PDA

View Full Version : DDR at home!

Xander
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
I want to turn my room into an arcade, so, I already have a miniature 1p machine, you know, like the 2p machines with lights and it really works :D

But anyway I want a DDR machine. I've seen some metal dance mats on lik-sang.com (I want a really good one close as possible to real thing but under £100 :P) but I want to know what games on probably PS2 or gamecube are good to play with a good dance mat? And are there any proper DDR games? Or what is the closest thing to doing it in the arcades?

If my plan works, I will get fit, yay!

Avarice-ness
08-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Ohhh, At this Anime convention that I've gone too, they sell the metal mats for 180$. It's really a good deal, but -very- hard to fit into the back of a car with all the other things. xD

Roto13
08-29-2006, 07:07 PM
There are a few DDR games for PS2, and DDR Mario Mix for Game Cube.

Avarice-ness
08-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Oh, Oops, I forgot to put in my 2 cents. ^^;

In my opinion I like DDRMax2 better than all the others, I havn't played Extreme2 yet, but I didn't really like Extreme. I guess I could say I like DDRMax, but I just like the songs and how they imply with the mat with Max2 better. I've played DDR for about 4 years, and all I can say is, that is that, the first time I played Kick the Can in heavy on DDRExtreme, the movements were so repeditive that is was simple to dance to, even though it was constant movements it didn't seem that bad. But still, I say Max2 would be the best. :)

Tasura
08-29-2006, 08:06 PM
I excersise my figners with StepMania =D! Also, if you want a high quality one, try Cobalt Flux (http://www.positivegaming.com/cobaltfluxeurope/) (They are abit on the pricey side, but they would be well worth it.)

Edit: The cheapest there is 2 460.80 SEK which is £180.16

Xander
08-29-2006, 09:09 PM
I excersise my figners with StepMania =D! Also, if you want a high quality one, try Cobalt Flux (http://www.positivegaming.com/cobaltfluxeurope/) (They are abit on the pricey side, but they would be well worth it.)

Edit: The cheapest there is 2 460.80 SEK which is £180.16

Can't get that site to work for some reason...the products..but yeah I think £200 is too much...around £60 would be good if possible... although as I say found some on lik-sang, but no idea how much postage is yet >_< Probably twice that...

ValkyrieWing
08-30-2006, 12:50 AM
Colbalt Flux are notoriously slippery. Red Octane has pads just like those on the machines.

Extreme was bad, but Extreme 2 is MUCH MUCH better. Lots of songs from the machines on there.

Markus. D
08-30-2006, 03:30 AM
DDR/Dancing Stage: SuperNova.

is going to kick some ass.

I'd keep my eye out for that.

ValkyrieWing
08-30-2006, 05:39 AM
I want SuperNova, but it's going to be expensive.

Clouded Sky
09-03-2006, 07:19 AM
As of right now, there are four DDR games released in the US for DDR. These are DDR:MAX, DDR:MAX2, DDR:EXTREME, and DDR:EXTREME2. I own Max, Max2, and Extreme. They're all ok, while I prefer Max to Extreme. I'm using a RedOctane Ignition 3.0 (Soft Pad) and I couldn't be happier. Another plus of this pad (which means maybe RedOctane does it with their metal pads) is that it has a USB hookup, so you can hook it up to your computer, and using a program called StepMania, you can play DDR on your computer, without being confined to a single disc worth of songs. (I think I've got 700+ songs right now.)

EDIT: The RedOctane metal pad (Afterburner) DOES have USB support, but it runs $250 USD.

Xander
09-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Ohh, thanks, but also I'm in the UK. Any advice on games there? Found a few, including the one out soon which you can put your own music with...which sounds like an awesome idea but I've found mixed and not great reviews so far. Uhh Dance Factory it's called.

Clouded Sky
09-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Whoops! So that pretty much nullified any help in my post. Sorry about that Xander. As far as Dancing Stage goes, I was going to buy it, and after reading reviews, I think I'll be staying away from that. StepMania is a viable option, even if you only play on the keyboard. It'll improve your ability to read the arrows and can continue to help you up until the point of 7 or 8 foot songs. It really helped me when I was still on standard. One second, I'm going to go check on DDR UK stuff. It would appear there are four Dancing Stage (DDR in the UK) games available for PS2 at this time. Dancing Stage MegaMix, Dancing Stage Fever, Dancing Stage Fusion, and Dancing Stage Max. Dancing Stage SuperNova will be released on September 26th (DDR SuperNova will release on the same day in the US) and that looks to be a refreshing entry into the series. It would appear of those previously listed Max is the newest, and Fusion being the second newest, and those would probably be the first ones you'd want to get. Unless you can wait 3.5 weeks for SuperNova, which after looking it up, I am now quite excited about. Hope this is a little more helpful!

ValkyrieWing
09-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I reserved SuperNova today...

*happy dance*

lexi_gamer
09-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Extreme was bad, but Extreme 2 is MUCH MUCH better. Lots of songs from the machines on there.

I absolutely loove Extreme2. One of my favorite songs is Speed Over Beethoven because it's so fast. But Hard mode on it is completely chaotic. if you can get an A, A*, AA, AA*, AAA, or AAA* on hard mode on that song, i will be thoroughly impressed.