PDA

View Full Version : regards to the new FFXI crazy plvling advert.

Markus. D
08-31-2006, 05:01 AM
isnt there a level limit to what you can leech?

how would they powerlevel you o_o?

Rostum
08-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Yes there's a limit. I'm not sure where abouts it'd be, but it's there. You could never get powerleveled to 75 in the way you are thinking.

The adverts actually mean they will get your account details, log in as you and level you up very fast. I don't know what kind of person would give their account details to a gilselling company though. ;x

Markus. D
08-31-2006, 12:14 PM
mmm, they say its only till level 20....

maybe they Tank for you out of party?... wait no.... I dont think you can attack a monster that is already being attacked ._. by someone else.

hmmm.

Darius
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
All the high levels ive seen that were PL people would just stand next to that person and buff/heal them while the extremely weak character would hack away for 10 minutes at one monster. The easiest way to PL someone (and I dont know why they dont already do this) is for the high level to almost kill the monster completely, then disengage it. This way a low level can kill it in a few hits as opposed to 100 hits (figure of speech). Thats what I would do if I were PL someone.

ScottNUMBERS
08-31-2006, 01:30 PM
All the high levels ive seen that were PL people would just stand next to that person and buff/heal them while the extremely weak character would hack away for 10 minutes at one monster. The easiest way to PL someone (and I dont know why they dont already do this) is for the high level to almost kill the monster completely, then disengage it. This way a low level can kill it in a few hits as opposed to 100 hits (figure of speech). Thats what I would do if I were PL someone.
That would be a good idea if you could receive Experience that way.

Rostum
08-31-2006, 03:53 PM
You can tank a mob for a party quite easily -- all you need to do is heal the party enough to gather enough hate for the mob to attack you and not the party.

Also, IGE are implementing a thing where you give them your account details and they will level your character for you -- that is what I was refering to.

Mirage
08-31-2006, 05:56 PM
lol, just stay the fux away from IGE alltogether. And PLing is usually just done in a regular party with someone healing and buffing outside of the party. You can probably get yourself to 20 in a day anyway.

Fuego
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
I like PL'ing. Its pretty fun to let a pathetic mob try to kill you while you have Stoneskin on and your Smn sub is rackin' up auto refresh mp points. Not to mention Refresh for Rdm :D !!

One Cure III is usually all it takes then i heal the rest of the battle and buff and IF needed heal some more ... but i usually have the full attention of the mob ;)

Ouch!
08-31-2006, 09:48 PM
I hate PL'ing. At early levels, it prevents people from learning how to properly do their job. It's part of the reason why there are dumbasses at a higher level who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Fuego
08-31-2006, 10:20 PM
I hate PL'ing. At early levels, it prevents people from learning how to properly do their job. It's part of the reason why there are dumbasses at a higher level who don't know what the hell they're doing.I agree with that. I usually only PL 3 ppl in a pt max and i have only PL'd one Whm (Oldsmash) if he sux as a high lvl Whm (its my fault) :lol: !

Vincentsinnerdemon
08-31-2006, 11:19 PM
I hate PL'ing. At early levels, it prevents people from learning how to properly do their job. It's part of the reason why there are dumbasses at a higher level who don't know what the hell they're doing.

This is why I refuse to PL anyone past level 10. I found it's always a good way to make a new friend or help out an old one to take your established WHM RDM SMN PLD ect and get a friend from 1 to 10. And I can't stand when a party will bring in a PL when I'm a WHM. It's not right... they're taking my job lol.

Rostum
09-01-2006, 01:18 AM
lol, just stay the fux away from IGE alltogether.

I mention IGE, because Tsukasa is talking about an advert -- not legit power leveling by friends.