PDA

View Full Version : Worst Game You Ever Loved

Ryth
08-28-2006, 11:59 PM
What game was quite flawed and should've been seen poor or average if it wasn't for some sort of innovation or charm and story, or whatever was there to make you love it.

That game, for me, was Disaster Report, the graphics and animation were terrible, the acting was iffy, and the game was short. I loved it because, while short, it was different from any other games and had different endings, the gameplay was also different from anything I had played, the aspect of a sinking island hit by earthquakes and all was intriguing to me and I had fun despite it's downsides. Definitely the worst game I ever loved.

I Took the Red Pill
08-29-2006, 12:04 AM
I shouldn't have liked Space Jam but oh God, I did.

Rocket Edge
08-29-2006, 12:15 AM
I'd say maybe Spyro, i loved them. But i think that wasnt really a bad game to start out with..

Shiny
08-29-2006, 12:26 AM
Rugrats. :eep: I was very young! Leave me alone...

Auragaea
08-29-2006, 12:33 AM
I'd say maybe Spyro, i loved them. But i think that wasnt really a bad game to start out with..

Nah. Spyro was a good game for its time, and is one of my favorite games. The only crappy thing about it was its nonexistant storyline. The graphics were decent and the music was sub-par (Alpine Ridge and Lofty Castle FTW :p).

I also happened to like Rugrats, but I can't find the disc anywhere :(

Shoeberto
08-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, in that 1) I was excited to be getting it and 2) I earnestly tried to work my way through it and more-or-less enjoyed the experience.

It was fouth grade, but still.

Dreddz
08-29-2006, 01:08 AM
That game, for me, was Disaster Report, the graphics and animation were terrible, the acting was iffy, and the game was short. I loved it because, while short, it was different from any other games and had different endings, the gameplay was also different from anything I had played, the aspect of a sinking island hit by earthquakes and all was intriguing to me and I had fun despite it's downsides. Definitely the worst game I ever loved.

Diaster Report is a great game, how could you say such a thing.

I liked Auto Modellista, alot. When admittedly, it was a bad game. I guess it was the visuals that won me over :(

Ryth
08-29-2006, 01:09 AM

Diaster Report is a great, how could you say such a thing.

I liked Auto Modellista, alot. When admittedly, it was a bad game. I guess it was the visuals that won me over :(

I think it is great, just has more flaws than most games. Glad to see another fan though.

Jowy
08-29-2006, 01:12 AM
Fun fact: Disaster Report has trance vibrator support. ;)

Everyone else I know hates Rez, but once I start playing I'll be foaming at the mouth and be permanently gripped on the controller by the time I finished it.

Ryth
08-29-2006, 01:42 AM
I heard that DR could use the vibrator pad, but since I don't actually own Rez or anything the pad comes with, and only played a demo of it (for hours), I didn't get to use it. That demo was amazing fun, I want to buy Rez.

Araciel
08-29-2006, 01:44 AM
rez??? is that about native americans?

anyway i don't think i have a secret shame game....all of my favs are widely loved by many people, which doesn't make them intrinsically well-made, but it does make them good somehow...so i dunno

Rocket Edge
08-29-2006, 01:50 AM

Nah. Spyro was a good game for its time, and is one of my favorite games. The only crappy thing about it was its nonexistant storyline. The graphics were decent and the music was sub-par (Alpine Ridge and Lofty Castle FTW :p)
Wow i can't believe you remember them. I loved the Rocky Cavern level on world 2 of the first Spyro. I lost those disc's unfortunatly. :mad:

PS: Remember the level Dr. Shemp.. :p

DK
08-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Everyone else I know hates Rez, but once I start playing I'll be foaming at the mouth and be permanently gripped on the controller by the time I finished it.

Hell no, Rez is awesome. D:

KentaRawr!
08-29-2006, 02:04 AM

Bad Dudes.

White Raven
08-29-2006, 02:14 AM
Pokemon Snap...

:)

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Star Wars Episode I: Pod Racing.

Vikeve
08-29-2006, 02:16 AM
I love that crapy pacman world rally game dont ask if you play witha friend the game can be fun Mrs pacman is the best!

I loved spyro it was an important part of my childhood the 3 one is the best but now the game sucks!

I loved that video game called Orphan when really that game sucks!

Ryth
08-29-2006, 02:30 AM
I love that crapy pacman world rally game dont ask if you play witha friend the game can be fun Mrs pacman is the best!

I loved spyro it was an important part of my childhood the 3 one is the best but now the game sucks!

I loved that video game called Orphan when really that game sucks!

The New Spyro games do suck, but the old PS1 games will always be great to me.

Orphen: Scion of Scorcery was quite lackluster. I didn't enjoy it all that much myself.

Shoeberto
08-29-2006, 02:50 AM
That can be blamed on Insomniac leaving Universal, but Universal maintaining the rights to the franchise - so Insomniac went on to continue to create an innovative franchise on their own, apart from the overbearing rule of Universal as a publisher, while Universal continued to lead an in-house crew to pop out more Spyro games at lackluster quality. The same thing happened to Naughty Dog with the Crash Bandicoot series.

So on the upside, we do get some nice new franchises (Rachet and Clank, Jak) in their places.

bipper
08-29-2006, 03:01 AM
Budokai. Prehaps Toe Jam and Earl 2. Final Fatasy VI had a ton of bugs, and recieved a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifon of love from me. Batman returns, for sega Genesis. Carnival for the 2600; I know I hit them damn carny ploys.

nik0tine
08-29-2006, 06:05 AM
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero, in that 1) I was excited to be getting it and 2) I earnestly tried to work my way through it and more-or-less enjoyed the experience.

It was fouth grade, but still.
I still like that game. :p

For me it was probably Syphon Filter.

Necronopticous
08-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Driving Emotion Type-S

~SapphireStar~
08-29-2006, 11:42 AM
I agree with Space Jam, it was sooooo cool!

scrumpleberry
08-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Spyro. (lack of storyline, really weird facial expressions)

I HATE the newer Spyro games. He's all arrogant and big-headed. He needs to be SLAPPED. HARD.

Dreddz
08-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Fun fact: Disaster Report has trance vibrator support. ;)

Really ? Out of the people that I know own the game, they all say its fantastic. Why do you think Rez goes for £30-40 on ebay.

Levian
08-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Nobody seems to like Clock Tower, and boy do I love them. But they're not really near "worst", so whatev'

Young Merlin however. Oh man, what a bad game. It still had me sitting there for hours, though.

Rocket Edge
08-29-2006, 01:55 PM
That can be blamed on Insomniac leaving Universal, but Universal maintaining the rights to the franchise - so Insomniac went on to continue to create an innovative franchise on their own, apart from the overbearing rule of Universal as a publisher, while Universal continued to lead an in-house crew to pop out more Spyro games at lackluster quality.
So that's why it was so bad..

I HATE the newer Spyro games. He's all arrogant and big-headed. He needs to be SLAPPED. HARD.
Yeah, the new game's (PS2) were incredably dissapointing.

Old Manus
08-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Star Wars Episode 1 was so full of glitches and stupid stuff, that my actual objective was to screw up the game as much as I could. Good times.

Dreddz
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Nobody seems to like Clock Tower, and boy do I love them. But they're not really near "worst", so whatev'

Young Merlin however. Oh man, what a bad game. It still had me sitting there for hours, though.

Again, Clock Tower is in no way a bad game, you'd be stupid not to like them.....

Breine
08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
I had a thing for Battle Arena Toshinden 3 when I was younger... Sometimes I still do :shifty:

JKTrix
08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Buy Rez Here for PS2 (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1u6b-71-r-49-en-15-rez-84-j-70-4iw.html), if you can play import games. It's only $11, what a deal... and the game is ENTIRELY in English regardless. I have this myself, minus the vibrator.

As for the topic... It's hard to choose. I had SpiderMan for the Black&Green Gameboy back in the day, and loved it. Played it a couple months ago and couldn't stand it.

Saku
08-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Phantasy Star Online was one of those games that everyone seemed to hate when it first came out.... then IGN and compnay decided OMG its a popular game! we better change the ratings!

Another obscure game I liked was Chocobo Dungeons (PSX) and Metal Saga (PS2). And don't get me started on Dreamcast games....

Griff
08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
for me probably DOA: Xtreme Beach Volleyball. I hate the sport in general but for some strange reason love this game...

Levian
08-29-2006, 05:15 PM

Again, Clock Tower is in no way a bad game, you'd be stupid not to like them.....

I have yet to meet one single person who enjoyed those games, except from my sister who introduced me to them. And I agree, they're awesome and different from other games. I guess most people hesitate to play games where they don't have a machine gun to defend themself with. :(

TehAnima
08-31-2006, 07:07 AM
The .Hack// games, I must be the only person who liked the battle system.

Also Chaos Legion, I don't understand why this is such a bad game.

ValkyrieWing
08-31-2006, 07:18 AM
Loved .Hack// SO fun. :P

The Last Ancient
09-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Spindizzy Worlds for Super Nintendo. All you did is roll around, you were a top, like the toy, but the music really set sort of somber mood and I really dug it.

FallenAngel411
09-01-2006, 06:54 AM
Pokemon Snap...

:)

:D

Vermachtnis
09-01-2006, 05:23 PM
I like Devil May Cry 2. There I said it. Sure it's not as good as the first one and Dante was quiet;but, the game was fun and had a good ending. I don't know about everyone else, but I went through and found the twenty secrets.
Lucia was a pretty awesome in her own. No where near as bad ass as Dante, but she held her own.

Ruskies
09-01-2006, 05:30 PM
I got a few.. I really liked Final fantasy X-2. Everyone thinks its soo bad but i liked it alot, maybe this means I would also enjoy playing with barbies too but who knows for sure? Ribbit king owns and also Haunting ground was sweet. But the big stinker that I really liked was Tsugunai: Atonement.

aerithsloveslave
09-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight. Awful title, awful game, but I played it for hours back in the day.

stuffing
09-01-2006, 06:51 PM
EarthWorm Jim for super nes, loved those games

Clouded Sky
09-03-2006, 07:12 AM
I really do enjoy wasting my time on Ergheiz, not even because it's a terrible fighting game with FF characters, but rather, because it is a terrible fighting game with FF characters AND a really craptacularily awesome quest mode.

black orb
09-03-2006, 07:35 AM
>>> "Super Ninja Boy" SNES, I still loving it..

Helios
09-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Alien versus Predator:Extinction
Slammed by every review I saw of it, but I'm a fan of the franchise and so I got it, and I liked it.even though there were no "Skirmishes" or custom map style things.