PDA

View Full Version : Collecting butterflies. Any easier/cheating ways?

Tainted Angel
08-28-2006, 12:52 AM
What the title says. I've played up to the forest, but I'm stuck because some smuck won't let me use the 'shortcuts'. (I do know the basic map, since I've finished X-2 as it was a mostly minigame free game. Or the games were easier.)

rubah
08-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Memorize the map. Of butterflies.

This isn't as refined as the pages out of Ultimania that CB! had scanned, but it should do the work http://www.ffuniverse.nu/ff10/pic/karta_butterflies1.jpg
http://www.ffuniverse.nu/ff10/pic/karta_butterflies2.jpg

Hit the dots, and practice which way to go around the dark ones. It'll become reflex, and second nature to 'go infront of this one, behind this one' etc

The most difficult part of the first half will definitely be the top loop of the second screen. Also remember that if you walk out of the butterfly catching area, you have to walk all the way back xD

I dunno where a map of the north area is.

chocobo rider2
08-29-2006, 01:19 AM
The map is a definite help for me, I'll give it a shot ... I am colorblind, so this red/blue thing isn't the simplest challenge for me :-(

chocobo rider2
08-30-2006, 03:34 AM
What's up with these dang butterflies cheating? I don't know how many times I've aimed square between the two red ones prior to the last stretch, neither one touches me, but smash, I'm in battle and no blue butterfly treasure for me .... how do you get through these 3 when no matter which path you take, you end up in conflict??

farplaner
08-30-2006, 07:00 AM
What's up with these dang butterflies cheating? I don't know how many times I've aimed square between the two red ones prior to the last stretch, neither one touches me, but smash, I'm in battle and no blue butterfly treasure for me .... how do you get through these 3 when no matter which path you take, you end up in conflict??

Despite the fact that you probably have working vision (and despite color blindness) the actual positions of the butterflies are difficult to discern.

One thing that might help is paying attention, when you get to those trouble spots, of where you have tried to walk before; that way you know where not to walk. If you can manage to run the "gauntlet" in about the same time each time you will know exactly what position each offending butterfly occupies, and that way you can avoid them. I hope that helps, though I have a feeling it won't...

Helios
08-31-2006, 11:20 AM
After doing that "minigame"(incidentally, games are ment to be fun :mad: ) I have decided that Kimarhi is not worth all the effort....Nor is Lulu