PDA

View Full Version : winter sucks. :(

Jowy
08-30-2006, 07:26 AM
I just came to the harsh realization that it's going to start snowing in October, and probably last until mid-April again. :(

Do you enjoy winter? Yeah, the sled riding and snowman making's fun, but man, shoveling the driveway and icy roads aren't a fair exchange for some youthful reminiscing.

Jojee
08-30-2006, 07:29 AM
I love winter because Wisconsin winters are very cold so there's no bugs or spiders or centipedes around to bother me and freak me out ^^

What I really, really love is a nice warm 70-degree+ day in the middle of winter. Or just summer without all the bugs T_T;;

I like the snow too, that's fun :</>D

Miriel
08-30-2006, 07:30 AM
When it's Summer I can't wait until it cools down and Winter comes around. But when it's Winter, I can't wait until the stupid rain stops and the Sun comes out to play again.

I detest rain. I end up missing a lot of classes in the Winter because when it's too cold, I refuse to get out of bed. And we don't even have snow here in California, all we get is nasty rain. And flooding. And houses collapsing in the hills. And stupid Californians who don't know how to drive in the rain (me included!).

I love Winter clothing though. I love the scarfs and the mittens and the pea coats. I really really love pea coats.

I enjoy Fall the most out of all the Seasons.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
08-30-2006, 07:38 AM
I just came to the harsh realization that it's going to start snowing in October, and probably last until mid-April again.
Wow. You get a lot of snow. All it ever does is rain here. We get snow maybe once or twice a year. Usually in January or February. Though I do love the rain, I kinda want more snow.

I Took the Red Pill
08-30-2006, 07:40 AM
I like winter because I snowboard. I hate the cold though. So winter has its ups and downs for me. I like spring the best.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-30-2006, 07:40 AM
Oh, man, I cannot wait for the cold and the rain. That's my kind of weather.

farplaner
08-30-2006, 07:43 AM
What I really, really love is a nice warm 70-degree+ day in the middle of winter.

It should be 70 degrees year-round! I hate the summer, because I can't stand the heat. During winter one can always layer clothing.

Ideally though, I don't like being hot or cold. If I could just live in a constant "room temperature" environment for the rest of my life that would be fine with me.

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2006, 12:04 PM
I just came to the harsh realization that it's going to start snowing in October, and probably last until mid-April again. :(

You lucky....I wish it snowed where I am (Heaven). It never does. I love the cold, because it's easy to keep piling things on to keep yourself warm, but when it's hot, all you can do is run around naked.

Breine
08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
I like winter, but not as much as I like the summer time of course. I think it's nice to stay inside at winter time and just make it all cosy and stuff, you know when the snow is falling outside and your sitting inside drinking hot chocolate :)

Also, here in Denmark we're lucky that we get to experience all four seasons instead of just having it hot all year. It's nice with some variety.

Dreddz
08-30-2006, 12:13 PM
I treasure the summer, because before you know it, its back to /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifty England weather.

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2006, 12:16 PM
English weather is the best. We have all four seasons for one. It rains when it should. It's hot when it should be. It also rains when it's too hot. Which is nice. In my opinion, England weather rawkz.

Owen Macwere
08-30-2006, 12:19 PM
I love snow, it is a cool thing. and no buggs and annoying insects. :D
But it is a tough time, so cold and annoying.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
08-30-2006, 12:34 PM
gosh its either way too cold (with no snow i might add) or its too hot...either way i prefer the summer of the winter anytime lol!

Dignified Pauper
08-30-2006, 12:35 PM
try walking a mile every day to class... that's when you can start complaining.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-30-2006, 12:42 PM
There is no snow where i live in. From October to March the weather isn´t very good and there is a lot of wind and rain, but yet i go to college everyday at 6 a.m and have to travel by train and subway to get there but when you reach back home and can seat down on your favorite chair by the fire that´s when i enjoy the winter.

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 01:11 PM
I hate the hot humid summer. It sufficates me and with my asthma I cant breahte. The winter rocks my socks.

Levian
08-30-2006, 01:28 PM
This is the exact reason why I'm moving to Spain to become a pickpocket, or a giggolo if that fails.

XxSephirothxX
08-30-2006, 01:31 PM
With summer weather here hitting the 80s or 90s every day with horrible humidity, I am eagerly anticipating some hellish cold. Southern winters are pretty mild in comparison to those in the north, though. I wish we got some snow. :(

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2006, 01:32 PM
I hate the hot humid summer. It sufficates me and with my asthma I cant breahte. The winter rocks my socks.

Completely agree. I have asthma and though the heat doesn't make me have an attack, or even need to medicate myself, it feels as though I'm suffocating. The air in winter is so much cooler and crisper. It's delicious.

Rye
08-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I like summer, but sometimes I love these rainy chilly August days we've been having in New York because I like to having to snuggle under the covers to be warm. :)

Giga Guess
08-30-2006, 01:50 PM
SNOW IS THE DEVIL!

Anaisa
08-30-2006, 02:19 PM
English weather is the best. We have all four seasons for one. It rains when it should. It's hot when it should be. It also rains when it's too hot. Which is nice. In my opinion, England weather rawkz. I'd have to disagree with that. I'd hardly call a few days of heat Summer. The heat we get for what is supposed to be Summer is very sporadic. We'll get a few days of heat if we're lucky, then it will rain. I wouldn't class that as a Summer myself. I've had to put the heating on in my house several times during are so called Summer.

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Were you not in England for the past 4 months?

Zeldy
08-30-2006, 02:24 PM
We don't get much snow in Northwest England. It hasn't snowed much in the last 5 years atleast. I love snow :(
We just get the bitter winds which makes your legs pink and numb, and the rain. Oh so much rain.

Shoden
08-30-2006, 02:53 PM
in the North East the sun is blistering and the heatwave England had lasted 3x as long up here, we never got any real rain til about 2 weeks ago.

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Geordie! :love:

Anaisa
08-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Were you not in England for the past 4 months?

I have been in England for the past four months. An it hasn't been consecutively warm where I am for that length of time.

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Where are you?

Anaisa
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
The north west.

Mirage
08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
I live in norway, so I probably couldn't have been more unfortunate about where I was born. Winter here really sucks, it's usually -10 or less celcius for several months. and I guess our falls and springs are about as cold as most of the winters in california and such.

Quindiana Jones
08-30-2006, 03:13 PM
The north west.

That's weird. The north-east was fairly sunny and warm. South west was bloody boiling *melts*

FightClubFan#47
08-30-2006, 03:17 PM
I like winter, and summer. But summer>winter. I don't have fall or spring :(

bipper
08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I love winter because Wisconsin winters </>D

werd. -20 degrees is the way to be. So cold so white. I can't wait for winter! :excited:

Rocket Edge
08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Whatever about winter, i just love Christmas time.

Yuffie514
08-31-2006, 07:40 AM
my experiences with winter comes from living in Canada for the early years of my life. the unusual fascination of snow trousers, making snowballs, snow angels, going down a frozen ice topping, Christmas, a short break from school.

but i have to say, winter memories are bitter. waking up in the dark, with a cold, almost always carrying a tissue with me. like Faye Wong's song, it's the Summer of Love...

Moon Rabbits
08-31-2006, 07:48 AM
I live in Canada.

Your winters are nothing compared to mine!!

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2006, 08:12 AM
Winter is my favorite season! :cool: Cold wind, rain, all that good stuff. :D

Giga Guess
08-31-2006, 01:13 PM
I love winter because Wisconsin winters </>D

werd. -20 degrees is the way to be. So cold so white. I can't wait for winter! :excited:

I always knew you were evil...now I have proof.

Bunny
08-31-2006, 01:42 PM
I enjoy winter time even if I do not get to see snow that often. Hopefully this year we get more than we did last year, but I'm fine with it just being cold. All this humidity is killing me.

Rase
08-31-2006, 02:39 PM
Winter's always been my favorite season, especially here in California. It's the only time we finally gets to some nice temperatures and it rains quite a bit. I guess that the winter before I moved here it "snowed" in my town (if you call and inch and a half that burns off by noon snow :rolleyes2 ), so I've been hoping that somehow we'll get a nice foot or so of snow one year. No luck so far, but this year will be different, I can feel it. :spin:

Alive-Cat
08-31-2006, 02:43 PM
I think all the seasons have their merits.

Slade
09-01-2006, 10:52 AM
In New Zealand it has just about finished Winter and is moving into Spring. That means Summer is just around the corner! Can't wait, the cold has been killing me.