait....sorry i forgot i cant see you thats just a reflection of my computer.....a reflection...OMG someone save me theres a zombie in my closet..hes eating my brain my only hope is this thread. Brains....brains.....i want to eat brains give me yours.

Miriel
08-28-2006, 02:52 AM
I have a insane phobia of birds.

And I dislike it when people ask me to explain why I'm so afraid of them. Hello, it's an irrational fear, I can't rationalize it.

Kain Strife
08-28-2006, 03:42 AM
I have a pretty irrational fear of the sea. Not the tide, and I can go in the sea to where it's around waist height, but really far into the sea I often wonder what's out there...

Another one is hot/beautiful women, but I think i'm more intimidated than scared.

nik0tine
08-28-2006, 04:45 AM
What is a bed bug?

Moon Rabbits
08-28-2006, 05:05 AM

So does my brother. But he seriously is. He made a zombie survival kit, even. And it wasn't even a joke.

Del Snizz
08-28-2006, 05:36 AM

So does my brother. But he seriously is. He made a zombie survival kit, even. And it wasn't even a joke.
Good for him. It's important to be prepared for the imminent zombie apocalypse.

Araciel
08-28-2006, 06:53 AM
hah zombie apocalypse...anyway, irrational fears are cool...like that girl who is afraid of pickles, or the woman who is afraid of olives, it just serves to show how complex the human brain is and i think it's great. i think most people have a mild arachnnphobia, or fear of other creepy crawlies, since all insects and spiders look so alien and are so small that it's hard to see what they are up to, they can sneak into any part of your house even if it's airtight, and some are poisonous...but hey it's up to you to call it irrational

Yuffie514
08-28-2006, 07:31 AM
there is a small gap behind my bedpost which my bed cannot cover, so i use stuffed animals to block off pests from running up my arms while i'm asleep...

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2006, 11:37 AM

I think you'll find they feed on the flakes of dead skin that come off your body. They reside in your mattress for the reason that a lot of your skin flakes off whilst you sleep.

~SapphireStar~
08-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Spiders, mess and being alone. Seriously the thought of being alone forever does scare me.

Madame Adequate
08-28-2006, 12:46 PM

I analyse pretty much every situation I'm in for possible zombie attacks. Fotunately I can hang onto reality just enough to not be in a constant state of perperation, but I'm still pretty paranoid about it =/

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-28-2006, 12:47 PM
The mentally disabled. Seriously, I can't stand them.

Christmas
08-28-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm afraid of breathing, so I hardly breathe. :(

Vikeve
08-28-2006, 06:24 PM

I analyse pretty much every situation I'm in for possible zombie attacks. Fotunately I can hang onto reality just enough to not be in a constant state of perperation, but I'm still pretty paranoid about it =/

yeah well thanks to you people i am a zombie:(

Omnislash07
08-28-2006, 07:02 PM
i have an irrational fear of being accidentally sent to a mental asylum, dont know why

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm afraid of breathing, so I hardly breathe. :(

*dies*

Dell
08-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Insects (Except for ant).

I could have swear that I scream everytime I see an insect.

Mirage
08-30-2006, 11:13 AM
I have a few fears, but they are not irrational. I used to be a bit afraid of the dark, but not anymore. Fear of the dark can actually be a bit rational too, I think.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
08-30-2006, 11:18 AM
I can't stand crowds. Too many people make me freak out. But I don't think that's irrational..

ljkkjlcm9
08-30-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm sure someone saw the Maury show with people afraid of weird things. INCLUDING, Mustard, Pickles, and Peaches...

THE JACKEL