PDA

View Full Version : Arrested Development

Roto13
08-31-2006, 03:07 AM
The third and final season of Arrested Development is out on DVD. Discuss the awesomeness that was Arrested Development. The show, not the silly little rap group thing.

It's my favourite show, so I hate humanity for not watching it and keeping it on the air.

*scowls at you*

Jowy
08-31-2006, 03:09 AM
Every episode was so quirky and strange and off the wall that I could never get enough of it!

Now the only sitcom worth watching anymore is Scrubs.

Roto13
08-31-2006, 03:15 AM
Every episode was so quirky and strange and off the wall that I could never get enough of it!

Yes, Scrubs is the only funny thing left on TV. Good thing it's got enough funny to cover all of those reality shows.

Moon Rabbits
08-31-2006, 03:20 AM
I love this show AND the rap-group.

Man, they really got crazy in the later episodes, it was amazing. Like the dolphin biting off Buster's hand :love:

Miriel
08-31-2006, 03:32 AM

Yes, Scrubs is the only funny thing left on TV. Good thing it's got enough funny to cover all of those reality shows.

The Office is pretty great too.

But yeah, America is stupid. Arrested Development was the smartest, funniest comedy that was on during its run but no one watched it. What's up with that? I looooved all the inside jokes that you can pick up on. Sometimes, you keep finding new jokes when you re-watch the episodes. I especially enjoyed those jabs they took at FOX toward the end of the show's run. Hee.

Oh and this show took puns and play on words and freakin' ran with it. So fantastic.

Roto13
08-31-2006, 03:40 AM
Like the dolphin biting off Buster's hand :love:

Seal, remember? A loose seal? Lucile?

The Office is pretty great too.

But yeah, America is stupid. Arrested Development was the smartest, funniest comedy that was on during its run but no one watched it. What's up with that? I looooved all the inside jokes that you can pick up on. Sometimes, you keep finding new jokes when you re-watch the episodes. I especially enjoyed those jabs they took at FOX toward the end of the show's run. Hee.

Oh and this show took puns and play on words and freakin' ran with it. So fantastic.

Ah, yes, I forgot about The Office. That's pretty good. The little extra jokes you discover when you rewatch are awesome! That's why I bought all of the DVDs. The throwback jokes were pretty fun, but I think they might have alienated a lot of new viewers. Like, unless you saw the first episode, you wouldn't understand half of the jokes in the last one. It's kind of neat to be part of a small group of people a show seems to be made for, though.

Moon Rabbits
08-31-2006, 03:47 AM
Like the dolphin biting off Buster's hand :love:

Seal, remember? A loose seal? Lucile?

Damn, I can't believe I forgot that. I used to watch that show religiously.

Del Murder
08-31-2006, 03:54 AM
Great show. Too much for the American public to handle I guess. My girlfriend is going to buy season three and we'll watch it this weekend.

Mr. F!

The Unknown Guru
08-31-2006, 04:22 AM
That show ruled. Hands down. "Loose seal!" "What? Lucille?" "LOOSE SEAL!"

edczxcvbnm
08-31-2006, 05:31 AM
I only watch sitcoms on reruns. Helps me filter through the crap. If a good one slips through the cracks because I am not watching then too bad.

I am more into the serialized dramas like 24 and Prison Break.

I Took the Red Pill
08-31-2006, 06:58 AM
The only shows I watch regularly are House, Prison Break, and The Office. The Office is so great because Steve Carell and Rainn Wilson compliment each other perfectly.

I'd like to start watching Scrubs again though. It was great while it lasted.

Fuego
08-31-2006, 10:53 PM
:cheer: Arrested Development !

I loved the 3rd season, but it was abruptly stolen away !
:cry:

Roto13
09-01-2006, 02:12 AM
Just a mere 13 episodes. ;_;

Shoeberto
09-01-2006, 02:22 AM
Nobody watched it because FOX horribly misrepresents its best shows by constantly changing time slots and bouncing around the worst slots at that, so that no one ever knows when it's on. See: Futurama, Firefly.

The show was brilliant, though. I always tried to catch it when it was on.