PDA

View Full Version : Help! Im totally lost!

High-Summoner-Lady-Chloe
08-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I know you guys must hear this ALL the time, but guess what? Im lost on my game! And some people will just think pfff so what, deal with it, but im really really stuck and i was hoping someone could help me out?
Ok i'll tell you where i'm up to. Ive just passed the part where the group veiw Jecht's sphere and up the road. Erm and then the group walk down the road a bit to meet the priest Guado i think it is, and just after tidus whistles to her, the al bhed come and try to attack. Im really stuck on how to defeat that machina! I have tried using aeons when the mana beam comes on but it usually kills all my aeons off before i can do anything about trying to defeat it! Ive tried a variety of things like lunar curtain ect (Im new to all of this game so i have no idea what im doing) lol so i dont know what i'm doing. Ive tried as much as i can but once im getting somewhere, i have no aeons left to save the group! It's like ive been mis-treating my aeons just to keep the group alive but i don't know how to disable/keep away the mana beam so ive had 2 choices, kill off all the characters and have game over or kill the aeons and try to use them a little and keep the group alive for a little while longer.
I think that this will end up being something SOOOO simple that ive missed because im a newbie so... Bear with my less-knowledgable self please :)

Fireblade13
08-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Let's see. Overdrives would be nice. Maw those out so that you can destroy the Magic cancelor and then summon the flying aeon. Overdrive and then have him recieve the blunt of the beam. Now have your team come out and wail on the guy with over drives (lulu with thuder(a) ) is awesome. When your done destroy Cancelor and summon ixion for the kill. For me i just used ixion and owned the guy but i wailed then ixioned. I liked to level so you might not be advanced enough. If u think hes hard wait for the next boss fight it is soooooooooooooooooooo long.

Nifleheim7
08-30-2006, 08:43 PM
It's been a long time since i last played this part of the game but i'll try to give you some tips.
1.First of all level up your characters and don't rush into the game.The next battle is a lot more harder...
2.It's a machina so you must hit it with thunder.First equip your characters weapons with thunder spells,especially Wakka's so you can hit the negator.
3.When the negator is destroyed let Lulu hit it with an overdrive of thunder.(It's good to have your character and Aeons overdrives ready before battle).
4.Let Yuna summon Ixion and hit it with Thors Hammer.
5.Use haste to some of your characters.

I hope this helps,good luck.

scrumpleberry
08-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Can't help you, I'm not up to there, but I just wanted to say welcomes to EoFF! You joined on my birthday! Have fun!

High-Summoner-Lady-Chloe
08-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for posting and helping out! I guess i need to level up more but its hard because i just rushed through the game and wanted to get to certain video parts because people had told me about them. I have been using Rikku to destroy the cancellor with the things that are similar to the bombs, granade or something like that, i feel that works well against the cancelleor when you cant use magic. Who has wail? I'll need to level up definatley! Does ixion kill? Is that the flying one or the fire one or the horse one (SO sorry im really new!)
So i need to level up my aeons and my characters to get better things? Ohh so do i have to level up loads my flying aeon so what does it do for the overdrive?
I guess i'll have to train loads but ill have to go back quite a bit to get more training. Lol im dreading the next boss now! lol
Again thanks soooo much! People have got to be patient to help me with things like this!

Thank you for the tips! I sure do need to level up all of my characters!!!
Thanks for the welcoming! I was a bit weary about joining because usually people look down to new people but i feel alot better! Ohh and harppy birthday!

Goldenboko
08-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Do you have two gamblers spirits? If so you could always try using Trio of 9,999 (Use mix and mix two gamblers spirits) all your attacks will do 9,999 and you will always heal 9,999.

Tavrobel
08-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Pfft. Deal with it.

Is that not what you wanted to hear?

Too bad.

You don't need any weapons than the ones you already have. Although, I probably would stop using any Weapons with Stonestrike.

There are two methods to this fight, one that defeats the Negator, or one that does not. Let's assume that you do not have Slow.

If you decide NOT to destroy the Negator, then simply keep Auron, Tidus, Kimahri, or Wakka on the front lines. Or Rikku if you feel like Stealing (not that it gives you anything good, but the Lightning Gems you can steal can be used against it). Heal with Potions/Hi-Potions as necessary.

If you DO decide to destroy the Negator, you will have magic. Not the world's best trade if it not for Ixion or Ifrit. When you destroy the Negator, get Yuna into the fight. There begins a countdown to when the Crawler uses Mana Beam (turn "1"), so when it becomes the Crawler's turn, and it can use Mana Beam, use an Aeon to Shield. Ixion and Ifrit can heal themselves, so do not use Thundara/Fira on the Crawler, and instead, use this method to heal your Aeons. You can also continue the fight with an Aeon in place the entire time, relying on Black Magic to heal your Aeon, and using Aeon Overdrives (Thor's Hammer is the Keeper of the Pwn).

EDIT: You can't get Gambler's Spirit this early in the game. You have to be past Calm Lands, and even then, it's difficult to obtain.

TheSpoonyBard
08-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Begin the battle with Wakka, Lulu and Kimahri. Use Wakka's attacks and Kimahri's Lancet to kill the Negator. While they're doing that Lulu needs to use Reflex 5 times. As soon as Negator has been killed cast Haste on Lulu and Slow on Crawler. Cast Thundara three times. During this time Rikku can also use any Lightning Marbles you may have acquired. After those three turns have Yuna Grand Summon Ixion. Use Thor's Hammer twice to get an Overkill.

Using Reflex means Crawler's Assault will probably miss, and you can summon an aeon to take the hit from Mana Beam.

This strategy is easier than leaving Negator in the battle. Although it stops Crawler from using Mana Beam, it also stops Lulu from using magic and Yuna from summoning. All you'd have are physical attacks and items, and up against 100 Defence and an immunity to all the Breaks, that will take a while.

High-Summoner-Lady-Chloe
08-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Ohhh Goldenboco where did you get that?!

So what i really need to do is level up my aeons... Which aeon can heal itself so that i can train them more to get more powers because at the moment my aeons dont stand a chance and litterally have the very same things from when i first got them. Thanks again to EVERYONE!

Endless Twilight thank you soooo much! that has helped me so much! I could just keep the negator in the battle... Thanks so much!! i really really appreciate all this!

TheSpoonyBard
08-30-2006, 09:12 PM
You need to increase Yuna's stats if you want your aeons to become more powerful. Fight around a save sphere so you can heal when necessary.

High-Summoner-Lady-Chloe
08-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Thank you!!!! ^_^ =D
I'm shocked ive had so much help!

Goldenboko
08-30-2006, 09:20 PM
So you can't do any of these combinations by then?
Fire Gem + Designer Wallet = Miracle Drink (SPECIAL)
Fire Gem + Door to Tomorrow = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Fire Gem + Wings to Discovery = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Fire Gem + Gambler's Spirit = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Fire Gem + Underdog's Secret = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Fire Gem + Winning Formula = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Marble + Pendulum = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Marble + Amulet = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Marble + Designer Wallet = Miracle Drink (SPECIAL)
Lightning Marble + Door to Tomorrow = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Marble + Wings to Discovery = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Marble + Gambler's Spirit = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Marble + Underdog's Secret = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Marble + Winning Formula = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Gem + Pendulum = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Gem + Amulet = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Gem + Designer Wallet = Miracle Drink (SPECIAL)
Lightning Gem + Door to Tomorrow = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Gem + Wings to Discovery = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Gem + Gambler's Spirit = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Gem + Underdog's Secret = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
Lightning Gem + Winning Formula = Quartet of 9 (SPECIAL)
And so on and so forth... (Hmm Quartet of 9 why is it called that in mine its called Trio of 9,999 is it named different in the international version?)

EDIT-

Ohhh Goldenboco where did you get that?!

So what i really need to do is level up my aeons... Which aeon can heal itself so that i can train them more to get more powers because at the moment my aeons dont stand a chance and litterally have the very same things from when i first got them. Thanks again to EVERYONE!

Endless Twilight thank you soooo much! that has helped me so much! I could just keep the negator in the battle... Thanks so much!! i really really appreciate all this!

Get what?

TheSpoonyBard
08-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Hmm Quartet of 9 why is it called that in mine its called Trio of 9,999 is it named different in the international version?
Both mixes are in all versions of the game. Quartet of 9 affects one character, Trio of 9,999 affects all three characters. They both make attacks/magics/items deal/heal 9,999 damage.

Goldenboko
08-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Hmm Quartet of 9 why is it called that in mine its called Trio of 9,999 is it named different in the international version?
Both mixes are in all versions of the game. Quartet of 9 affects one character, Trio of 9,999 affects all three characters. They both make attacks/magics/items deal/heal 9,999 damage.
Ah thank you Endless. Do you know if you can do that by that part of the game that can help High-Summoner-Lady-Chloe.

Oh and Welcome to the forums!

Alexander
08-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Maybe because, uh, Quartet of 9 is a different Overdrive of Trio of 9999.

Quartet of 9 only affects one ally, and, IIRC, at random.

Trio of 9999 is for the party.

Combinations of Trio of 9999, from CB!'s Mix List on GameFAQs, include a lot of mixes with Door to Tomorrows, Underdog's Secret, Wings to Discovery, Pendulums, etc.

The most common Mix for Trio of 9999 is mixing two Underdog's Secrets, IIRC, because you can get 99 of them.

EDIT: Onoes, beaten! =X *shot*

TheSpoonyBard
08-30-2006, 09:36 PM
If you win a Dark Matter from playing blitzball, you can mix that with the Bomb Core you received in the Rikku tutorial to get Trio of 9,999.

Goldenboko
08-30-2006, 09:38 PM
Thank you once again Endless...
So if really need Summoner Lady you can use Trio Of 9,999.

High-Summoner-Lady-Chloe
08-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Ohh thanks! I'll have to get playing blitz ball now lol im not very good but if im in the lead, i just keep hold of the ball and waste time lol.

Ohh i ment the lightning marble!

TheSpoonyBard
08-30-2006, 10:32 PM
You can (rare) steal them from Aerouge on the Thunder Plains and Chimera in Macalania Forest.

redxiiii
08-31-2006, 02:06 AM
If its your Aeons that are giving you the trouble because they keep dieing why not just use their shield move everytime the crawler is about to use mana beam, my aeon only took around 200 damage from it then i just dismissed it and whacked away with auron, Tidus,Kimarhi and Lulu, then evderytime mana beam was coming up i just recalled an aeon i ony had to recall an aeon like 3 times an then i had killed it.

Goldenboko
08-31-2006, 02:11 AM
If its your Aeons that are giving you the trouble because they keep dieing why not just use their shield move everytime the crawler is about to use mana beam, my aeon only took around 200 damage from it then i just dismissed it and whacked away with auron, Tidus,Kimarhi and Lulu, then evderytime mana beam was coming up i just recalled an aeon i ony had to recall an aeon like 3 times an then i had killed it.

Good idea but many times people are only doing this Aeon shield because of a weak party, which means a weak Yuna, which means weak, slow Aeons that get killed by Mana Beam as soon as you summon them.

But if her Aeons are fast enough she could try that...

EDIT- Also your Aeon sounds pretty strong (200 damage even with shield seems kind of low) her Aeons may not be that strong. All depends on her Yuna.

redxiiii
08-31-2006, 02:41 PM
EDIT- Also your Aeon sounds pretty strong (200 damage even with shield seems kind of low) her Aeons may not be that strong. All depends on her Yuna.[/QUOTE]

My Aeons are strong?cool lol i always thought they were weak, i try not to over level, well if her aeons are to weak the only thing i can think of is to go in the battle with all aeons on overdrive aswell as characters, get rid of the negator and then unleash the overdrives, an then whack away with thundara and electro marbles .

Dell
08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
I've never thought you can get Trio of 9999 earlier than Calm Lands.
Seems, High-Summoner-Lady-Chloe is still far from Calm Lands, I put this in spoiler tag.
When I first reached Calm Lands, I rent a chocobo to get to Remiem Temple. There, I race for Cloudy Mirror and 30 Wings to Discovery. Mix 2 of WTD, and you'll get Trio of 9999.

High-Summoner-Lady-Chloe
09-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks, im going to try some of these things and see if i can win the crawler! My aeons are quite weak and dont have many skills so i will customise some weapons that i dont need and sell them for a lot of gill so i can use items to use to get my aeon's skills better and obviously get shield! Thanks again everyone for your time and help! I'll post if i don't or do beat the crawler!!
=D

TheSpoonyBard
09-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Your aeons already have the skills and abilities they'll need. If you want to increase their stats, level up Yuna.

The aeons already have Shield. When you're selecting their actions, press Right. The menu will change to Boost, Shield and Dismiss. Boost increases the damage they receive and increases the rate at which their Overdrive bar will increase, Shield greatly reduces damage but doesn't allow the Overdrive bar to increase, and Dismiss removes the aeon from battle and brings your characters back.

jammi567
09-01-2006, 05:11 PM
From the best strategy guide on the web 'http://http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_eu.txt':

"Although by taking a look at boss' HP it may seem a hard boss, it's
not. Use Wakka, Auron and Tidus. Got lightning based weapons in your stock?
Good, unload at the boss until it bites the dust. If you don't have these, it's
quite alright, but the battle will take longer.
Why is this better strategy than getting rid of Negator?
- boss counters almost every attack with Assault, which deals about 800 damage
to attacker
- on each fourth turn it'll use Mana Beam, which deals about 1300 damage to all
chrs (you can check how many turns left by blinking lights on boss' turret gun)
- I'd rather get hit by Gatling Gun (with Negator around), which hits 8 times,
but it deals less damage than single Assault (each hit scores for about 50
damage)
- plus boss doesn't counter at all with Negator around
Lastly, use Hi-Potions to heal yourself when need be.
ADDITIONAL STRATEGY: Start battle with Tidus, Wakka and Auron. Have Wakka
attack Negator until it's killed. For that time being have Tidus and Auron
attack Crawler or heal if wounds get severe (if you wish, use Tidus' Cheer to
increase Str and Def). Once Negator is down, swap Wakka for Lulu and Auron for
Yuna. Now Crawler starts countdown to Mana Beam and will *not* attack for three
turns. Mana Beam is released on fourth turn. Tidus now casts Haste at all
three, and (if possible) Slow at Crawler. As Scan indicates, Crawler spits out
another Negator once Crawler has been hit with four magic attacks. All three of
your chrs are now getting two turns in a row before Crawler gets one (or even
up to four turns per one Crawler's in case you Slow-ed it down). Your main goal
here is to have Lulu throw four magic attacks at Crawler as quickly as she can.
Heal her each time she will get countered by Assault. It's also a good thing to
cast Yuna's protective spells on the party, if she has learned them already.
Once that is accomplished, another Negator pops out. Swap to your original
team: Lulu and Yuna out, Auron and Wakka in. Crawler will continue countdown to
Mana Beam, but when it reaches the time to be released, nothing will happen cos
of Negator around.:) Again have Wakka attack Negator until it's down, Auron and
Tidus attack Crawler... etc etc. Simply rinse and repeat and you will win with
no difficulties. If Rikku had stolen any elemental-based items so far, you can
have her use them on Crawler - highly recommended are Electro Marbles.
BIG TIP: If Rikku got lucky and she stole Silver Hourglass from one of these
enemies: Lamashtu or Vouivre, have her use it on Crawler. Slow effect works
100% of the time, unless the fiend is immune to it."