PDA

View Full Version : Which Character would you put in XIII?

Namouri
08-30-2006, 09:50 PM
what kind of character would you like to see in final fantasy XIII?

i would like another cloud character (you know, spiky hair, big sword) - or they could put him in like they did in final fantasy tactics. that would be sweet.

Nifleheim7
08-31-2006, 12:14 AM
I would love to see a big war-bot,a completely mechanical one(not a cyborg).
That could be really bad ass!

Crossblades
08-31-2006, 01:19 AM
I love to see Cyborg Ninja, similar to Grobyc from Chrono Cross.

Plus, I would also like to see a Monk and a Dragoon, with a futuristic look

xXxRinoa HeartillyxXx
08-31-2006, 02:00 AM
what kind of character would you like to see in final fantasy XIII?

i would like another cloud character (you know, spiky hair, big sword) - or they could put him in like they did in final fantasy tactics. that would be sweet.

The main female character was a designed to look like a female Cloud, so that'll never happen with Cloud.

And I would like to see a dead sexy character like Squall!! Mmmm, what a babe!!

King-Killer
08-31-2006, 07:08 PM
:lol: It's funny, I wanted to post the same thread yesterday,
Looks like someone beated me to the race. :lol:

I don't mind, less worry for me.

Here it is: Characters & Weapons

Guys: (References to the Characters.)
1- Squall/Seifer Combined (two Great leaders combined. I don't know why people thinks Edea is leader ''she's a slave to Ultimecia and doesn't lead anything beside deceive Seifer.''
2- Auron/Vincent (Auron's Swordmanship & Vincents looks&Gunner)
3- Laguna/Reeves (Pure & Passionate, Amibitius & Right, and Machine Gun!)
4- Cloud (A good Strong Fighter.)

Why Cloud at 4 place, meh. (Didn't had long to say, it's Cloud... we know!)

Girls:
1- Quistis (Live, Sexy & Dangerous) some kind of 'Wild Attitude'.
2- Rinoa&Tifa (Also Beautiful, Loving, the Hearth of the group)
3- Rikku&Selphie (Caring, Nurturing and Care-Free)
4- ''That girl in FFXIII trailer''*
*More teamwork than acting alone, then again, Human Robots & Dog Robots are very easy to beat... Hopefully she won't be alone against that last robot.

Weapons:
Guys:
1- Gunblade(Squall)/Massif one handed Sword(Auron)
2- Spear/ Spear with Both Ends Bladed(One of my Ideas)
3- Machine Gun(Laguna)/ Twin Pistol
4- Nunchaku with 3 Ends (Like Cerberus in DMC3)/ Two Handed Sword

More: Matial Arts/ Axe/ Arm Gun/ Shields/ Discharge Laser weaponry... whatever.

Girls:
1- Blaster Edge/ Pinwheel (No twin Gun and no tiny Rods, please)...sorry Yuna...
2- Unarmed&Sorcery (Like Edea, no bloody marionnettes like Lulu.)...sorry Dante...''Bloody Marionettes DMC1''
3- Kantals/ Rikku's weapon/ Dual Blade
4- Staff/ Chainwhip (Or maybe an magnet like in Tomb Raider, Don't really see this good in battle, except stealing your enemy's weapon.)

Theses are all examples.

Yeah, that's bassicly it.

LunarWeaver
09-01-2006, 12:34 AM
I would like to see a deaf blind mute transexual in a wheelchair as they are horribly underrepresented in video games.

im_mrbrightside20
09-02-2006, 07:53 PM
hmm i think it would be cool to see sumthing like a male mage character as the main like a RDM main character that was a guy and then make the lead girl a strong warrior i think it would add some twist to the game seeing as how usually all the girls are weak and use magic or items(such as rikku) and rarely do u see a strong fighting female character also i think the main character is always a warrior type and maybe the twist would be cool ^^

Spawn of Sephiroth
09-03-2006, 06:31 AM
Sephiroth, of course.

Jessweeee♪
09-04-2006, 06:38 AM
anyone who fights like Lightning!
Definately the most awesome thing I've seen in the FF series

RiseToFall
09-04-2006, 10:02 AM
~What I really want to see in XIII's characters is some originality. To be honest I'm really sick of all the pretty boys in FF. It looks like some of these guys have more make up on then Mimi from the Drew Carey Show.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/RiseToFall47/mimi.jpg
Also I hate when there's rpg cliche stuff.

1.Pretty girl being the white mage.
2.Moody girl/boy be the black mage.
3.Having the big strong guy with a big sword
4.Gravity defying hair
5.Please for the love of god don't have characters with amnesia (my pet peeve in rpg's since Xenogears.)
6. You get the general idea

I do like some tradition in FF such as chocobos and moogles (everyone loves mooges right? How can you not?):mog: But other things have to go.

But I do have to say there are on the right track so far. Having a badass female lead was not what I was expecting from XIII so let's hope Square-Enix hits the cruise-control on this course.

UltimaMasamune
09-04-2006, 05:02 PM
a dragoon hands down I mean there is only one true dragoon in the series (kain of course) Freya is a whiny rat , Khimarhi is a ronso and doesn't have the cool armor , richard can't use dragoon abilities

and for the love of god call him dragoon not dragon knight or lancer or something lame like that

No.78
09-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I second Dragoon...

And there must be blue magic. Someone who is purely Blue Magic centered would be fun.

Jsb01
09-05-2006, 09:55 PM
snakes?

XandrewX
09-06-2006, 04:56 PM
A skillful fighther.Maybe another gunblader?I'm not sure...because i like gunblades...:tongue: Anyway...a repeat of FF8 in a more nicer graphic and more advance world would be nice...SeeD is kinda fun though...

Dell
09-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Vivi, Rydia, Mog and Nanaki as the main team with Kitten Sith, Kimahri, Lulu and Eiko as reserve. They'll travel together and join Lightning's forces.

Araciel
09-08-2006, 03:58 PM
snakes?

you mean like...on a plane?

i think there should be a supporting character named cid who may or may not have something to do with airships

exit60b
09-08-2006, 10:55 PM
i would like to see a RDM-based character, not because my main is RDM on FFXI :p also, I would like to see the gunblade come back :)

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2006, 02:39 AM

4.Gravity defying hair
5.Please for the love of god don't have characters with amnesia (my pet peeve in rpg's since Xenogears.)

I do like some tradition in FF such as chocobos and moogles (everyone loves mooges right? How can you not?):mog: But other things have to go.

But I do have to say there are on the right track so far. Having a badass female lead was not what I was expecting from XIII so let's hope Square-Enix hits the cruise-control on this course.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No.78
09-09-2006, 10:23 AM
also, I would like to see the gunblade come back :)

Well we know there's a gunblade involved so, you win there.

RiseToFall
09-09-2006, 08:34 PM

4.Gravity defying hair

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But I can feel it crumbling as we speak.

LunarWeaver
09-09-2006, 10:44 PM

4.Gravity defying hair

Gravity defying hair must never die! NEVER I SAY!

RiseToFall
09-10-2006, 05:29 AM

4.Gravity defying hair

Look into the computer screen, keep looking.........once you see my eyes, look into them, then tell me truthfully if this doesnt look a bit ridiculous to you.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k232/RiseToFall47/Seymour.jpg

LunarWeaver
09-10-2006, 05:45 AM

4.Gravity defying hair

Look into the computer screen, keep looking.........once you see my eyes look into them and tell me truthfully that this doesnt look a bit ridiculous to you.

I have given the matter careful consideration, and stared at the hair that laughs in the face of physics for full minutes. I have come to the conclusion that it is entirely awesome.

- - - TAURUS - - -
09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Somebody cold hearted and rugged, a loner, a personality of Squall but not so emoish (Christ that dude was depressed). Christ, give at least one guy in the game some facial hair, just about everybodies clean shavin' and metro in the FF universes.

As for the weapon, something besides a sword unless they come up with something really creative, I already have a couple ideas in mind but I'm saving those for when I finally create my own ish.

Bahamut2000X
09-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I say we go against all standard convention and make the next main FF character, a big black guy, much in a similiar fashion to Barret/Mr. T.

He'll have the cool factor, the bad ass factor. But wouldn't be as lacking of a personality as Cloud. Or as emo as Squall. And for once be a nice main lead.

Seriously I don't think there's been any good main characters since 9 and 6. There's just way too main main characters, who seem to try too hard to be cool, yet fail horribly in my opinion.

So yea, on a completely unigue type of main character.

My name is...something..?
09-28-2006, 11:59 PM

4.Gravity defying hair

Look into the computer screen, keep looking.........once you see my eyes, look into them, then tell me truthfully if this doesnt look a bit ridiculous to you.

You dare challenge the greatness that is Maester Seymour Guado's hair?
You sir, will be long dead before the fortnight is through.

Laddy
10-08-2006, 06:00 PM
OK here is a made up list, enjoy!

Lightning-Gunner-16-Pretty and outgoing girl with good grades
Rione-17-Speed Warrior-Outgoing and Cool guy with a sense of humor
Raiden-21-Black Mage-Outgoing Adopted Sister of Lightning Cat-Lady
Hallard-28-Paladin-Tortured Soul and Brother of Lightning and Raiden
Wachen-37-Dragon-Man Dragoon with a quiet attitude
Vialan-23-Thief-Vampire Pirate Chick
Caunas-52-Monk-Captured Martial-Arts instructor (like Yang)
Tyole-28-Blue Mage- Twin Of Toveed, sicentist
Toveed-28-Grenadier-Twin of Tyole, Military Explosives Man
Greageria-42-WhiteMage-Bad-Tempered White Mage Woman
Mogty-11-GreenMage-Friendly Young Moogle
Cyle-25-Bard/StrengthWarrior-Rock Star with Spikey Hair
Paushe-13-Alchemist-Spoiled Cousin of Lightning/Raiden/Hallard
Monaleux-29-Dark Knight-Vampire Man with Evil Personality (Former Villian)
Elric-26-RedMage-Son a medievel-nation's king with red mage hat and white hair pretty-boy type

There, enjoy this crew made by me with WAY to much time on my hands......You wanted a unique crew...

Laddy
10-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Oh, Tyole and Toveed are both black, Raiden isn't moody, just cat-lady, and the white mage is UGLY

JulioA
10-08-2006, 08:57 PM
A provocative main character, showing signs of glam, and bisexuality at times. And leaving everyone in utter confusion, then to only find out hes a human raised on his own, studying science fiction tales. Oh and he wouldnt be gay, just very flamboyant and really really cool.

Laddy
10-08-2006, 09:06 PM
But...the main chracter's a girl...her name is Lightning...she has pink hair...and the main character ARE NOT gay!!! *stares at displeasingly*

JulioA
10-08-2006, 11:41 PM
As great as this seems and I am liking it, I hope she has spikyish pink hair like ziggy or something like morrissey and is very provocative. (throws a moogle at the loser staring at him)

Laddy
10-09-2006, 01:29 AM
*stares at sympatheticly at your ignorance*

JulioA
10-09-2006, 01:44 AM
*stares and realizes that the poor fool infront of him is probably having a blast sitting in front of a computer, cruising the new forum he just joined, feeling like if on cloud 9. When really hes just another mr shankly, that could only understand a bit of what he cites, for creativity and imagination are 2 of the many colors missing from the miserable artwork he calls his life. Let this be a playful reminder of irony logged in for the one who fights back when it will never get anything done, is the ignorant one.*

~SapphireStar~
10-09-2006, 03:43 PM
What?

Anyway, Im happy about a lead female character. But a new lead female character, not a revamped one *looks at Yuna*

Levian
10-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Please keep the conversations in private messages, RedXIII13 and JulioA. Thanks. :)

As for character I'd like to see in FFXIII, I'd definitely love to see a funny character like Quina. She was so underrated.

Laddy
10-09-2006, 06:42 PM
OK, me and Julio will only continue this battle of equality on PMing!

Dinnova
10-09-2006, 11:37 PM
They should have Red XIII(Nanaki) in it just as an easter egg. Just a thought.

Laddy
10-10-2006, 04:12 AM
YES...ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, if you want to make your own FF Character, go to my self-made character contest for info and how to win! Really, we need more people!

Del Murder
10-10-2006, 06:14 AM
You were just told to stop spamming and conversing. Please do not continue. There will also be no need to reply to this post saying you won't spam anymore.

Also don't advertise your other threads.

I would definitely go with Quina.

Laddy
10-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Oh, sry I didn't see that announcement, sorry I'm new. :p

You were asked not to reply to the above post. Please pay attention as you have just contributed to more spam. ~ Leeza

Mercen-X
10-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Why don't you just delete his useless posts for him? Obviously, no member of EYES ON has the capacity to delete their own useless posts. If I were a Cid's Knight, I'd do it.

1- Squall/Seifer Combined (two Great leaders combined.)IMHO, the rivalry between Squall/Seifer was reminiscent of IV's Cecil's personal struggle against his dark leanings. Therefore, a Squall/Seifer character already exists.
2- Auron/Vincent (Auron's Swordmanship & Vincents looks&Gunner)So basically Dante but with Vincent's hair?
1- Massive one handed Sword(Auron)Can someone "get real" for this one? Doesn't seem to be able alone.

3- Machine Gun(Laguna)/Twin PistolFine.

4- Nunchaku with 3 Ends (Like Cerberus in DMC3)Do you mean a SECTION STAFF?

1- Blaster Edge/PinwheelHow about a boomerang?

2- Unarmed&SorceryOr how about Telekinesis?

3- Kantals/ Rikku's weaponKantals...? Rikku's weapon: Gauntlet?

4- ChainwhipFinally, an idea that seems original. If we're discussing actual chain-whips of martial arts descent, and not whips that are just a frickin' chain you could use as a frickin' bike lock.

No.78
10-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Inspector Gadget

Nakor TheBlue Rider
10-16-2006, 05:07 AM
how about as a weapon a ~~> Scythe

and I agree that some Mages need to be Male. So far we got like Tallah from FFIV and Vivi from FF9 as the most memorable Mages. How about a Male Whm or Summoner for a change.

I'd like to see more Female Melee and more Male Mages.
I'd Like to see more unique weapons in FF's, personally i think weve had enough: Big Swords, Staffs.
And How about a Story that Doesnt Make the Summoner like THE greatest most important Person in the whole Game!

JulioA
10-16-2006, 05:35 AM
I say a soulwhip. Its my stagename, I imagine it to be a fiery blue whip with a beautiful yet terrifying black handle.

Ciretho
10-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Two words: Job system. That way you can make all the male white mages you want!

Raebus
10-16-2006, 08:39 AM
No cloud clones, no sephiroth clones, no clones at all or characters based on the mentioned characters. I want originallity. A new Jobclass would be great though.

Mercen-X
10-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Two words: Job system. That way you can make all the male white mages you want!There would still have to be pre-made characters, enemies and NPCs, like in Radiata Stories . . . Oh! There were a lot of male magic-users in that game.

Laddy
10-20-2006, 05:24 AM
How 'bout some twins? Like I mentioned earlier and all polite and proper scientist and a military explosives expert with a bad mouth?

Mercen-X
10-20-2006, 11:36 PM
I'd like to actually role out the game as the Magus Sisters . . . :)

Aurons_Desciple
10-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Someone whose main weapon is Sycthe and maybe someone who double-crosses you halfway through the game

Wolf Kanno
10-21-2006, 08:17 AM
I loved Cloud's Multi sword from Advent Children and would love to see something similiar (just not with guns please...)

I want a charismatic scoundrel for a main character, someone whose not afraid to get their hands dirty just not blatanly evil...

We definetly need more treachery in future FF's...

I agree that I don't want the summoners to be the main focus or end all be all. Square's been trying to recreate Rydia for years and I feel they should stop (because Garnet and Yuna are the main issues that keep their games from being good)

Please for the love of all that is holy, don't have a female lead that leaves the party in hopes of doing what's "best" for the party and instead forces you to move halfway across the planet in order to save her cause she has now just placed your party in danger. And if that can't be done for me, at least give my party the option to break her legs so she can't wander off...(wishful thinking concerning Garnet and Yuna... yes it's one of my pet peeves in rpgs)

I would love to have a suicidal character, it would bring some strong character interactions and character development as long as it was done correctly (that thin line between wanting to help heal this poor soul or wanting them to just do it finally cause you're sick of their constant whining...)

No more perky little girls whose sole role is to add "fun" to the party...

I would love to see a lot of strong willed individuals in your party. More conflict cause you're group is only thinly aligned because of a common goal.

A villian that doesn't want world domination, to become a god, or the the total destruction of everything... Perhaps a charasmatic self righteous individual who is doing his crimes for the sake of what he/she feels is for the "greater good" and what would even be better is if they were'nt completely wrong. That even the player would feel that they are not wrong or just hopelessly misguided.

I want a moogle for a party member (playable, not just some cute mascot who appears in cutscenes)

Laddy
10-22-2006, 03:29 AM
Moogle:Mogty! Strong-Willed:Hallard AND Wachen Summoners:NO! Perky Girls:Not really... The Villian:Wants to destroy the main countries of Marshall, The Archapheligho, and St. Veronica so he can conquer their allied plans to build a way to get other planets to join them, so he'll have the universe to revive his dead love... OH! Suicidal? Hmm...

Mercen-X
10-22-2006, 03:59 AM
I loved Cloud's Multi sword

I want a charismatic character who's not afraid to get their hands dirty and do what's necessary without too much forethought, just not blatanly evil...

We definetly need more treachery in future FF's...

I would love to have a suicidal character

No more perky little girls whose sole role is to add "fun" to the party...

I would love to see a lot of strong willed individuals in your party. More conflict in your group because it is only thinly aligned due to a common goal.

A villian whose crimes are for the sake of what he/she feels to be the "greater good" and what would even be better is if they weren't completely wrong. That even the player would feel that they are not wrong or just hopelessly misguided.

I want a moogle for a party member (playable, not just some cute mascot who appears in cutscenes)
The multi-sword is being done again in Versus XIII

I agree. There needs to be a leader who can make the tough calls without overly drawn out contemplation or severe regrets.

I agree . . . again.

Maybe if it wasn't the main character or anyone else in their group. I don't know how much I'd actually enjoy the game if one of my characters was thinking about offing themself.

Right! No more "fun" girls

Yeah, like in Grandia Xtreme (or at least, the beginning anyway.)

Or how about if the main character actually agreed with the villain and decided to help him out (or at least, found it harder to put their all into trying to stop him)?

I don't really care so much about Moogles. Maybe one of the myriad other trademark FF creatures . . . Chocobo, Moomba, Tonberry, Fang, PuPu, Cactuar, Cait . . .

Fate Fatale
10-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Post # 5 in this thread (the long one with all the misspellings) is actually completely the opposite of what I am looking for in an RPG. I'm also not down with the futuristic crap, but Square made the descisions. I'd be liking the main character a skinny underdog who is deadly with the rapier. Not having them be the strongest of characters would be excellent, allowing the story to focus on other the less wantable characters more.

Also a nice addition to the game would be allowing you to select which character you want to start with. Then later in the game, you can view flashbacks up until the point that you met the others in your party. Sure, it would talk up a lot of space, but who said that you can't have a 2-disc PS2 game or maybe the PS3 will have the capability to hold it all on one game thing. Who knows?

Anyhow character need to be atypical and not stick to the status quo. How about a peppy black mage? or a playable male summoner?

As far as the look of the characters, they need to be creative as they were in FFIX. Sadly everone looks over that games as a black mark in Square history, but I, for one, think it is the greatest in the for of creativity. (The Chocobo stuff was the best in the series!)

Anyhow, these views are mine and talk about them as you want.

Rantz
10-24-2006, 03:09 PM
1. A good comical relief character, like Quina or Steiner from IX.
2. A rough playable character who doesn't evolve much throughout the story to become just like everyone else in the party.
3. A female lead is awesome.

No.78
10-26-2006, 10:00 AM
2. being like Kimahri?

YTDN
10-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Weapons I want to see turning up.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Hozukimaru.jpgA three section staff with a blade at the end.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1e/Ishida_bow.JPG A big, awesome bow.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/da/XIII_Order_08_Axel.png Chakrams!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/XIII_Order_11_Marluxia.png And last of all, a scythe.

I'd also like more girls wielding those kinda weapons, and guys doing the magic and sumoner thang.

Rantz
10-26-2006, 02:46 PM
2. being like Kimahri?

I wouldn't know, I haven't played FFX or X-2. :)

Mercen-X
11-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Have I ever mentioned that I was writing a game that turns the genre-cliche on its head? Using the Extremely-long List of RPG Cliches (not what it's actually called), I formulated an RPG that uses the opposite of all cliches . . . among them being that a male summoner falls head-over for the main character (also male). As the player makes all the decisions, the story itself lends no clue as to whom the main character will end up with. Childhood friend? Gritty gladiatrix? Awesome princess? The summoner?

It was only after reading through the whole list that I realized just what was going on in these RPGs and decided that, man, I want main characters who break all the stereotypes and all the rules.

Formalhaut
03-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I think that a Child would be a good main Character.

No.78
03-09-2007, 08:45 PM
A gay character would be cool.

Hazzard
03-09-2007, 09:16 PM
For some reason they don't like putting anyway homosexual's in FF games.

Namouri
03-11-2007, 05:18 AM
yeah definately girl lead w/ swrod = AWESOME

also i think a good comic relief character...male whitemage with bad temper? hilarious

JOB SYSTEM! hell yes!!!!

here's definately the list for an 8 person party

Lightning...duh
male whitemage
female ninja...i heart yuffie...:love:
male summoner/black mage - it's about time!
female - dragoon...less like freya...more like kain
male guardian (magic knight like beatrix...more sword techs tho.)
female pirate ...yeah she would be f-ing awesome
male archer! w/ mech bow, with different arrow tips woot

also...

cloud as unlockable...and tifa 2

i heart cloud and tifa...and yuffie

.:Lion Heart:.
05-03-2007, 10:07 PM
a gay couple :D.. one should look like Cloud and one like Vaan or Zell. I would love to see a romantic story between 2 guys for once

female ninja...i heart yuffie...:love:

Yuffie :love: I love her. I didn't use her much the last few times I played VII but I really like her. She was really cool in AC. I want to replay the game now and have her in my team :bigsmile:

Edit by Psychotic: Hey there .:Lion Heart:., please don't double post! Use the edit/delete button if you wish to add something else to your original post. Thanks a million!

Mercen-X
05-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I nominate ME.

Fynn
05-05-2007, 08:51 PM
a gay couple :D.. one should look like Cloud and one like Vaan or Zell. I would love to see a romantic story between 2 guys for once

Well, they DID state that Versus XII is going to feature a 'surprising love theme'... Who knows? Your wish may come true! *walks away as quickly as possible*

Mattokenzi
05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
I would like to see a male White Mage (lets break the shackles of female white mage, who always run into trouble) and have a male white mage.

for me all I see in this debate...
A cloud fan girl (who dress like a boy): user of gunblades

A ninja robot: hmm

A Male super model: with a whip

A deaf, mute blind person in a wheelchair: I'll make him have a mech that casts Red Magic

A female dragoon/blue mage:

A gothic warrior: who use 2 swords

Big strong black guy: well I think there should be another one

A doggie: lets make him a wereworf (he can morph into a human)

NGU
05-12-2007, 08:25 AM
I would like to see a deaf blind mute transexual in a wheelchair as they are horribly underrepresented in video games.

Almost there was a keen look-a-like in Tactics Advanced

demondude
05-21-2007, 08:25 PM
emo

Dragonface
05-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Fusion anyone?

Anyway you people can't just set character for FFXIII, what about the other XIII Games (They need characters as well).

Fusing characters are more likely happen in vsXIII than in any othe XIII games.

Suikojowy
06-17-2007, 05:53 PM
A cool playable robot

A quick witted, friendly, perverted male thief (think Locke and Zidane. Not Yuffie and Rikku) with dual daggers. Yes i'm a fanboy =D

Renmiri
06-17-2007, 07:00 PM
A blitzball player! Or make it now an "airball" with gravity boards like RW.

Please Square bring back the fun, cool minigame!!!

Hyperion4444
07-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Their characters should be unique.
They should base their characters on successful/popular characters of PS:

Guys:

FFVII: Cloud, Vincent

FFVIII: Squall, Laguna

FFXI:

FFX: Auron

FFXII: Vaan, Balthier

Girls:

FFVII: Tifa, Aeris

FFVIII: Quistis

FFXI:

FFX: Lulu, Rikku

FFXII: Ashes

Vilains: Vilains with a back story and purposed to be a vilain.

FFVII: Rufus, Shinra Soldier, Turks. A good ending since they moslty came good.

FFVIII: Seifer, Edea. At least they have a story and developpement, unlike no reason Ultimecia has to attachieve her goals.

FFXI:

FFX: Jecht, he has a background story.

FFXII: Vayne if he stays good. Anyone got the reason why he was evil?

I know you people are going to flame me and whatever.
At least I got something Interesting to say.
I couldn't care what you'll say negative...

Disco Potato
07-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Villains with a back-story and purpose to being a villain.

Definitely, and it would be even better if you could (almost) sympathize with them, and they weren't bent on destroying or taking over the world.

As for playable characters, it would be nice if they were more nuanced - not just the badass warrior, "spunky" girl, etc. characters that are basically defined by one outstanding trait.

Timerk
07-15-2007, 12:51 AM
How about a buxom 13 year old with short shorts who is the sex object of much older men? She could even be perky, just to mix things up.

Washington is next
07-18-2007, 09:20 AM
One along the same kind of lines as quina

Eiko Guy
07-22-2007, 04:54 AM
A provocative main character, showing signs of glam, and bisexuality at times. And leaving everyone in utter confusion, then to only find out hes a human raised on his own, studying science fiction tales. Oh and he wouldnt be gay, just very flamboyant and really really cool.
If there is a god I hope that it's you.

I would like a villian who is told to do what they do and believes it to be right. But when they are challenged later in the game they decide not to do the bad thing but have their soul ejected from their body by the person who was controlling them. Then their soul is placed within a cyborg body. They say the don't deserve to be forgiven and the good guys are for the most part ready to forgive him but he runs away. Right when the good guys fight the big baddie they lose. That is until The old villian comes back and tips the scale in their favor. But of course he gets killed and the heroes triumph. He is given a nice little memorial.