PDA

View Full Version : FFVI Advance

SpikingZero
08-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Forgive me if this question has already been asked. Anyway, does anybody know whether or not the GBA release of FFVI will contain a new translation from the original, or will it mostly be a carbon-copy of the translation from its SNES release?

I know they did a re-translation for FFIV, and FFV (I think), I'm just wondering if they would continue with this trend.

Avarice-ness
08-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Well, I don't know for sure, but I would say there may be a good chance. If you think about it, as it evolved from SNES to PSX it had it's little tweaks, and since they said that there would be other extra things.

Think of it this way, FFIV was an SNES original just like FFVI was, they changed things in FFIV so there's always the chance the same thing will happen. But like I said, not sure, but going by statistics. :razz:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-31-2006, 12:57 AM
Patterns would indicate that the GBA version's script will be a revision of the SNES script if not a complete rewrite. But considering how popular the SNES script is, I wouldn't expect them to change too much, really.

abrojtm
08-31-2006, 04:46 AM
I predict a remake, but keeping the horrible jokes we've come to know and love. Kind of like FFIV Advance kept "You Spoony Bard!", FFVI will probably keep things like "Son of a Submariner!" and "Wait? Do I look like a waiter?"

Zeromus_X
08-31-2006, 04:47 AM
FFIV used alot of the Chronicles script, so they must have thought that was satisfactory. Dunno about FFV, but at least we don't have the 'N-Zone'.

Edit: The only problem with keeping the funny famous one-liners, is that Woosley's FFVI script is full of wacky one-liners. They'd just be better off keeping that script if they wanted to keep in all the funnies.