PDA

View Full Version : Theories about the Secret Ending

Spawn of Sephiroth
08-30-2006, 12:15 AM
ok. i looked and didn't see anything about this, so first off, if there is another, i apologize in advance. but what are your guys theorys about the secret ending. i think we have another cloud story about to happen, or maybe vincent vs. sephiroth, that would kick ass. so what do you think?
:choc2:

Garn the Red
08-30-2006, 12:38 AM
They probably wont do anything with it, and if they did it would be more Vincent than cloud.

Millia Billia
08-30-2006, 04:31 AM
I'm pretty sure they just put that there for Gackt and his fans.

Tiamat
08-30-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm sorry, I'm confused...what do you mean by Secret Ending? Is there another ending scenario other than the Original Ending that you can unlock somehow?

Millia Billia
08-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Yes. If you collect the three items called "G Reports", one in chapter 8, one in 10, and one in 11, you will get an additional FMV at the very end after you see the "THE END" screen.

Luckily you can load from any save point in the game, so just load from chapter 8 and do it. That's what I did.

Tiamat
08-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks very much, Millia! :D

Maux
08-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Theories abound. The secret ending was pretty to look at but I doubt it means there will be a sequel. It's like fire, nice to look at but you wouldn't want to touch it.

As much as I would like to see a sequel, I believe it would be likely to become a huge flop, although there is a slim chance that it is actually an agreeable sequel. Square currently seems obsessed with Final Fantasy VII, I would not be surprised to see FFVII-2 with the reawakening of Genesis or some other character. If they do do this I find it unlikely that the main character will be Cloud or Vincent(they've been used, time to get in some fresh blood). In FFVII-2 the main character will be totally knew or at the least someone not within Cloud's group. I believe Square has expunged as much as they can out of that particular angle. If a sequel is made there will be new characters with small cameos of Cloud's gang here and there. Just an idea, I do not believe they are done with the world yet and will be doing more to it in the future.

I went totally off topic for a moment. The secret ending was probably just for Gackt fans and will not lead to anything...although the possibility of Genesis does remain strong. Genesis has reawakened whether he is the main villain or not is unknown he may merely be a pawn. If they use him at all. I do not think they're done using that specific world though, and if a revised version is done for PS3 it will surely bring more fans and thus enters forward to the inevitable sequel. Only time will tell.

G3ORGE
08-31-2006, 07:06 PM
What about Crisis core thats about Project G aint it you know the 1 with Zack

Garn the Red
09-01-2006, 11:06 PM

What system is that on anyways?

Blykus
09-02-2006, 01:55 AM

What system is that on anyways?

PSP. I wasn't aware that the basis of the story fot that game was Project G, though. Hmmm, interesting.

Cid's_Lady_Erin
09-02-2006, 03:36 AM
Crisis Core centers around Zack and the events with him leading up to Sephiroth's turning (I'm not sure if it goes up to his death or not). I think in it though he is, at some point, given a mission to track down a "rogue SOLDIER" who is reported to be Genesis.

I think the secret ending means Square has an idea that they are thinking about. If they can't put it into a usable form, well they technically never said there would be a sequel. If they can put it into a usable form, well there was the secret ending to foreshadow its coming, so it isn't completely out of nowhere.

Blykus
09-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Crisis Core centers around Zack and the events with him leading up to Sephiroth's turning (I'm not sure if it goes up to his death or not). I think in it though he is, at some point, given a mission to track down a "rogue SOLDIER" who is reported to be Genesis.

I think the secret ending means Square has an idea that they are thinking about. If they can't put it into a usable form, well they technically never said there would be a sequel. If they can put it into a usable form, well there was the secret ending to foreshadow its coming, so it isn't completely out of nowhere.

Very well put. This will all hopefully come together once Crisis Core is released.

Aqua Heart
09-04-2006, 09:39 PM
scrap my last post i seen it now, pretty damn cool. although why do u think genesis only chooses now to appear, i mean shudnt he have appeared when he brother was gettin his ass whooped, i mean he had two chances lol.

finaloblivion
09-09-2006, 01:10 AM
there will most definitely be a sequel to the game, even if it does or doesn't involve genesis or cloud's gang. the reason i know this, is because the they've already confirmed that the compilation of final fantasy vii series will continuing to produce games until 2017, on the original's 20th anniversary. there. at least we know there'll be more games...i mean, they cant keep making more prequels, can they?

Cid's_Lady_Erin
09-09-2006, 03:00 AM
Come on, how many games can they put in 7 and keep it from being far, far too repetitive and still something quality? I think that's a little ridiculous...

TidusMaster
10-01-2006, 08:30 PM
i dont know about thats Erin...
they could bring in many new characters. iv thought of a few new games that they could make....

Spawn of Sephiroth
10-02-2006, 03:45 AM
so is there 2 secret endings or what. i know there is one from getting all 81 memory capsules and the 3 G Reports, so are they the same or what. I am very confused

Sephiroths Clone
10-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Ok i am very confused as well. Who is Genesis? If he was mentioned in FFVII its been ages since i played it so i dont remember, someone please freshen my memory.