PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Game

Comet
08-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Everyone rate the game and write the good points and what could be improved.

My opinion:
9.1/10

Good Points: Very good storyline prefectly made sense, great music which matches the mood, characters all have different personalities, understandable battle system

Bad Ponts: Graphics weren't too good even though they didn't bother me too much. The translations ('This guy is sick') etc...

Zeromus_X
08-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Uh...8/10? Don't have anything to complain about. I would have liked it if the translation team wasn't so lazy...of course, nothing will compared to FFT in terms of that...

I would have liked it to be longer, of course, but I could say that about alot of the games. :cat:

It has my Kitten Sith!! :D :cat:

Goldenboko
08-28-2006, 12:18 AM
9/10 (FFVII should feel proud 9 is the highest rating I give)

Not much I could complain about except how easy it was the great materia even made Ruby and Emerald easy (kotr is sick!)
But the storyline was sound, (preparing to be bashed by FFVI fans) great villian, materia system ruled... I could go on why I enjoyed the game third Favorite RPG ever...
My Top Three
FFIX
FFIV
FFVII
Although I'm waiting to get Crono Trigger, FFV, and FFVI for my ps1 so that list may change soon (1 1/2 weeks and counting!)

Garn the Red
08-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Your asking us to rate the best selling playstation game of all time?

Madame Adequate
08-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Pretty sure the highest selling PS game was Gran Turismo, with FFVII in second.

Honestly, on a scale of 1 to 10, I have to give it a 10. The problem is this scale is somewhat limited, and there are variations within each one. For example, Suikoden II would also get a 10, but it's a better game.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-28-2006, 02:15 AM
7/10: Basically a decent cRPG

Good Points:

• Generally decent characters with an acceptable level of depth.
• Story line gets the job done, although nothing special.
• Gameplay is generally pretty good, with a great deal of flexibility
• Length is decent
• Some genuinely entertaining side quests.
• Interesting Antagonist
• Fairly well designed background art.
• Decent quests/dungeons/missions
• Decent FMVs for it’s time
• Music is decent, despite the use of MIDI format.

Bad points:

• Graphics have aged terribly
• Worst translation since FFII: US
• Some characters are fairly unoriginal/boring
• Most characters stop receiving character development after disk 1.
• Materia system is very abusable, especially towards the end of the game.
• Many plot points are either left completely unexplained or receive ambiguous explanations.
• Really doesn’t show many invigorations plot and gameplay wise over its predecessor, FFVI.
• Many boss/enemy designs are fairly boring.
• Optional bosses can be easily defeated by abusing a notoriously overpower summon.
• Quality dramatically decreases once you leave Midgar.

Aralith
08-28-2006, 02:18 AM
10/10! This game freaking rocked. (preparing for the onslaught) In my opinion the best game in the series, if not of all time (really preparing now!). The storyline was great, the characters were all sound with background info to tell you where they're coming from, plot twists were well placed, graphics were amazing for the time it was created in (this is where the term "in-game movie" was first used), gameplay could have been better but was still pretty good, the extras in it were pretty challenging (I thought), and yes, the Materia system rocked! Overall, exceptional game.

Goldenboko
08-28-2006, 02:22 AM
• Quality dramatically decreases once you leave Midgar.
Strange I hated Midgar but liked the rest of the game

But I will say Airath you give the game too much credit.

Have you played FFIV because that game has actual challenging challenges (I can't wait till I get Cronicles FFIV is much harder according to my friend and I just can't wait for the challenge!)

Aralith
08-28-2006, 02:30 AM
Actually, I have played IV (haven't beaten it, but meh) and I still like VII better. I don't know what you mean by the sidequests not being challenging. I still haven't beaten Ruby Weapon. I hate that beotch! It just won't die! Anyways, plus if you try to do the Golden Chocobo sidequest early on it can be very hard to get all that money together.

Goldenboko
08-28-2006, 02:37 AM
Ruby and Emerald both have very easy solutions and if you're good enough you can even do this... AW CRAP youtube isn't working so I can't show you the level 1 Yuffie with 10 health defeat Ruby WEAPON but I will once youtube is back... (Crazely) you'll see, YOU'LL ALL SEE!

Oh and I didn't beat him at level 1 I just found it on youtube :cry: And the Golden Chocobo isn't hard for me! I just jump into the game! Lol.
No but seroiusly Golden Chocobo is really just time consuming.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-28-2006, 02:39 AM
FFVI, not FFIV. I consider FFIV to be a cliché, boring RPG that has so little going for it it simply isn't worth playing in this day and age.

Also, Ruby Weapon is incredibly easy if you have the right Materia. And by right Materia I mean Hades, Knights of the Round, W-Summon (optional if both Hades and KOTR are level 2) and Mime.

Aralith
08-28-2006, 02:48 AM
Oh, VI. VI is pretty fun. I only got about half way through it, and if there were any FF that was better than VII, VI would definitely be it. I really need to go and just beat it, so that way I can really compare the two.

Goldenboko
08-28-2006, 02:54 AM
FFVI, not FFIV. I consider FFIV to be a cliché, boring RPG that has so little going for it it simply isn't worth playing in this day and age. .

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh... no... you... didn't!
Supressing urge to kill!
lol
Seroiusly FFIV is a great game... I will not stand for this!

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-28-2006, 03:13 AM
I honestly don't know why people like that game so much. I'm sure it seemed decent enough when it first came out (namely because most people hadn't played FFIIIj) but out of the 3 SNES FF games, FFIV is the only one where I can't think of a single characteristic that hasn't been improved upon in later games.

Goldenboko
08-28-2006, 03:19 AM
Its a great game peroid not getting into more then that.

Aralith
08-28-2006, 03:20 AM
For example, characters staying dead. It seemed like everyone came back in IV. And the new one was even worse about it! How the f*** did Yang survive?!?!?!?!?! He freaking blew up!!!

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-28-2006, 03:23 AM
To be fair, contrived character deaths that only serve to add superficial 'depth' to the game had been a trend since FFII. The fact that they didn't actually die was only mildly more annoying.

Goldenboko
08-28-2006, 03:28 AM
That is the only part I didn't like... but other then that the game was great... better then FFVII. I liked the plot twist with Golbez, the ending was supurb except some people should be dead, although Edward, Polom, and Porom all should be alive, I agreed with that. And the battling was very fun, a bit easy in the GBA version, that's why I'm waiting for Cronicles to arrive...

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-28-2006, 01:29 PM
9/10
Battle system was excellent
characters, bosses, places were interesting
Music was good

Problem - takes too long to get to lv 99

BizarroSephiroth
08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
9.9/10

Excellent game, my favorite eva! If it had even X-2 graphics, anything better than what they already have, like X or X-2 graphics would give it a 10

Raebus
08-28-2006, 02:04 PM
7/10

It's good but not great, or the best ever. I didnt find myself getting attached to most of the characters and sephiroph was just an okay villain. One of the main reasons for the score is that it hasnt aged well and seems slow now. The story and SOME of the music kept the whole game together but not enough to give it a higher score than 7. It's just a good game to me.