PDA

View Full Version : How to defeat Shinryu?

IceAngel
08-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah I'm confused. I cant kill Shinryu and he keeps using that Shining move on me. Any tips?

Rockyvu
08-30-2006, 04:30 PM
The minimum requirement is that you need to either max out Tidus or Wakka's stats (as in Doing 999,999 damage). Keep on using Either Blitz Ace or Attack reel on him. Start off by maxing out Tidus, Wakka's and Rikku's overdrive. Use entrust to give either Tidus or Wakka Rikku's overdrive to let then attact with overdrive more.

He's pretty easy for me, since I use both Attack reel and Blitz Ace.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
08-30-2006, 04:32 PM
who's Shinryu

Shin Gouken
08-30-2006, 08:28 PM
yeah i pretty much just start the battle with rikku, wakka and tidus with full overdrive bars. Tidus uses blitz ace, wakka uses entrust on tidus, tidus uses blitz ace, rikku uses entrust on tidus, tidus uses blitz ace, battle over. Defeat the monster in the monster arena who drops strength spheres and have tidus increase his strength stat to a nic round 255 :)

Goldenboko
08-30-2006, 08:36 PM
(as in Doing 999,999 damage)
You must mean 99,999.

I recommend using Trio of 9,999 (Use Mix, and I know two gambler spirits will do it other combinations as well but I can't think of them) Cast Hastaga first thing in the battle. Have Wakka have Attack Reels and use it. Trio of 9,999 makes all attacks do 9,999 and a perfect Attack Reels hits... I think its 12, but may be 15 times I can't remember.
That will do a good amount of damage...
9,999x12= 119,988 damage.
My favorite strategy is having Wakka have an Auto-Phenoix armor, and setting him on Comrade. Have Tidus or Rikku attack Shinryu counters killing them Wakka gets his overdrive and then instantly revives the dead ally. Do damage quick and pray he doesn't use his stone attack (forgot what its called) on Wakka.
Also entrust works (I like mine better you get to do damage that turn instead of wasting it at least 9,999 damage)

This strategy is for more underleveled characters.

Tavrobel
08-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Chances are, if you are fighting Shinryu, you'll be doing AT LEAST 9999 damage. No need for Trio. Seeing as Shinryu has a VERY low HP amount, just pound away as needed. The major obstacles to face are his Stone Punch (which will remove your character if it hits), and Shining (which does many hits). Having a high Defense rating is all you should need.

Shinryu also has 2 million HP. Doing 100k per turn WITH Overdrives isn't exactly optimal; or possible.

Shin Gouken
08-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Shinryu also has 2 million HP. Doing 100k per turn WITH Overdrives isn't exactly optimal; or possible.

using tidus's overdrive three times kills him.

i didnt have his celestial weapon though

Goldenboko
08-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Chances are, if you are fighting Shinryu, you'll be doing AT LEAST 9999 damage. No need for Trio. Seeing as Shinryu has a VERY low HP amount, just pound away as needed. The major obstacles to face are his Stone Punch (which will remove your character if it hits), and Shining (which does many hits). Having a high Defense rating is all you should need.

Worked for me once :P (After that I leveled up and didn't need that strategy)

Tavrobel
08-30-2006, 09:06 PM
using tidus's overdrive three times kills him.

i didnt have his celestial weapon though
You don't need the Celestial Weapon for Shinryu, since he doesn't randomly reduce armor. Also, I was referring to doing 100k with Attack Reels in Bobo's post.

They [the players] aren't going to be that low. I don't question your strategy, I question your level.

Difference.

Goldenboko
08-30-2006, 09:44 PM

They [the players] aren't going to be that low. I don't question your strategy, I question your level.

Difference.
Don't remember my level much but I'm pretty sure I didn't have Break damage limit. (But I had pretty good speed at the time I think Rikku had Bribe by then)

farplaner
08-31-2006, 02:43 AM
I never really fought him before I had leveled up. With 255 strength, all you need is one Blitz Ace and one Attack Reels (max bonus: 12 hits).

IceAngel
09-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks for your help guys! ;)

rubah
09-03-2006, 07:04 PM
It's all about the motion of the overdrive ocean, baby.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I beat him twice in a row within 7 minutes each time doing this with Rikku alone.

Rikku = 17260 hp, 170 strength, with Haste and Protect on, only member in the party. Tidus and Wakka are dead.

Rikku Quick Hit, Shinryu counters, 4000 damage.
Rikku Quick Hit again, Shinryu counters, 4000 damage.
Rikku Curaga, Shinryu either attacks or uses Shining. Heal after turn.
Repeat. Keep HP up, and attack til he dies.