PDA

View Full Version : forking monster arena!

farplaner
08-29-2006, 07:12 AM
So, I have all of the monsters except Ultima Buster and the "Nem." I have captured all of the element monsters, so apparently that's not the trigger (ultima buster is an "element," right?....it's been a while.)

Does anyone know what the trigger is? Am I remembering correctly that, in addition to fighting all arena monsters to unlock Nemesis, I need to capture 8 or 10 of all monsters? Do you have any idea how long it's gonna take to capture ten tonberrys?! ...actually, many of you probably do. (yes, I know about that one spot in the cavern where tonberrys are known to lurk, still it takes forever)

I must clear all lv. 4 sphere grid locks before sundown tomorrow, or the world will end!!:eek: :eek:

Goldenboko
08-29-2006, 07:49 AM
10 of all to unlock Nemisis and I believe 5 of all for Ultima Buster, and Ultima Buster looks like Sinspawn Gui if my memory serves me correctly.

FTF
08-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Your memory does serve you correctly :)

farplaner
08-29-2006, 08:35 AM
10 of all to unlock Nemisis and I believe 5 of all for Ultima Buster, and Ultima Buster looks like Sinspawn Gui if my memory serves me correctly.

thanks, Golden. Incidentally, is your memory for rent? :tongue:

I'll get started on preventing the end of the world presently!

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
08-29-2006, 12:21 PM
to unlock nemesis u hav to catch 10 of every fiend AND defeat all the monster arena original creations. you will be rewarded with 10 master spheres. ultima buster will give you 99 dark matters when you create it so i recommend using all the dark matters you have before you unlock it (putting break damage limit on a capture weapon is a good idea).

to get level 4 key spheres, bribe the chimera brains in the calm lands 245,000 gil. you can get a max of 4 from each one, and with 2 in one battle that makes 8 per battle, but u can only get 1 from each one, i's all chance.

chimera brains usually appear behind the travel agency

dp:D

Goldenboko
08-29-2006, 02:29 PM

Sorry no, there isn't enough of my memory for myself *points to profile* I keep storing all this FF stuff and losing everything else!

1+1=3?

farplaner
08-30-2006, 07:24 AM

Sorry no, there isn't enough of my memory for myself *points to profile* I keep storing all this FF stuff and losing everything else!

1+1=3?

Fine!

*Checks Golden's profile............*nonchalantly steps cautiously away from golden :tongue:

to unlock nemesis u hav to catch 10 of every fiend AND defeat all the monster arena original creations. you will be rewarded with 10 master spheres. ultima buster will give you 99 dark matters when you create it so i recommend using all the dark matters you have before you unlock it (putting break damage limit on a capture weapon is a good idea).

to get level 4 key spheres, bribe the chimera brains in the calm lands 245,000 gil. you can get a max of 4 from each one, and with 2 in one battle that makes 8 per battle, but u can only get 1 from each one, i's all chance.

chimera brains usually appear behind the travel agency

dp

Although the nemesis info has already been covered, I thank you for the lv 4 key spheres info, and ammend my statement to say "I must complete the sphere grid for all party members before sundown tomorrow...yada, yada." Behind the travel agency? Hell, they appear all over the forking place (*muttering* "Damn chimera brains!")

Dynast-Kid
08-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Do you have any idea how long it's gonna take to capture ten tonberrys?! ...actually, many of you probably do. (yes, I know about that one spot in the cavern where tonberrys are known to lurk, still it takes forever)

I was not aware of this!?!

Where do they hang out?

*Lady luck*
08-30-2006, 05:45 PM
it took me 2 hours of random battles to find 10 toneberrys

farplaner
08-31-2006, 02:49 AM
Do you have any idea how long it's gonna take to capture ten tonberrys?! ...actually, many of you probably do. (yes, I know about that one spot in the cavern where tonberrys are known to lurk, still it takes forever)

I was not aware of this!?!

Where do they hang out?

Go almost all the way back (save sphere is too far) where there's a 4-way intersection; to the right there's a corridor that leads to a small room. Go there, and you will have found the spot.

As mentioned though, they are still relatively rare.