PDA

View Full Version : Emulation problem...

MateriaBladeVII
08-29-2006, 01:51 AM
hey guys,

I'm using an ePSXe Emulator on my laptop to play my games for screen captures and such. I'm using the original FFVIII game disc, not an ISO. I'm trying to start a new game, but the text is all furked. It shows up all fragmented. Like the visuals are all just like it would be when played on an actual PSone and on a TV screen, it's just the text dialogue is messed up. Any idea why this could be happening?

I've tried readjusting my video plug-in and it doesn't fix it. It's not the disc either, because I used mine and then borrowed my friend's to see if it would work.

I think it could be the pec PLUG-IN but I'm not sure. Anyone else have this problem?

Araciel
08-29-2006, 06:03 AM
what plug in are you using...the new pete's is the one most people use and it seems to be the best...i think i mentioned earlier that i prefer psxeven....but thats only because epsxe crashed when i was playing the fmvs in ff9...you might try making your disc into an iso or DLing the iso and playing through it that way

DfKimera
08-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Get the PC version of FFVIII... Im not sure if it would be right to download it off the Internet, considering you have the original game at hands.