PDA

View Full Version : Songs I'd like to see on a Nobuo Uematsu performance...

Peter_20
08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
I honestly think most NU repertoires suck, because they never list the REAL classics.
Alright, One Winged Angel is cool and great and stuff, but it's actually the only one I usually really like.
If I were in charge of this, I'd choose this list:

FINAL FANTASY
Prologue
Matoya the Witch
Final Dungeon

FINAL FANTASY 2
Overworld Theme
Town Theme

FINAL FANTASY 3
Boundless Ocean
Elia, the Maiden of Water

FINAL FANTASY 4
Overworld Theme
Theme of Love
Rydia's Theme

FINAL FANTASY 5
Final Overworld Theme

FINAL FANTASY 6
Terra's Theme
Locke's Theme
The Decisive Battle

FINAL FANTASY 7
Cloud's Theme
Aeris' Theme
Still More Fightning
Electric de Chocobo
One Winged Angel

FINAL FANTASY 8
Eyes On Me

FINAL FANTASY 9
Terra
Bran Bal
Final Battle
Melodies of Life

Prelude

I'm pretty sure this is what the audience REALLY wants, at least those who've never heard of Nobuo Uematsu before.
I really wish you could send this to Uematsu-san, and ask him to consider the idea. :)

boys from the dwarf
08-31-2006, 06:13 PM
sounds a good idea.

if you go on youtube.com and type in black mages concert there are 12 videos that are part of a 12 tune black mages concert which include some of the good tunes on there (including matoyas tune.) im not sure if this is what your looking for though.

Auragaea
08-31-2006, 10:28 PM
Just because you like those songs doesn't mean everybody else does.

Peter_20
08-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Just because you like those songs doesn't mean everybody else does.As a matter of fact, that list is based a lot on songs that everybody else asks for.

Here's a handful of VERY classic songs, and I listed all of them:

Prologue
Matoya the Witch
Terra's Theme
Aeris' Theme
Melodies of Life

The other songs are constantly brought up on every FF forum in existence.
So yes, everybody else likes these songs. ;)

Auragaea
08-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Not me.

Peter_20
08-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Not me.This is interesting, whenever I mention stuff that's very well-liked, people just run over me and say "I DON'T like that!"

I might even succeed in making Terra's Theme become hated now. XD

Auragaea
09-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Just because I don't like those songs doesn't mean I hate them. And how can you say that the majority of people only like THESE songs from the FF series? I also know for a fact that there are more songs in FFV and FFVIII that a lot of people enjoyed yet you only listed 1, which leads me to believe that this list is comprised mainly of YOUR personal favorite songs.

Sephex
09-02-2006, 02:17 AM
I've been to an actual performance and let me tell you that hearing any song live is quite amazing.

Sefie1999AD
09-02-2006, 06:18 PM
To be frank, I wouldn't like to hear FFVII Reunion or FFVIII Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec arrangements on a live concert any more. There's so many songs from those CDs that have been performed several times live, and their arrangements have been identical (for example, Aeris' Theme and Don't Be Afraid). I'd like to hear songs from the older FFs, especially FF3's "Everlasting World" ending theme. To be frank, those ending themes would make excellent orchestral performances, IMHO. I think "Epilogue" from FFIV, "A New World" from FFV and the "Ending Theme" from FFVI would sound good when performed by a live orchestra.