PDA

View Full Version : Death

Venom
08-28-2006, 10:51 PM
The band Death to be more specific. Anyway awesome band I just discovered. So does anyone else like Death?

Lack Of Comprehension. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX2SwGtUa24)

The Philosopher. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtWa_DCi_8M&mode=related&search=)

:rolleyes2 Death songs.

Pure Strife
08-28-2006, 11:01 PM
I've been a fan for a few years. Only death metal band I'm really into, their album Human was very impressive. Technical, a little bit progressive, and very very riff-based. Good stuff.

Venom
08-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Have you listened to there Album "Symbolic"? That one is my favorite at the moment.

NorthernChaosGod
08-29-2006, 02:05 AM
Leprosy FTW!

Known about them for quite some years now. Very, very good band. :cool:

Crushed Hope
08-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Good but horrificly overrated.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
never heard of them

NorthernChaosGod
08-29-2006, 07:49 PM

How are they overrated? Only the most knowledgeable or hardcore of death metal fans even know about them. At least where I come from.

Crushed Hope
08-30-2006, 04:04 PM

How are they overrated? Only the most knowledgeable or hardcore of death metal fans even know about them. At least where I come from.

Haha wrong.

Every person even slightly into the underground knows about Death. They are one of the biggest Death metal bands ever, everyone truely in the metal scene, not the OMG MAIDEN PRIEST METALLICA people, knows of them. And they suck Chuck's proverbial musical wang as if it were god itself.

When all he really was was a good musician who made decent music.

Shoden
08-30-2006, 08:06 PM

Haha wrong.

Every person even slightly into the underground knows about Death. They are one of the biggest Death metal bands ever, everyone truely in the metal scene, not the OMG MAIDEN PRIEST METALLICA people, knows of them. And they suck Chuck's proverbial musical wang as if it were god itself.

I don't mean to be horrible here but you say that just about every metal band is over rated at some point in metal band threads.

I never even heard of Death until Arucard gave me a link to a song on youtube. I'm not a death metal lover but I've heard of D-metal bands before, people in chat rooms and forums speak about bands and such and to tell the truth I never heard of death til Arucard's link 2 weeks ago. He says he hasn't been a fan for very long but now he's obsessed with them. Yeah it's your opinion, people will obviously get pissed at it, others wont. Shame Chuck died at such an early point. The band's been split since 99 and chuck died in 02 or 04, cannot remember. If only I could understand the words maybes I could of liked this band. Like I said, i aint a fan, I only came in the thread because Arucard bitched me on MSN to post here. So someone give 'im a smack for me.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2006, 09:17 PM

Haha wrong.

Haha, WRONG! Read the bold part again.

Crushed Hope
08-31-2006, 04:44 PM
That doesn't prevent them from being overrated NCG, being unknown to the average person doesn't make them unknown to the average metalhead, who are the people always saying they are amazing, then frankly they are simply average.

I say the bands that people here know of, aside from jrgen, and discuss are overrated, because they are the entry level bands to metal that so few people move past to find the better bands, the truely great bands worth listening to. When you look at the metal world from the perspective that I do, you come to realize there are better bands getting less attention out there, such as Sanctuary (Warrel Dane's second band) ... who got next to no attention, where as Nevermore (Warrel Dane's big and third band) gets so much attention that it is rediculous really. Compare Iron Maiden to Angel Witch and you will be wondering why Angel Witch didn't hit it big, listen to Artillery and then Metallica and Megadeth are suddenly worthless. Upon hearing Brimstone there is no longer a need for Children of Bodom. The point is, the bands I call overrated I call that only because they are not as good as everyone claims them to be, and there are simply much better bands out there. It isn't an elitist thing, it is something that comes from listen to more metal than the average "LAWL RAWR MAIDEN PRIEST METALLICA" types.

I don't see how you couldn't understand their vocals either, Chuck has one of the most comprehensible death growls ever on the early releases, then when you get to Symbolic and The Sound of Perseverance the vocals are totally understandable, just a bit "raspy." They are nothing like say, Benighted's vocals where even I have a hard time understanding them.

NorthernChaosGod
09-01-2006, 09:48 AM
That doesn't prevent them from being overrated NCG, being unknown to the average person doesn't make them unknown to the average metalhead, who are the people always saying they are amazing, then frankly they are simply average.

I say the bands that people here know of, aside from jrgen, and discuss are overrated, because they are the entry level bands to metal that so few people move past to find the better bands, the truely great bands worth listening to. When you look at the metal world from the perspective that I do, you come to realize there are better bands getting less attention out there, such as Sanctuary (Warrel Dane's second band) ... who got next to no attention, where as Nevermore (Warrel Dane's big and third band) gets so much attention that it is rediculous really. Compare Iron Maiden to Angel Witch and you will be wondering why Angel Witch didn't hit it big, listen to Artillery and then Metallica and Megadeth are suddenly worthless. Upon hearing Brimstone there is no longer a need for Children of Bodom. The point is, the bands I call overrated I call that only because they are not as good as everyone claims them to be, and there are simply much better bands out there. It isn't an elitist thing, it is something that comes from listen to more metal than the average "LAWL RAWR MAIDEN PRIEST METALLICA" types.

I don't see how you couldn't understand their vocals either, Chuck has one of the most comprehensible death growls ever on the early releases, then when you get to Symbolic and The Sound of Perseverance the vocals are totally understandable, just a bit "raspy." They are nothing like say, Benighted's vocals where even I have a hard time understanding them.
I was talking about the average metalhead, non-metalheads don't count. But touche my good sir.