PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate KH2 Training FAQ! *Spoilers*

Lawr
08-28-2006, 08:57 AM
The Ultimate KH2 Training FAQ!
Ok. I decided to make a Faq that will help you train
your Basic level and your Drive levels (Including Summons.)

Lets start with your normal Level. If your around the Level 50-60ish area, then you'll be able to easily use my strategy (Thats usually the only point where you have to train anyway.)

Training Your Basic Level

Suggested Requirements. (Remember, these are Suggested. *cough*Tavrobel*cough*)
-Gull Wing (Key Chain.)
-Experience Boost (Ability.)
-Defender (Ability.)
-Berserk Charge (Ability.)
-Magnega (Magic.)
-Pretty Good Attack
-Pretty Good Defense

To start off, If I'm correct, you'll have to have already defeated the
Gigantic Heartless in the Pride Lands.

Now, go over to Pride Rock and enter the Stone Hollow to save your game.

Un-equip Donald Cure off of Donald, and remove all Hp restoring items from both Donald and Goofy if you gave them any.

Leave towards the Savannah but only move a few yards forward until that big blue Rhino type Heartless appears. It will most likely use a cheap spinning attack. Let it use that on you until you have that annoying beeping sound playing and your Hp is low.

Quickly leave towards the King's Den and up to the Peak. Go to the center of the Peak and keep casting Magnega, but use it only when the previous one disappears, to save your Mp.

When you are on Mp Charge or you can't use Magnega anymore, start attacking without locking on to any Heartless. If you have Berserk Charge equipped, make sure you are on Mp Charge. If you are, as soon as you hit a Heartless keep tapping the Square button. (Make sure you have Gullwing equipped.)

If I'm correct, you should be getting a nice 165 Exp per Heartless, which increases your level fast.

If you end up killing all of the Heartless, simply go into the Den and return to the Peak, they'll be waiting :cool:.

If you put this strategy to good use, you can eventually reach Level 99, even on Proud Mode. (Like me.) You'll also be able to thrash in the Paradox Cups at the Olympus Coliseum world.

I'll post another Faq on Valor Training as soon as I see some posts.

*All text below this line is Updated.*

Suggested Requirements.
-Low Strength Keychain.

For optimal effectiveness, Try this after you fight the 1000 Heartless. You can use this strategy before that though.

Go over to The Radiant Garden(Hollow Bastion) and enter Merlin's House, to save your game.

Then go to Customize on th menu and switch Donald to 'Sora Attack'.

Now, leave Merlin's House and enter the Borough. ransform into Valor Form and kill as many Heartless as you can without leaving the Borough and keeping your Drive Gauge above 0. When it reaches about 1, depending on your distance, run back to Merlin's House and leave the World. Then come back and repeat. This won't take that long and is effecient.

Suggested Requirements.
-At least one Finishing Plus.(Ability.)

To use this strategy you'll have to be able to access 'The World That Never Was'.

Access the Alley to Between and save your game.

Customize Goofy to 'Sora Attack' from the Main Menu.

Enter the 'Fragment Crossing' and Transform into Wisdom Form. Don't leave the large space right after the alley. Kill as many Heartless Shadows as you can until your Drive Gauge reaches 1 then go back to the Alley, leave the World That Never Was. Go back and repeat. This might take slightly longer than Valor Form because Wisdom doesn't do as much damage, and your Drive Gauge lowers with every attack.

Suggested Requirements.
-Negative Combo.(Ability or Keychain.)
-Draw.(Ability.)
-Draw Ring.(Accessory.)

You can use this strategy any time you have free access to The Land of Dragons.

Go to the base of the mountain (This place has snow and is burned down.) and save your game.

Go towards the mountain or the cave.

Kill the Heartless as fast as you can in the cave and make sure you collect every Drive Orb you see. If your Gauge reaches 1 just leave and Exit the Land of Dragons come back and repeat. If you used the Mountain, Stay close to the area from where you came unless you have a Gauge of 5 or more. (To be on the safe side.) Kill all the Heartless and proceed cautiously, collecting all Drive Orbs. If your Drive Gauge runs low go to the Save point and leave the world. Repeat until you are satisfied. This might be the fastest training for your Drive.

Suggested Requirements
-Strong Keychains.

You can use this strategy as soon as you have access to the 'Twilight's View' save point at 'The World That Never Was.'

Go to the Save point(^) and save your game. If you worked your way there, leave the World and come back.

Leave towards the direction previously from that. (The opposite direction of where you fight Xigbar.)
Kill all of the Nobodies here. I recommend just using Blizzaga on everything.

Keep proceeding out and killing Nobodies. If your gauge runs low go to the Save Point and leave the world. Repeat.

Tavrobel
08-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Yeah, this wasn't really a FAQ, more of a guide that exploits the exploits of a game's innate system. There's no actual questions that are answered, except for the assumable, which wouldn't actually be a question.

Also, what would you do if you did not have your requirements? Would it be impossible? Who exactly are you referring to, those who want to go further with the game than normal, or just those that want to beat the game? What about lower levels? This isn't exactly one of Shads' "Guide to completely Pwn Sephiroth" (NO SHADS NO DO NOT POST ANOTHER LINK TO THAT PLEASE), where it's supposed to provide provisions for those that desire to go further, as opposed to general tips and tricks to something that everyone needs to do (which is what this is, essentially).

I'll post another Faq on Valor Training as soon as I see some posts.

Translation: "I'll post something useful when someone else who knows what he's doing does it in detail (usually Tavrobel) for some random newb that has no idea what he doing in the game, OR that I don't feel like double posting, which is what people usually do when they need to update something without attachments, because my EDIT button is broken."

Also, you mentioned a Drives guide. Where is it? If this is a work in progress, you should note that. I came in here expecting to solve all of my (meaning other people's problems) EXP gaining problems (which don't really need solving). If you can't write a solution for something you want to solve (Valor), then you should find it out yourself, as opposed to waiting for someone else to do it. Or you could go dig up the KH forums archives for what seems like millions of my posts (and related posts, such as SeeDRankLou's) about Valor/Wisdom/Master/Final/Anti.

Anyways, suffice it to say, that Valor gains EXP by total strikes of a Keyblade (one EXP per strike). I find little strategy in that except to use it in a boss battle (which is its own strategy) and beat the crap out of the boss for endless hits. Occam's Razor, please.

On the bright side, I'll see if shiva wants anything like this for the frontsite (when finished).

Lawr
08-29-2006, 08:58 PM
You just can't let me have glory can you? The drives aren't a work in progress. I can post any and all of them now if you want me to.

And I hope you know that after you use it on a 'boss' you have to recharge your gauge. I know what I'm doing.

*edit*
I'll just update the post and add all of the Drive Forms and Summons now.

Tavrobel
08-29-2006, 10:06 PM
In terms of pure EXP gained, fighting a boss is the best way to level up Valor. It's simply becomes limited; but as I said before, it is the only viable option for low levelers, which you seem to have completely omitted (whether or not as is your intention, it does say ULTIMATE at the top; ultimate includes ALL.

Master: It's faster to level up in either Hollow Bastion/Space Paranoids. You also maximize the chance of dropping Elixirs in Space Paranoids. Don't argue - I've gone and timed this, Hollow Bastion/Space Paranoids Heartless hunting goes much faster than Land of Dragons. Where's Jackpot? Elemental Boosts would be more useful for Wisdom than Finishing Plus, and Combo Pluses would work wonders on Valor.

Where's Summon (which shouldn't involve actual strategy, but I'd like to see it)?

As far as glory goes, it's a completely thankless job; I'm here to ensure that you don't delude yourself into thinking you get actual recognition for it, as I've done this once before, just not formally. I think the last time I ever heard someone say "thanks" was from Samuraid. Four months ago.

Lawr
08-31-2006, 12:55 AM
Because we've been here longer than you, we know what we're doing.