PDA

View Full Version : Clouds Responses and Personality

jimmyoneshot
08-30-2006, 09:26 PM
I am interested to know what people think would be Cloud's correct responses in relation to Cloud's personailty and want to know how Cloud would respons to certain questions and events within the game. I ask these questions as I am currently doing an essay for college relating to this subject and coud's personality at the start of the game is what I need to grasp.

1. Would Cloud accept the flower from Aeris or tell her to get lost

2. On the train when Wedge asks Cloud if he thinks Wege has got a bright future, would Cloud say "What do you have in mind" or "I wouldn't hold my breath".

3. Would Cloud have a drink with Bigss in the bar or say no.

4. Would Cloud accept a drink from Tifa in the bar.

5. Would Cloud tell Wedge he is too uptight or not

6. When Cloud asks Cloud if he really doesn't care about the planet and just wants friends would he say "Blow off" or "No I really don't care".

I know that Cloud initially is very cold but it appears that Square have put in these responses for a reason and I am just trying to understand Cloud's true personality. Also does his attitude change later on such as when Avalanche are dying on the pillar would he treat them with the same cold responses or be more sympathetic.

Thanks in advance

Peter_20
08-30-2006, 10:16 PM
I am interested to know what people think would be Cloud's correct responses in relation to Cloud's personailty and want to know how Cloud would respons to certain questions and events within the game. I ask these questions as I am currently doing an essay for college relating to this subject and coud's personality at the start of the game is what I need to grasp.

1. Would Cloud accept the flower from Aeris or tell her to get lost

2. On the train when Wedge asks Cloud if he thinks Wege has got a bright future, would Cloud say "What do you have in mind" or "I wouldn't hold my breath".

3. Would Cloud have a drink with Bigss in the bar or say no.

4. Would Cloud accept a drink from Tifa in the bar.

5. Would Cloud tell Wedge he is too uptight or not

6. When Cloud asks Cloud if he really doesn't care about the planet and just wants friends would he say "Blow off" or "No I really don't care".

I know that Cloud initially is very cold but it appears that Square have put in these responses for a reason and I am just trying to understand Cloud's true personality. Also does his attitude change later on such as when Avalanche are dying on the pillar would he treat them with the same cold responses or be more sympathetic.

Thanks in advance1. I think he would accept it; I always found Cloud to be cold and emotional at the same time - a guy who does care for others, but feels this need to act all cool and macho. :D
After all, he did remember Wedge's name, and cared for him in the end.

2. Cloud would probably ask what he had in mind, but also be pretty... self-absorbed.

3. Nah, probably not, at least not if he didn't know for sure that Wedge wanted it.

4. Yes. They were childhood friends, after all, and Cloud just couldn't treat such a friend as dust.

5. He'd probably go all macho again and tell him he's too uptight.

6. "No, I really don't care", but the tune in his voice would say the opposite. :p

These are my assumptions. :)

jimmyoneshot
08-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks mate what about later on at the pillar talking to dying Biggs and Jessie.

In response to Biggs question "Cloud so you really don't care what happens to the planet" (or something like that) would Cloud answer "nope not interested" (cold) or "You're injured" (Sympathetic)

In response to Jessie saying Im glad I can talk with you one last time would he say "Is that so" (Cold) or "Don't say last" (Sympathetic)

Peter_20
08-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Thanks mate what about later on at the pillar talking to dying Biggs and Jessie.

In response to Biggs question "Cloud so you really don't care what happens to the planet" (or something like that) would Cloud answer "nope not interested" (cold) or "You're injured" (Sympathetic)

In response to Jessie saying Im glad I can talk with you one last time would he say "Is that so" (Cold) or "Don't say last" (Sympathetic)You're welcome. :D

Well, I doubt he would keep up this cold attitude in the middle of such a situation.
He would most likely feel sympathy for the guys, I think.

jimmyoneshot
08-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks a lot mate but would you agree that Cloud's personality is extremely complicated to figure out and sum up as it seems to be constantly chaging back and forth throughout the game as well as fact that there is no voice actors used making it hard to figure out what he is thinking.

LunarWeaver
08-30-2006, 10:55 PM
The answer to all questions related to Cloud is Tifa. Because I say it is.

1. Would Cloud accept the flower from Aeris or tell her to get lost: Tifa

2. On the train when Wedge asks Cloud if he thinks Wege has got a bright future, would Cloud say "What do you have in mind" or "I wouldn't hold my breath".: Tifa

3. Would Cloud have a drink with Bigss in the bar or say no.: Tifa

4. Would Cloud accept a drink from Tifa in the bar.: Tifa

5. Would Cloud tell Wedge he is too uptight or not: Tifa

6. When Cloud asks Cloud if he really doesn't care about the planet and just wants friends would he say "Blow off" or "No I really don't care".: Tifa

Once again my logic has saved the day.

jimmyoneshot
08-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Oh one more thing in the bar when Wedge is about to tell Cloud a story about himself would Cloud respond with "about what?" or "I'm not interested in your stories"?

Peter_20
08-31-2006, 07:07 PM
Thanks a lot mate but would you agree that Cloud's personality is extremely complicated to figure out and sum up as it seems to be constantly chaging back and forth throughout the game as well as fact that there is no voice actors used making it hard to figure out what he is thinking.Yeah, therefore I'm not sure at all that I've given you the "correct" answers.
But everything in the game gives hints of him being this "cold BUT in reality emotional" kind of guy.

Basically, he acts cold whenever he feels comfortable with things around him; if something serious happens, the cold attitude isn't important anymore, and he becomes the emotional hero. :D

"WEDGE! You all right?!" :cool:

Also compare him to Squall.
Squall is basically Cloud with apparent feelings.

aquatius
09-03-2006, 05:25 PM
It's interesting how Cloud's personality develops, it is seen obviously at the point where Cid is trapped under rubble in the rocket and Clud says "I don't leave friends behind." Also at the end of disc 2 with the Cloud and Tifa bit, that was touching to see.

Toodleena
09-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Aerith never offered me a flower.... she just asked if she should leave the area and such.
The other day I thought of an idea they could of put in there.... alot of the decisions they make might affect Cloud's relationship with his friends, mostly Tifa, so I was thinking that just for a little extra they could of put a thing that marks how much he's friends with Tifa and such, e.g if he decides to have her in his team when they leave Midgar, the bar/thing goes up, and if he decides to put her with someone else then it goes down... just stuff like that. It probably wouldn't of been a good idea for the game, but I just got curious as to what his relationships would be with his friends, given the choices I made....:confused:
Also... I noticed that if you don't steal the kid's 7 gil from the draw in his bedroom in Midgar, if you return later he gives you an item he bought with the money he saved up....