PDA

View Full Version : and drugs....

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I hate it when fads and such get started and then movies and films advertise the themes around. Anyways a trailer advertises action it adveertises a story or plot.

You know batman trailer shows batman.

I dont know how many people you know that do drugs but in high school it was a high number for me in college, the real world it was fewer people.

Anyways I just saw a trailer and it said

Action
stunts
women
drugs

Or something like that. The stupid horrible entertainment industry doesnt give a flying fuck about us and our teens and our teens have a growing problem and addiction with drugs. Peer pressure anwd what have you and now in movie trailers for this new action flick the loosers have enough nerve to mention drugs in the trailer because these fucking kids think its cool to do those drugs. It pisses me off. I lost respect for advertising and that movie all in a momment of reflection.

ARe drugs really this big of a problem in out society? Do drugs really influence that many of our brain dead fools that the advertising industry has to encourage it or show case it in the one of the largest and most influentall past times of all of humanity!!!??

Films should not encourage this. Films should not advertise this. This is wrong. I hate them.

IT PISSES ME OFF.

ARGH!!! I HATE YOU WORLD!!! I HATE YOU YOu blood sucking advertisers!!!

Dreddz
08-30-2006, 09:23 PM
IT PISSES ME OFF.

It seem like you need drugs more than anyone....

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 09:24 PM
IT PISSES ME OFF.

It seem like you need drugs more than anyone....

I dont want drugs and I dont want to be a looser with a drug addiction. Im going to be a winner in life not a low down drug addict seeking rehab. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.;)

theundeadhero
08-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Not everyone shares your opinion on drugs, or those that use them.

Old Manus
FIGHT TEH PWER!

Rye
While I think it's a bit silly for movies to make drugs look really "cool", movie ads don't MAKE teens roll up and shoot up. It's their choice and no one else's.

Venom
08-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Drugs are bad...mmkay.

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 09:30 PM
While I think it's a bit silly for movies to make drugs look really "cool", movie ads don't MAKE teens roll up and shoot up. It's their choice and no one else's.

Shooting people with a gun is different than drugs. Honestly this is the first commerical Ive seen that says in bold

DRUGS

.....people wont kill people as seen in a movie but alot of people at the age of say 14 would probabally be enocuraged to do drugs, where they arent killing some one or where they arent hurting anyone. Especially if some smuck of a movie makes it out to be ok and cool.

Moon Rabbits
08-30-2006, 09:30 PM
action
stunts
men
drugs

...Sounds like my kind of movie.

EDIT: And how is shooting heroine NOT a drug? :confused:

theundeadhero
08-30-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm sure the movie Blow encouraged millions.

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 09:33 PM
action
stunts
men
drugs

...Sounds like my kind of movie.

EDIT: And how is shooting heroine NOT a drug? :confused:
Shooting with a gun....;) Like bullets like bang bang ,blood ,dead....

I'm sure the movie Blow encouraged millions.

That movie showed only some one's life style. They didnt yell out drugs in deep bold print in there advertisments. It wasnt an action movie either. Action movies try to define what is cool.

Blow was a hellish life style...

Alive-Cat
08-30-2006, 09:41 PM
I might just have family addicted to drugs. Direct family. But, whether I do or not is totally a mystery! :spin:
Basically, my opinion on drugs is pretty mixed.
On the one hand, I don't like them, because I've grown up my whole life always feeling guilty, all the time.
On the other I think drugs can be fine as long as you don't get addicted. As long as you play it safe, doing a drug every now and again with your friends can not do much harm, if you're careful.

Three serious posts in a row is enough for me. I am freaked out. :(

Rocket Edge
08-30-2006, 09:48 PM

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 09:51 PM
It just upsets me. I want to be a part of film at the highest level. Im upset about this ad. I dont do drugs though so maybe its my strong biast to dislike the ad.

I am working in college to become a film director and this ad simply upsets me.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-30-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't like drugs, and I won't be around people on them anymore, my ex used to do drugs, and get very nasty while on them.

Psychotic
08-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Is a movie trailer containing the word "Drugs" really going to make thousands of people start taking drugs?

If they're that suggestible, I'm surprised they've lived as long as they have.

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Is a movie trailer containing the word "Drugs" really going to make thousands of people start taking drugs?

It's an action flick. The key components to action flicks are

fads
stunts
what is cool
what is supposed to be cool
action
violence (sometimes)

People are weak , lets face it . IF there hero, there favorite actor comes on the screen smoking up they are going to be more open to the idea than if a fat man dressed in a tuxedo walks up to them and says "do drugs" There really isnt any arguing this point.Well atleast for a hand full of people .

An average parent in a average boring world. Syaing dont do drugs they are bad for you and are not cool as opposed to a block buster movie that is interesting and exciting will speak more volume to the immaturity and fantasys of the younger individual. Which means a greater influence by film which means a stronger likely hood for them to follow the example set in the film.

XxSephirothxX
08-30-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm guessing you saw an ad for Crank, and I don't think the advocation of drugs in over-the-top Hollywood action flicks is really something to worry about. We've got stuff like Requiem for a Dream to balance it out.

Venom
08-30-2006, 10:32 PM

It's an action flick. The key components to action flicks are

fads
stunts
what is cool
what is supposed to be cool
action
violence (sometimes)

People are weak , lets face it . IF there hero, there favorite actor comes on to screen smoking up they are going to be more open to the idea than if a fat man dressed in a tuxedo walks up to them and says "do drugs" There really isnt any arguing this point.

People arent as weak as you think. When I see cool people like (for example) Nicholas Wolfwood take a ciggarette out I dont go "Fucking awesome, I'm gonna start smoking lucky strikes tommorow!".

BTW Wolfwood is from Trigun in case people were wondering. (Yes anime characters can make drugs and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif look cool too...mmkay.)

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm guessing you saw an ad for Crank, and I don't think the advocation of drugs in over-the-top Hollywood action flicks is really something to worry about. We've got stuff like Requiem for a Dream to balance it out.

Yes that is what started this.

oddler
08-30-2006, 10:42 PM
If someone's hero comes onto the silver screen doing drugs, perhaps that person should re-evaluate the reason(s) why s/he is their hero.

Disclaimer: The above statement does not apply to those who find drug use to be a heroic trait. :p

It's completely up to the individual why they consider someone their hero.

Anaisa
08-30-2006, 10:45 PM
The kind of person who would look at a trailer for a movie, see the word "drugs" an think: "I gotta get me some of those!" Would get in trouble with or without having seen that trailer, if they're that easily influenced.

Decessus
08-30-2006, 10:50 PM
The terminator convinced me to turn myself into a robot. So I sat in the chair and got out my kit of rusty knives, and hypodermic needles I found in that one alley...

I now retain bread on a daily basis.

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Very well, it's all reasonible to say. Arent you angry though that the entertainment industry is advertising drugs as something thats cool. Something so easily to get a hold of . Something that if some one arrogant took it they would have a addiction problem? It's not the point that one movie promotes drugs. Its the future of advertising it the future of advertising not caring at all about our teens and that they will keep advertiisng drugs as being cool.

DRUGS are already a huge problem in the Us. Every damn school I hear about has a large addiction to one drug or another.

That is why they use drugs to now advertise action movies.

That is the point. It is a growing problem with drugs, with all the peer pressure and all the addicts on a large scale and now we have examples from adult figures and action stars doing drugs as its advertised across the world as being something cool in a movie commercial.THATS THE POINT

Miriel
08-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Calm down man.

Take a look at all the movies that show how people who do drugs end up dead, insane, in jail, or in a mental institution. Hell, I think all those things happened in Requiem for Dream.

It's one movie man. Let it go. It's not gonna make a difference if a kid watched one trailer about drugs being cool.

Twisted Tinkerbell
08-30-2006, 11:01 PM
I do agree with you lovehurts, a friend of mine that I loved to pieces totally ruined himself on heroine. So it does pee me off when people go on like drugs are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Anaisa
08-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Very well, it's all reasonible to say. Arent you angry though that the entertainment industry is advertising drugs as something thats cool. Something so easily to get a hold of . Something that if some one arrogant took it they would have a addiction problem? It's not the point that one movie promotes drugs. Its the future of advertising it the future of advertising not caring at all about our teens and that they will keep advertiisng drugs as being cool.

DRUGS are already a huge problem in the Us. Every damn school I hear about has a large addiction to one drug or another.

That is why they use drugs to now advertise action movies.

That is the point. It is a growing problem with drugs, with all the peer pressure and all the addicts on a large scale and now we have examples from adult figures and action stars doing drugs as its advertised across the world as being something cool in a movie commercial.THATS THE POINT
I prefer to concern myself with helping people who have problems they haven't made for themselves. The kind of person who would see somebody in a movie doing drugs an then go an try it themselves for that very reason, isn't the kind of person I'd worry about preserving.

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Calm down man.

Take a look at all the movies that show how people who do drugs end up dead, insane, in jail, or in a mental institution. Hell, I think all those things happened in Requiem for Dream.

It's one movie man. Let it go. It's not gonna make a difference if a kid watched one trailer about drugs being cool.

Advertisers don't think like that though. They give the people what they want. Last I looked drug addiction for teens was very high. Every high school Ive brushed up with says that the drug addiction level at thtere school is high and that there school has a major problem with drugs .

The oldest slogan to the true advertiser is:

"give the people what they want"

This wont be the last movie to promote drugs....I know this because advertisers could care less about your health or the health of teens. Drugs is a big problem here where I live.

Even if others dont want to do drugs a whole decade of movies appealing to a teen audience promoting drugs is more peer pressure and the like than necessary.Advertisrers are not going to stop this as long as we have a real problem. with drugs in the Us and around the world.

licence
08-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Saying that film's make children do drugs is the same as saying video games make us more violent. If a video game or a film influences you into drugs or violence, you must already have had thoughts about doing them anyways.
Also, usually films with drug content and the like have higher ratings, usually 18's so kid's shouldn't be watching them anyway. Wanna blame anyone? Blame the person who rolls it up and then lights it or injects it or whatever.

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Saying that film's make children do drugs is the same as saying video games make us more violent. If a video game or a film influences you into drugs or violence, you must already have had thoughts about doing them anyways.
Also, usually films with drug content and the like have higher ratings, usually 18's so kid's shouldn't be watching them anyway. Wanna blame anyone? Blame the person who rolls it up and then lights it or injects it or whatever.

What aspect of video games are you referring to? Dont be so plain.
There are literally 1000's of video games .Not all involve violence or killing and some actually enhance your minds. Some are puzzle games.

Drugs are easy in most high schools these days. I did not take them but more people did than didnt and the drugs were literally right next to you or behind you or in any direction all you had to do was ask for them.

Video games...killing? Well I think thats obviously a different story . People have a problem with drugs at the high school I once went to but no one was killing anyone nor would they consider it cool or reaslitic to begin with. There is no realistic need to follow the example of killing from video games,

SO your comparrison is silly in my opinion. Drugs however is a very realistic problem in high schools today and I dont appreciate movies promoting the idea of drugs as something exciting and cool.

Drugs dont kill people which most people obviosuly arent done with for obvious reasons...

EDIT: yawns rap music and gangsters....DA THERE IS AN INFLUENCE IN ENTERTAINMENT. HISTORY HAS SHOWN IT....

SammieBabe
08-30-2006, 11:23 PM
lovehurts, if you are this passionate about doing something to combat the world's drug problem, why don't you volunteer at a drug treatment center or something like that, instead of ranting on an internet forum to relative strangers?
Just a suggestion...

lovehurts
08-30-2006, 11:29 PM
lovehurts, if you are this passionate about doing something to combat the world's drug problem, why don't you volunteer at a drug treatment center or something like that, instead of ranting on an internet forum to relative strangers?
Just a suggestion...

I am a passionate person, I am an artist.:p

ARgh. I wish I could just sit here and watch people say its ok to promote the idea of drugs to our teens in our action films as being cool but I really just cant handle that. It angers me that it has been done and I dont doubt that it will be done in the future.

Oh well I guess I cant change anything here anyways.

Vikeve
08-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Lovehurts makes a good point though i doubt the movie will cause thousands of children to do drugs. But in general our society promotes drugs and violence were sort of trapped in a bad system. But lets stop blamming things and do something about. i know im one to talk im a lazy bastard but you gotta be the one to change it.

Drugs suck ass and ruins lives i havent tried smoking and im glad becuase i have had bad experiences with them. Really bad. but lets just face it the commercials that are about stop doing drugs most of them are boring so it is a problem i guess.:confused:

Shiny
08-31-2006, 12:15 AM
I don't see it as a major problem, because it's fiction anywayz. It's what happens in reality that I'm concerned with. Also, I don't think that the media is the sole and main problem of effecting today's youth. People like to point fingers at the media, because they don't want to face the truth that society as whole is just messed up.

lovehurts
08-31-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't see it as a major problem, because it's fiction anywayz. It's what happens in reality that I'm concerned with. Also, I don't think that the media is the sole and main problem of effecting today's youth. People like to point fingers at the media, because they don't want to face the truth that society as whole is just messed up.

A society isnt born messed up. Every thing has its cause or causes. The media is or can be responsible for many changes. Look at rap music for crying out loud with its gangster crap.

My gosh look at james bond movies or star trek and then tell me with a straight face that tv and movies doesnt inspire new inventions or ideas...

Shiny
08-31-2006, 12:36 AM
Nah, the media doesn't shape society a person's personality does.

lovehurts
08-31-2006, 12:43 AM
Nah, the media doesn't shape society a person's personality does.

No one's personality is complete without society and no society is without a media .....

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Has anybody seen Trainspotting? I'm still struggling to see the point of this film's making. Does it in anyway glamorise heroin addiction or subdue it? Apparently there has been a misunderstanding about it's intentions between anti-drug campaigners and film critics. If anyone can actually explain the subtle message behind this film if any I'd be happy to hear it.

oddler
08-31-2006, 01:00 AM
A society isnt born messed up. Every thing has its cause or causes. The media is or can be responsible for many changes. Look at rap music for crying out loud with its gangster crap.

OK, now we're just getting way off topic.

People have a right to enjoy/create/spit at/puke on/praise rap music. Rap music in that sentence can also be substituted with almost any other word or phrase, by the way. We (most of us, anyway) are free to choose whatever we want to do with ourselves in any way, shape, or form. One, alone, controls one's actions.

If the media wants to advertise poo on a stick, then it can. If that's what the people want, then that's what they're going to broadcast.

Here's something to think about: Why do you think drugs are bad?

Shiny
08-31-2006, 01:08 AM
Movies are just movies. Most people don't change their lives just, because they saw something on television that presuades them to do so. Not all people are that weak minded and I don't think a movie should be to blame for when people decide to kill a person, or get drugged up. As Rye said, it's the person's choice. Besides... most people take drugs, because of peer pressure from other people. Or, because they feel it will help them deal with their troubles in some way.

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-31-2006, 01:11 AM
guys this one time i saw clockwork orange and he took drugs and raped people but they didn’t portray it in a negative light even though they did so i raped some girl at a party while on drugs and i went to jail and now my life suxx0rs im suing :mad2::mad2::mad2:

lovehurts
08-31-2006, 01:14 AM

OK, now we're just getting way off topic.

People have a right to enjoy/create/spit at/puke on/praise rap music. Rap music in that sentence can also be substituted with almost any other word or phrase, by the way. We (most of us, anyway) are free to choose whatever we want to do with ourselves in any way, shape, or form. One, alone, controls one's actions.

If the media wants to advertise poo on a stick, then it can. If that's what the people want, then that's what they're going to broadcast.

Here's something to think about: Why do you think drugs are bad?

It inst off topic. I gave clear examples of how the media has warped society. Gansta or home boy or any damn thing that was originated from the media.

HEll you dont even know. I am studdying film in college . A film called "birth of a nation" mulitplied the KKK by twice its originall size this is well known. It influenced people to crazy amounts to do so.This is all related to the topic at hand. The media this film and any other media effects society. Pooping on a stick if it was aa style or fad it might just work. Heaven knows that 100's of fads and styles were media originated. Look at james bond or star trek and look at all the inventions inspired from the media. Look at ealry rappers and see how they have influenced our ghetto boys and "gansters" as rap and as themselves would be known as.

Look at music , some famous murders or killers even blame lyrics in music for there horrors. BLAH BLAH BLAH I could go on.....

You would be blind or death or dumb any of your choice to not acknowledge a steady influence that the media casts on our youth as well to even an older and more mature public.

I could give you examples of it all day long.

The fact is that advertising drugs something that is close to home and easy to get, soemthing that could hurt people in a movie is wrong. Especially when most people seeing it will be teens , who are easily driven by there peers regardless of how you personally bond with yours or how you defend yourself in this argument. Peer pressure is a big issue in society and drugs are everywhere in the us as a major on going problem. The influence of films is larger than you think it is. Even in a physchologicall prespective of the sub conscious and blah...I rather not get into it.

This is how I feel and if you think Im being unfair I could say the same about you. This is my opinion and I dont ask that you agree with me but I still say that drugs avertised in a trailer for an action film is wrong.

I dont understand why you dont get this. Peer pressure would surely be greater if films were advertising it as cool....its common sense people....

Venom
08-31-2006, 01:16 AM
Look at music , some famous murders or killers even blame lyrics in music for there horrors. BLAH BLAH BLAH I could go on.....

Some people use it as in excuse to justify what they did.

lovehurts
08-31-2006, 01:20 AM

It isnt going to save them in court so Id call it a reason not an excuse. A excuse tries to dismiss punishment for your responbilities. You arent really going to get out of the punishment of killing some one even if you say some one else told you to do it , in most cases. That is obvious to anyone.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-31-2006, 01:29 AM
Drugs are bad!
They make you mad!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thatīs how it is...at least i think so...

Venom
08-31-2006, 01:31 AM

It isnt going to save them in court so Id call it a reason not an excuse. A excuse tries to dismiss punishment for your responbilities. You arent really going to get out of the punishment of killing some one even if you say some one else told you to do it , in most cases. That is obvious to anyone.

You can use stuff like "Violent song lyrics" or "subliminal messages" as an excuse to pleas insanity in court. Yes I have seen it done.

lovehurts
08-31-2006, 01:36 AM

You can use stuff like "Violent song lyrics" or "subliminal messages" as an excuse to pleas insanity in court. Yes I have seen it done.

You dont know if the song influenced them truthfully or not in any case.....
SO saying it was an excuse to benefit your personall take on it when in fact it cant be proven any 2 ways is not very respectible.

It could be a lie , it could be true. You really couldnt prove it and if you posted a link trying to prove that it was an lie and an excuse and that the music diddnt really influence him . You would be showing me how much the media and news rerporters who writte any poppular bs that comes to mind and that sounds good... influences your life.

Maybe it is true maybe it isnt that is how I feel.

subliminal messages could you clarify what evidence you could use in court of such nature that couldnt be proven right or wrong of the accusation of its content in court after visitng a tech lab?

Shiny
08-31-2006, 01:38 AM
HEll you dont even know. I am studdying film in college . A film called "birth of a nation" mulitplied the KKK by twice its originall size this is well known. It influenced people to crazy amounts to do so. Never heard of it and I've taken film/television class too. You can't blame the media for the ignorance of the KKK. They manage to pull people in by making them believe what they say is true. Them using the media, is just another way to get the blame off of themselves.

Look at music , some famous murders or killers even blame lyrics in music for there horrors. BLAH BLAH BLAH I could go on..... People listen to the same music as some of the killers. And yet, they have never killed anyone. Why? Because, it was never the music that effected the killers to kill people in the first place.

You would be blind or death or dumb any of your choice to not acknowledge a steady influence that the media casts on our youth as well to even an older and more mature public.
Sure, the media influences people, but it doesn't force that person to take certain actions. People do that all on their own.

Peer pressure is a big issue in society and drugs are everywhere in the us as a major on going problem. Peer pressure is not from the media. It's from a person's friends (or fellow youth) that persuade them to take drugs, or what have you.

lovehurts
08-31-2006, 01:41 AM
Shiny you should get your money back. "Birth of a Nation " is one of the most famous films of its day and any film historian knows it. I dont know what class you took at like 15 or 16 ...judging by your age. But what I am taking is a college class full of adults ranging for 18 to 40......

The reason the film did influence them is because it suggested racism in the film and showed evil amongst the black man and at the time film was ever more inspirationall and at the time the black man had just ended slavery. So began the questioning and arguing of the black mans worth as a free man. The video showed them as lazy and non productive and evil. This lead to people with feelings they already had to explode into stronger feelings due to slavery just ending and due to the fact that some people wanted slvaery back. People feared the black mans freedom and thus the KKK grew.

The president said

"this is history with thunder" or something of that nature.

Moon Rabbits
08-31-2006, 01:43 AM
The movie isn't pushing drugs on kids anyway. What it's doing is appealing to the kids who already do drugs, and in case you haven't noticed, that's alot of people (especially teenagers).

I myself did not start using drugs because I saw someone in a movie do it, nor has anyone else I've spoken to.

Also, your reference to "Birth of a Nation" (a movie which I've never seen, but I assume that it is pro-KKK). If there are a bunch of red-neck ignorant hill-billies who hate anyone who isn't white and they make a movie that makes it big due to controversy or whatever, that's going to attract other red-neck ignorant hill-billies who have not yet heard of this group but have the same values.

EDIT: Azar gets a <3 for mentioning Requime for a Dream.

lovehurts
08-31-2006, 01:46 AM
The movie isn't pushing drugs on kids anyway. What it's doing is appealing to the kids who already do drugs, and in case you haven't noticed, that's alot of people (especially teenagers).

I myself did not start using drugs because I saw someone in a movie do it, nor has anyone else I've spoken to.

Also, your reference to "Birth of a Nation" (a movie which I've never seen, but I assume that it is pro-KKK). If there are a bunch of red-neck ignorant hill-billies who hate anyone who isn't white and they make a movie that makes it big due to controversy or whatever, that's going to attract other red-neck ignorant hill-billies who have not yet heard of this group but have the same values.

Forgive me for bringing the film up none of you know /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about it....
Nor do you understand why or when it was made and how it influenced or impacted society.

We have a big drug problem now , in todays society all I fucking saying is that I dont like movies influencing it more. That is fuckign all , is that such a big fucking deal to handle?

If you tried to quite drugs and saw one film or heard a song about lighting up I bet your addictions would suck you right back into it.

Venom
08-31-2006, 01:47 AM

SO saying it was an excuse to benefit your personall take on it when in fact it cant be proven any 2 ways is not very respectible.

It could be a lie , it could be true. You really couldnt prove it and if you posted a link trying to prove that it was an lie and an excuse and that the music diddnt really influence him . You would be showing me how much the media and news rerporters who writte any poppular bs that comes to mind and that sounds good... influences your life.

subliminal messages could you clarify what evidence you could use in court of such nature that couldnt be proven right or wrong of the accusation of its content in court after visitng a tech lab?

It could be a lie , it could be true. You really couldnt prove it and if you posted a link trying to prove that it was an lie and an excuse and that the music diddnt really influence him . You would be showing me how much the media and news rerporters who writte any poppular bs that comes to mind and that sounds good... influences your life

For somebody who is asking ME for proof in a link you sure as hell havent been coughing it up yourself.

lovehurts
08-31-2006, 01:49 AM

It could be a lie , it could be true. You really couldnt prove it and if you posted a link trying to prove that it was an lie and an excuse and that the music diddnt really influence him . You would be showing me how much the media and news rerporters who writte any poppular bs that comes to mind and that sounds good... influences your life

For somebody who is asking ME for proof in a link you sure as hell havent been coughing it up yourself.

I dont need to its my opinion....
You say that it is an excuse and you seem to try to pass it off as fact no matter what, or maybe thats just how I see it. Regardless Ive been only stating my opinion the whole time except for the bit I posted about the film "birth of a nation"

Moon Rabbits
08-31-2006, 01:52 AM

Forgive me for bringing the film up none of you know /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about it....
Nor do you understand why or when it was made and how it influenced or impacted society.

We have a big drug problem now , in todays society all I smurfing saying is that I dont like movies influencing it more. That is smurfign all , is that such a big smurfing deal to handle?

If you tried to quite drugs and saw one film or heard a song about lighting up I bet your addictions would suck you right back into it.

Easy buddy, I wasn't attacking you or anything.

All I'm saying is the movie isn't influencing anyone. It's actually targeting the people who already do the drugs.

Venom
08-31-2006, 01:52 AM
I dont need to its my opinion....

Ok there you go. And what I had stated earlier about people using these supposed "Violent Lyrics" or otherwise overrall "Suggestive" as an excuse to plead insane or to get an easy way out is my opinion as well.

Shiny
08-31-2006, 01:57 AM
The reason the film did influence them is because it suggested racism in the film and showed evil amongst the black man and at the time film was ever more inspirationall and at the time the black man had just ended slavery. So began the questioning and arguing of the black mans worth as a free man. The video showed them as lazy and non productive and evil. This lead to people with feelings they already had to explode into stronger feelings due to slavery just ending and due to the fact that some people wanted slvaery back. People feared the black mans freedom and thus the KKK grew.
Well, there you go. It was never the movie that made them feel angry and racists towards others. But, it was the feelings they already had. People always point them blame at something (especially the media), because they don't want to take responsibility for their actions. Wait, I'm confused... The topic is how movies influence people, right? I feel like I'm going off-topic here.

P.S. That Birth of a Nation movie looks really scary. I could never watch something like that.

lovehurts
08-31-2006, 02:00 AM
Well, there you go. It was never the movie that made them feel angry and racists towards others. But, it was the feelings they already had. People always point them blame at something (especially the media), because they don't want to take responsibility for their actions. Wait, I'm confused... The topic is how movies influence people, right? I feel like I'm going off-topic here.

P.S. That Birth of a Nation movie looks really scary. I could never watch something like that.

I just fucked myself over!!!

*walks away in defeat*

I may have lost but Im trying to walk away with self respect.

Hides the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif on his leg....

Ok I loose, that was fun...later....

I still hate the preview I just saw it again and I still hate it.

Mr. Graves
08-31-2006, 02:49 AM
I really, really wish people would stop thinking humans would so sheepish as to emulate anything we would see on TV, Movies, Video Games, etc. It's getting ridiculous. Sometimes I think people who proclaim this just want to put themselves on some pedestal by thinking they have to preach to people.

Having said that, drugs has been on TV and movies for <I>years</I> and it'll never change. I'm actually glad as shielding people from "negative" stuff (from a subjective viewpoint) like that is actually healthy, and nothing is gained from entertainment featuring roses, rainbows and candy all of the time.

escobert
08-31-2006, 02:52 AM
lol?

Roto13
08-31-2006, 03:01 AM
I really, really wish people would stop thinking humans would so sheepish as to emulate anything we would see on TV, Movies, Video Games, etc.

*stares out window at a sea of wiggers*

Maybe some humans?

BardTard
08-31-2006, 03:42 AM
Almost everyone I know does drugs. I don't though, I think it's the dumbest thing you can do. I think drugs are morally wrong, because it's a personal issue I have, drugs have screwed me up and I've never even done them. I think they're definitely a problem.

fire_of_avalon
08-31-2006, 04:18 AM
lovehurts, if you're a film student, then you KNOW that "Birth of a Nation" is a propaganda film, and has no place in this discussion of films meant to be forms of entertainment. That's like comparing apples to apples that suggest you kill babies. Of course a propagandist film is going to have a specific promotion, and of course the people who respond most resoundingly to that promotion are people who have already taken interest in the subject matter. A film created to entertain is not going to have those propagandist qualities, and is not going to promote anything. It's merely going to tell a story.

Furthermore, media does not shape us. We determine what media to take in and what media to disregard. While it is true that there are some cases of people who have been "led" to violent acts as a result of viewing a certain media, these are the exception, not the rule. Normal, average, sane people are not influenced by an hour and a half's worth of flashy explosions to do something they didn't already want to do in the first place.

As a student of the media, you should understand that holding media institutions at fault for the actions of individuals is wrong. People determine their own lives, and the various forms of media in the world make commentary on that.

Moon Rabbits
08-31-2006, 06:35 AM
Your whole counter-argument was excellent foa, but this made me want to eat roflwaffles covered in lolsyrup.

That's like comparing apples to apples that suggest you kill babies.

nik0tine
09-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Drugs are cool. Everyones doing them. In fact, 98% of the teenage population does them. Do you want to be one of the 2% that doesn't? I don't think so.

Moon Rabbits
09-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Drugs are cool. Everyones doing them. In fact, 98% of the teenage population does them. Do you want to be one of the 2% that doesn't? I don't think so.

<3.

Fuego
09-17-2006, 12:18 AM

Shooting people with a gun is different than drugs. Honestly this is the first commerical Ive seen that says in bold

DRUGS

.....people wont kill people as seen in a movie but alot of people at the age of say 14 would probabally be enocuraged to do drugs, where they arent killing some one or where they arent hurting anyone. Especially if some smuck of a movie makes it out to be ok and cool.I have to say that comment makes no sense ... people have killed other people by immitating things seen in movies ... why are there disclamers do no try this at home ... in my opinion this is a pretty ignorant thread ...

sephirothishere
09-17-2006, 12:23 AM
durgs are cool if you wanna get kicked out of every house you go to and sleep in the rain and crap your pants....but thats not cool....i did them occasionally for a while last summer....i gots strong willpower so i didnt get addicted....ive never been addicted to anythin really....but anyway i was sayin some people i know do drugs and are cool like in the mornin and then they do whatever and are complete assholes...

Fuego
09-17-2006, 12:36 AM
marijuana isn't a drug ... its a feel good wacky tabaccy :evilking:

Disclamer***
Marijuana may make you feel good for a short period of time, in that time you may experience hallucinations, open mindedness, hunger, and a feeling that you are better than everyone else because they are stupid fartknockers. :mwahaha: :lol: ROFLMFAO !!!!!!!!!

***EDIT***
I mean 'drugs are bad mmmk ?'

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-17-2006, 03:08 PM
If ALL drugs are 'bad'... Then why haven't alchol and cigarettes and ridaliene, ect, been outllawed?

Roto13
09-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Because they've been legal for too long.

krissy
09-17-2006, 10:20 PM
bc it keeps the population under control

sephirothishere
09-17-2006, 10:24 PM
ridaliene...is bad /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif.....is that the stuff that makes you really like an old person in an old folks home.....

i dont count alcohol as a drug....nor cigarettes....whats the point in cigarettes...you dont get high or drunk from them how boring....