PDA

View Full Version : Metalocalypse

Shoden
08-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Best thing on TV ever!

This is fricking hillarious.
*insert stolen stuff from wikipedia*
"Metalocalypse follows the exploits of a half-American/half-Scandinavian death metal band Dethklok. They enjoy a popularity level unheard of in reality. People love their concerts so much that they will sign "pain waivers" at the entrance, releasing the band from legal liability in the (likely) event of an audience member being killed or dismembered in some manner, often by one of the deadly contraptions the band has set up beforehand. The band's concerts are notoriously violent, often resulting in harm to a good portion of the crowd. The members of Dethklok do not seem to care about this, and are portrayed as generally sociopathic and inept in all things non-musical. They're also ridiculously wealthy, so they can get away with just about anything, including murder. In fact, it seems as if they manage to kill several people just by driving from one place to another. The songs the band plays are essentially parodies of real thrash-/death-metal." 1 million times bigger than the Beatles and Led Zeppelin and 1 million times stupider.

The eps are on youtube.
whie shoving teabags in a toaster "Those sluts give us all the free coffee in the world but don't tell us how to cook the damn thing"

here's my favourite sketch from the first episode "What is this place" "I believe it's what is called a food library" "it's called a grocery store you douchepigs... Sorry about douchepigs I have low blood sugar" "ok, we're all trying to make one dish here so buy the stuff on the list and don't just buy booze. That aint food." "what do you mean booze aint food, I'd rather chop off my ding-dong than admit that" "you'd rather chop of your ding-dong than admit booze aint food?" "yeah" "wow"

Anyone else like this show?

I Took the Red Pill
08-30-2006, 10:51 PM
I think it's pretty funny, but I enjoy most other Adult Swim shows more. The characters are great though.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Dammit, now why didn't I post this? :(

Anyways, I love the show. It's the perfect show for me. :cool:

And Pickles says "douchebags" not "douchepigs". He just has a funny accent.

Shoden
08-31-2006, 03:13 PM

I'm only sure he says as "peegz" or "beegz"

I don't really like death metal, I usually see it as utter crap but this is hillarious.

jrgen
08-31-2006, 08:51 PM
I really liked the four shows that were on youtube.

And there is some really brilliant death metal out there. It's probably one of my favourite genres.

Shoden
08-31-2006, 10:46 PM

And there is some really brilliant death metal out there. It's probably one of my favourite genres.

I just cannot find any, I've just been blasted with the stuff that's just grunting and mumbling with no actual singing like Children of Bodom, Death and Morbid Angel. Dethklok maybe fictional but their music is pretty funny, understandable, Metal and kickass. Even for Death Metal. Oh and an album under the name of Dethklok is being released sometime soon.

NorthernChaosGod
09-01-2006, 09:46 AM

I'm only sure he says as "peegz" or "beegz"

He says a lot of words a bit "off" so it would only make sense that he's actually saying douchebags and not some other form.

There have only been four shows aired so far.

jrgen
09-01-2006, 10:30 AM
I just cannot find any, I've just been blasted with the stuff that's just grunting and mumbling with no actual singing like Children of Bodom, Death and Morbid Angel. Dethklok maybe fictional but their music is pretty funny, understandable, Metal and kickass. Even for Death Metal. Oh and an album under the name of Dethklok is being released sometime soon.
Well, the death grunts are a rather central part of death metal, so it's hard to get away from them. Not all DM bands use them, but most do. If you tolerate the music played in the show, there should be a lot of DM out there that you could enjoy. Thanks for the info about the Dethklok album.

Shoden
09-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Well, the death grunts are a rather central part of death metal, so it's hard to get away from them. Not all DM bands use them, but most do. If you tolerate the music played in the show, there should be a lot of DM out there that you could enjoy. Thanks for the info about the Dethklok album.

don't do what the fans in the show do. ROFL. Sniper on a bridge, paris on fire, Rocko the rock and roll clown. Comitting suicide over an album delay.