PDA

View Full Version : I can't descend. Please help !

Forrest
08-30-2006, 04:43 AM
Hi all,

I am on the GBA version. Now Cid is dead and I have full control of the airship. Yet I am not able to descend to Paramekia Castle. Did I miss anything important? Thanks!!

DarkLadyNyara
08-30-2006, 06:29 AM
It's tricky. This is taken directly from GameFaqs- we get this alot.

How do I land on Palamecia? ^[2J]
I (Action) have been getting a lot of emails on this one. Seems people can't get the airship to land on Palamecia.

Here's what I wrote in my FAQ:
To get to into Palamecia, you'll need to descend upon it using the Airship. The
spire on the top of Palamecia will be your guide. Center your Airship right
above the spire, then go up one space and try to land.

If you can't seem to land, try this. Move up one space, try to land. Move left one space, try to land. Repeat this in all directions on Palamecia and you'll eventually land. Use this guide if you don't understand:

. _ _ _ .
. _ 1 _ .
. _ _ _ .

1 is where you start. Try all 9 spaces and you'll be able to land on one of them. Make sure the airship doesn't move two spaces, since it likes to move really fast.

Fireblade13
09-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Oh and don't miss the bloodsword! Can't remember if you passed it but ur right aroungd the right spot

DJZen
09-01-2006, 07:02 PM
The problem is in the way they handled flight graphics. In the original FC version, the perspective didn't change in the airship. When they added this for the GBA release, they used a nice special effect that makes buildings stand up instead of simply lying flat. While this looks cool, it makes it hard to determine where you need to land since they didn't change the actual location you need to land on to enter Palamecia. So while the graphic is upright, the landing spot is still lying on the ground a few squares behind the castle. They REALLY shoulda changed that one.

DarkLadyNyara
09-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Oh and don't miss the bloodsword! Can't remember if you passed it but ur right aroungd the right spot
If you don't get it before finishing the cyclone, you can't get it at all. It's a narrow window of opertunity.