PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know This Song?

FFVIII Fan
08-29-2006, 04:46 PM
It's a classical song. I think it's from the movie Apocalypse Now, but i'm not sure. It's got a sad & emotional tone to it. It was used as the melody for dance songs like William Orbit's 'Barber's Adagio For Strings' & then later Tiesto's 'Adagio For Strings'. Anyone know? I'm sorry i don't have that much information but i really want to get this song...

~SapphireStar~
08-29-2006, 04:50 PM
It was used in Platoon and is called Adagio for Strings. The man who composed it was Samuel Barber and has been remixed loads.

FFVIII Fan
08-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Great, thank you.

~SapphireStar~
08-29-2006, 05:12 PM
No problem! Its a great piece of music.

Odaisé Gaelach
08-29-2006, 06:57 PM
I believe that it was played in the final episode of Red Dwarf, when Rimmer gets killed in an explosion or something. He's lying on the ground, and the paper he's holding is burning to a crisp, and Death is standing above him.

"Arnold Judas Rimmer. Your life is over."

He stands Rimmer up, who looks stunned for a second, then sharply knees Death in the balls.

"Remember, only the good die young!" he says. And then legs it.

~SapphireStar~
08-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah its been played in loads of TV shows. It was also in the Simpsons.

Odaisé Gaelach
08-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah its been played in loads of TV shows. It was also in the Simpsons.

Oh yeah, when Marge was bodybuilding and beat up everyone in Moe's bar. I remember that one.

There was something similar to it in 24, in Season 2 when George Mason piloted the airplane into the desert while Jack parachuted away, and then atomic bomb went off.

Rocket Edge
08-30-2006, 04:43 PM
It's a great song..