PDA

View Full Version : Seifer and Sorceress Knights

Enyu
08-31-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm new here, so I don't know if this topic has been brought up before, but there's this question I've had for a while now concerning Seifer, as Edea and Ultimecia's "Knight".
What exactly motivated him to become a Sorceress Knight to begin with. Quistis says on the third disc that Seifer was not pursuing his dream as a knight because of his loyalty to matron, since he sided with Ultimecia afterwards.
So what is it exactly that made Seifer want to become a Sorceress Knight so badly? In the game, he was almost obsessive about it.

Hyperion4444
08-31-2006, 04:38 PM
I know he rented the book in the library.
I am most sure he saw the Sorceress Knight film featuring Laguna.
(He does the same signature move with his Gunblade.)

You wondering why he's got that obsession.

Well, I wonder,
Why didn't he stop Edea from Firing the Garden?
Why did he go retrieve the Lunatic Pandora in the Ocean?
Why at the End he wants to be a ''young revolutionair''?
Why he threw Rinoa at Adel?

I may got the anwser, but it ain't pretty for Seifer.

The way Ultimecia takes control of other Sorceresses.
She sends him dreams, for Seifer becoming a Knight.
She is deceiving him. Ultimatly, controlling him.

He was good. He was.
If only he could have stayed good.
He was much stronger as a hero than vilain

Yet the final question remains open.

sephirothishere
08-31-2006, 05:29 PM
i think hes cool....hes messed up though..

King-Killer
08-31-2006, 06:25 PM

Exactly my though too.

Enyu
08-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Well, I wonder,
Why didn't he stop Edea from Firing the Garden?
Why did he go retrieve the Lunatic Pandora in the Ocean?
Why at the End he wants to be a ''young revolutionair''?
Why he threw Rinoa at Adel?

That's exactly what made me think this was an obsession. He did all these horrible things just to become a sorceress knight.

As to that thing with the brainwashing or whatever you call it, it made me think that Edea (Ulti) could have done that to him from the beginning when he was in Timber, since he was at first reluctant to go with her, but then he was all of a sudden waving goodby to Squall.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-31-2006, 06:50 PM

Exactly my though too.
Yeah Seifer is cool. :cool: [not as cool as Squall!!! :heart:]

Seifer is not messed up...he has a dream just like everyone else.

:heart: *~Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views~* :heart:

Squall Leonhart - Final Fantasy VIII

Just because Seifer thinks differently from other people doesn't mean he's "messed up". :nonono:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
08-31-2006, 06:56 PM
It's his romantic dream. He fancies Edea of course

McLovin'
08-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Because he is a villain and they all think evil.

King-Killer
08-31-2006, 07:15 PM

Who said anything about evil?

EDIT: I've seen some vilain turned hero, and some hero turned into vilain...

Enyu
08-31-2006, 07:21 PM

I don't think that's the reason. Otherwise, he wouldn't have went on serving Ultimecia.

King-Killer
08-31-2006, 07:27 PM

I don't think that's the reason. Otherwise, he wouldn't have went on serving Ultimecia.

She did say.

Ultimecia: Find the legendary Lunatic Pandora said to be buried in the seas, only then will the sorceress return dreams.

Or, something like that...

Seifer: As you wish, Ultimecia.

So, as you can see, she's playing with his emotions and dreams.

McLovin'
08-31-2006, 07:27 PM

What?

Evil in a sense that he does not do good...:mog:
Until Squall kicks his ass and Raijin and Fuijin turn on him, he changes his mind cause he is a weenie.

For lack of a better term.

King-Killer
08-31-2006, 07:34 PM

What?

Evil in a sense that he does not do good...:mog:
Until Squall kicks his ass and Raijin and Fuijin turn on him, he changes his mind cause he is a weenie.

For lack of a better term.

I don't understand?
Are you saying Seifer is evil?

McLovin'
08-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes.

Then no.

King-Killer
08-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Then we agree.

McLovin'
08-31-2006, 07:50 PM
:cool:

Enyu
08-31-2006, 08:57 PM
So, as you can see, she's playing with his emotions and dreams.

Yeah, but why is that his dream?

McLovin'
08-31-2006, 09:02 PM
BECAUSE IT IS A GAAAAME!

:moomba:

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
08-31-2006, 09:16 PM
Look Seifer wants to have sex with Ultimecia and Edea because he likes older women but for him to have sex with them he as to do them favours or else he wonīt get a piece of "pie".

McLovin'
08-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Look Seifer wants to have sex with Ultimecia and Edea because he likes older women but for him to have sex with them he as to do them favours or else he wonīt get a piece of "pie".

Ohhhh riiit. :choc2:

Enyu
08-31-2006, 11:06 PM

LOL...funny:lol:

Qurange
09-01-2006, 12:06 AM
It was a childhood dream--I mean, it makes sense, given his personality, to want to, instead of being just an orphan mercenary, to be something important and noble. That's why he wanted it--then, Ultimecia manipulated him into thinking that was what he was getting, with her spooky mind control powers, which is why his dream was tainted.

What he actually /wanted/ was to be the ideal he was deluded into thinking he was.

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-01-2006, 03:50 AM
Here is Sorceress Knight Seifer: Chaser of Hopeless Dreams

Seifer represents Squalls antagonist as well as the average human that has great aspirations but always falls short of them replacing them with more and more out of reach 'dreams'. He failed repeated as a SeeD, a respected mercenary and 'hero' of the time. Basically, like military soliders are always advertised today. He wanted to become something legendary. He envied Squall who just was just a natural to being a SeeD and leader and Seifer was just getting the bad end of the scale of fate.

He failed at one dream and sought to fulfill his 'dream' by sideing with the awesome power of the Ultimate Sorceress: Ultimecia...

At the end... He is again bested by even his flunkies, (I forget their names) at fishing no less. As the Balamb Garden flies overhead, he looks back at his past and I believe he sort of accepts that there are things he was not meant to be good at... But there is something out there... Something... and so his journey continues...

Zeromus_X
09-01-2006, 03:54 AM
I always thought it was just his drive for success and being the center of attention, and to feel fulfilled. Or something. I mean, after being denied becoming a SeeD, I'd think he'd be feeling pretty bad and would want to achieve something so he doesn't just become an asshole failure.

Or maybe he was just controlled.

But anyway, my standard response, what does the UOG say for this? That would probably clear alot of things up.

sephirothishere
09-01-2006, 01:56 PM
this kinda reminds me of the whole jenova and kadaj thing....its kinda against their will but its kinda what they want to do.......squall is a cool dude...seifers a cool dude but at least hes more excitin then squall....

King-Killer
09-01-2006, 06:00 PM
He wanted to be Rinoa's ''sorceress'' Knight...

LUKEJAKE17
09-01-2006, 10:30 PM
me and anaisa have always thought that! this is a great topic. seifers fantastic id join him as a knight if i was there! seifers probably my favourite character in ff8 and who wouldnt be a knight if you could get all filthy with edea! those long fingers...OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH, LA FOLIE.

Anaisa
09-01-2006, 10:50 PM

me and anaisa have always thought that! So it has to be true.

Future Esthar
09-27-2006, 01:02 AM

I agree.
What you donīt know is that he and Edea will become Rinoaīs parents.(Again,research my WOTC theory on this forum to understand this apparent time paradox).

Oh,and Ulti=Edea.

Ryushikaze
09-27-2006, 04:59 AM

I agree.
What you donīt know is that he and Edea will become Rinoaīs parents.(Again,research my WOTC theory on this forum to understand this apparent time paradox).

Oh,and Ulti=Edea.

Disregard the above. FE has never provided a scrap of evidence for ANY of his conspiracies.

Future Esthar
09-27-2006, 05:03 AM
That is not quite the thruth and you know that.

Ryushikaze
09-27-2006, 05:05 AM
That is not quite the thruth and you know that.

Okay, fine. RELEVANT evidence, then. CONVINCING evidence. WORTHWHILE evidence.

Future Esthar
09-27-2006, 05:23 AM
I donīt provide evidence for ALL theories.
But I had done that with a few.
Of course on a game it is impossible to have a 100 percent confident evidence for anything.

WOTC is a model which helps to clarify some theories.It serves as a support whose consequences and properties enables us to retell the story of FF8 on a different manner.