PDA

View Full Version : LocoRoco (Downloadable Demo Instructions Inside)

Necronopticous
08-31-2006, 07:00 AM
I reserved LocoRoco today and Gamestop gave me a demo disc along with my reservation. When I got home I tried it out, and the one level offered kept me busy for at least an hour and a half. I still can't seem to find the last LocoRoco fruit and the last ten bugs.

I am really anticipating the sixth so I can get my hands on the full version. Anyone else reserved? Anyone perfected the demo level yet?

(Downloadable demo instructions at post #10)

Jowy
08-31-2006, 07:37 AM
I played the demo for about ten minutes and loved it. If I had a PSP, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-31-2006, 07:57 AM
To say I'm relieved this game didn't get pushed back to November like prettymuch every other game scheduled to release this autumn would be an understatement most gross.

Rostum
08-31-2006, 12:01 PM
It looks very cute and I like the music. If I had a PSP I'd defenately get it!

Markus. D
08-31-2006, 12:16 PM
it looks fun.

Simple is Fun.

JKTrix
08-31-2006, 12:32 PM
I've had the Japanese demo for quite some time, but I find no way to get the other RocoFruit -_-

I may just buy this game, the only thing that holds me back is the fact that I don't really use my PSP much.

Dreddz
08-31-2006, 02:49 PM
I may just buy this game, the only thing that holds me back is the fact that I don't really use my PSP much.

Shouldn't that be more reason to buy this game then ?

JKTrix
08-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Perhaps. I don't have a lot of room to carry too much stuff everywhere, and I'm too afraid the PSP will break if I did. The thing is so delicate.

The DS dominates my portable time just like it dominates in Japan (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/31/ds-dominates-japanese-game-sales-charts/). If I don't want to take my PSP around, then I would only play it at home... where I have consoles to play.

Still, this is the top-ranking 'game to get' on PSP for me.

Dreddz
08-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Guilty Gear Judgement is the top ranking game for me...

Necronopticous
08-31-2006, 05:34 PM
For PSP owners, if you would like to try out LocoRoco and are too lazy to go pre-order it at GameStop and pick up a hard-copy US demo, or if you just want an extra level you can download the Japanese demo to your memory stick. I will now give you instructions:

1) Plug in your PSP via your USB connection cable.
2) Enter your PSP main menu
3) Browse horizontally to the Settings icon (far left)
4) Browse vertically to the USB Connection icon (second from top), Press X
5) When your PSP says "USB Mode" on the screen, you are ready to open a web browser on your PC and follow this link:

http://dl.qj.net/LocoRoco-DEMO-PSP-PSP/pg/12/fid/7207/catid/446

6) Click download
7) Choose "Save to disc"
8) Go to My Computer > Removable Disk > PSP > GAME (You may have to create this directory) > UCJS10041 (You will have to create this directory)
9) Press Save
10) When the download completes, cancel out of USB mode with O, unplug your PSP from your computer and browse horizontally to the Game icon (Second from right)
11) Browse vertically to Memory Stick (Bottom one), Press X
12) Find the LocoRoco box, most likely the only one in there if you haven't done any homebrew, press X.
13) Enjoy LocoRoco.

JKTrix
08-31-2006, 07:55 PM
Don't you need the 2.71+ firmware to play the demo? Could be problematic if you're not on the bleeding edge of homebrew developments.

Dreddz
09-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Little off topic, but people should check out the Tama Run demo, definately worth playing.