PDA

View Full Version : Question about levels

scrumpleberry
08-28-2006, 08:07 PM
I started playing 7 yesterday, and I've just left Midgar. What level should I be before I reach Kalm?

And can I get Yuffie yet?

(Sorry if this isn't important enough to be a thread of its own, but I'm horribly obsessed with not being under-levelled, and I couldn't find anywhere that had reccomended levels.)

finalfantasyguy4ever
08-28-2006, 08:17 PM
ur still early in the game the lvs that u leave midgar with are fine, train when u get around fort condor so you will be lv up for the new continent. u cant get yuffie tilll u finish the first cave the one across the swamp. whatever lv u are on is fine if u have trouble beating enemies then train if u want but i think ur good

Flying Mullet
08-28-2006, 08:21 PM
If you can comfortably beat the baddies, then you're at the right level. And you won't be able to get Yuffie until you get through the Mythril Mine/Cave and reach Fort Condor(a couple of hours ahead of you).

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-28-2006, 08:37 PM
yeh u cant get yuffie til u get thru mythril mine. wen ve been thru head back in to get all ur limits easily (i trust u know how to do that!?) its well worth the effort

sephirothishere
08-29-2006, 12:27 PM
i think i was at about 20 or 25 i cant remember....i had alot of time on my hands

ScottNUMBERS
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
There's no such thing as being "Under leveled" in my eyes. Here's a guide to avoid "Under leveled-ness".

Go through the game, enjoy it. If you get defeated it's time to level up.

Although I find it's much more fun to rethink a strategy than level up.

Dreddz
08-29-2006, 09:03 PM
The best thing to do is go through the game at your own pace, but never run from battles.

Omega weapon123
08-29-2006, 10:28 PM
true never run from battles but ur fine and if the monsters are killing u, train till u get stronger than u were, oh and get everything u need(for example materia,weapons,items,armor,etc.) thats how i got my levels

Sefie1999AD
08-29-2006, 11:08 PM
I think I was on levels 15-20+ when I got to Kalm. As long as you can defeat the enemies you face without major difficulties, you should be fine. :) I think you need to go through the Mythril Cave before you can get Yuffie. Try fighting around in the forests near Junon.

Zeromus_X
08-30-2006, 05:17 AM
You'll probably be in the early teens by the time you exit Midgar. Don't worry, you'll have a slightly irritating-the-third-time-through-the-game flashback to keep you company. :cat:

boys from the dwarf
08-30-2006, 08:52 AM
if you go through the game without running from battles (which is what i always do on FF.) your usually at a comfortable level that will suit whatever boss you come to. if you do this you may have a few difficulties but nothing that cant be solved by better strategies and slight leveling. if you do this you should end up at about level 50 before the end of the game. you can beat the first disk by being about level 25 ish (maybe a little lower.) im sure theres a guide on gameFaQs that gives you reccomended levels.

scrumpleberry
08-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Wow, thanks for all your help!

I'll try to be around level 25 for the end of disc one.

Crossblades
08-30-2006, 03:31 PM
After going through the Mythril Mines, go to any forest to encounter a random battle against Yuffie

sephirothishere
08-30-2006, 04:29 PM
maybe before you finish disc one you should go to junon and get to an area called 'junon path' and push the red box thing....i think you have to wait until after you have gone to costa del sol or something...i dunno...but basically its a good idea cuz strong monsters flood the area and give good exp

redxiiii
08-31-2006, 02:24 AM
i think i was at about 20 or 25 i cant remember....i had alot of time on my hands

Woah 20 to 25:eek: all my chars were either 16 or 17 an i did jus fine with those levels.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-31-2006, 10:12 AM
Above level 15 it´s easy to get to Costa del Sol if i remember correctly my highest level character was Cloud at level 24 the others were in level 21 or 22. I caught Yuffie in the big woods near those mountains it took a bit to get her but it was worth it so she could start growing materia.

Madame Adequate
08-31-2006, 01:00 PM
I may... I may be overleveled. I'm just heading to the last areas of disc one, up north... Cloud is level 60.

(And that flashback scene is slightly irritating on the third viewing. Try the twenty-first. You'll be begging to skip it.)

aerithsloveslave
08-31-2006, 03:27 PM
I may... I may be overleveled. I'm just heading to the last areas of disc one, up north... Cloud is level 60.

(And that flashback scene is slightly irritating on the third viewing. Try the twenty-first. You'll be begging to skip it.)

I would say so! :eek: I was almost ready to face Sephiroth at that level (I was at level 65).

sephirothishere
08-31-2006, 04:47 PM
hey there...i think i was about 60 at the end of disc 1.....i think cloud was higher though...probably about 70....if you do the button pushin thing in junon its easy to level up...i didnt level up a whole lot after that though...i think i did some more levelin in that part off gaeas cliff right before you fight that 2 headed dude...and there is that pond that restores hp+mp...then i leveled up in gelnika a little....and was at 80 by disc 3....i had to do the magic pots thing in northern cave to level up to 99 with all my characters then..... but i dont think there is such a thing as being over levelled or under levelled....jus do what you feel like...i felt like completin everythin in the game....not the first time but the second time i did...it was more fun i thought to level up really high...but kinda boring...do what you want in short....

G3ORGE
08-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Im like lv 32 at the temple of the aincients to me that seems low but im not sure can someone please tell me the average of what i should be around this point?

Flying Mullet
08-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Why is everyone so obsessed about their levels? If you're getting your ass kicked then you need more levels.

There's no "correct" level to be at and I never understood why people flail about when they can't check their level against some type of guide or benchmark.

MasterX
09-01-2006, 03:31 AM
The first time I played through Final Fantasy 7, I found that the leisurely little walk to Kalm was merely a leisurely little walk as I had expected from a leisurely little walk. Levels do not matter, but tell yourself that you need to level up like all hell and you will level up insanely, thus having the potential to slaughter boss after boss with ease. And I mean just by attacking them. Get everyone's Limit Breaks first; killing enemies until you have the first limit from each Limit Level and use every Limit a certain number of times until you learn the rest, and look up your local game walkthrough site to confirm where and how to get the 4th Limits.

Lesson Three: Always train to an extent!

~Fin~

Zeromus_X
09-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Why is everyone so obsessed about their levels? If you're getting your ass kicked then you need more levels.

There's no "correct" level to be at and I never understood why people flail about when they can't check their level against some type of guide or benchmark.

And don't forget, they can also think of a strategy instead of mindless power leveling. :cat: :)

:( I...don't know if I could play FFVII that many times. xD :cat:

Distain
09-01-2006, 01:33 PM
I always spend like an extra 10-20 mins in each area lvling for FF games. Doing this with FF7, I ended up around lvl 75-80 at the final boss. Just walk leasurly through the levles instead of bee lining to the exit and you'l be fine.